Moderator: Moderators

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Is there proof or not?

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

Help me understand this.

Christians will claim they have ample evidence of the Holy Spirit, or God based on the feelings they get, or what they call evidence., or, "He'll prove himself to you when you believe.".

But, they also say God can't be tested for, and you can't prove God's existence because it would take away Free Will, or "God doesn't work that way".

These two ideas - that are probably mentioned a million times on this forum - are contradictory.

Can a Christian please explain, for once and for all, the rules on how God can be detected, but not proven, but proven and not detected, or whatever.

It makes no sense to me, but I'm an idiot, so maybe I don't get the simple logic.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Re: Is there proof or not?

Post #111

Post by boatsnguitars »

1213 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:07 am
boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:11 am ...
How can I do this with God? And what are you measuring with God? Divine Power, or God Himself? What is actually doing the work when you talk about "influence"?
What influence are you talking about?
God's influence can be seen from what He has done, or what He has promised to do. For example He made certain promises for Jews and has kept the promises.
So, you're saying like gravity and electricity, God has proven his existence - so I should be a Theist because it's so obvious?

Why aren't I a Theist? Why isn't everyone a Theist and of the same religion?
― Omar Khayyâm

The Spirit of Truth
Student

Post #112

Post by The Spirit of Truth »

[Replying to boatsnguitars in post #1]
You want proof God exist?!!! And, if I gave you that proof what than would you think? For great is the person who believes, who has faith/hope without seeing, that God does exist!
Read my post! There's only one post that I have posted.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #113

Post by boatsnguitars »

The Spirit of Truth wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:44 pm [Replying to boatsnguitars in post #1]
You want proof God exist?!!! And, if I gave you that proof what than would you think? For great is the person who believes, who has faith/hope without seeing, that God does exist!
Read my post! There's only one post that I have posted.
Ah, the cryptic pseudo-prophet. A classic internet persona...

Yes, give me proof. Let's see what I think of your alleged proof.
― Omar Khayyâm

The Spirit of Truth
Student

Post #114

Post by The Spirit of Truth »

[Replying to boatsnguitars in post #113]
Screenshot_20220404-115909_Chrome.jpg
So, lets set the stage and let's look at what Scripture says.
Revelation of Jesus Christ 19:10. And, I (John) fell at his feet to worship him. And he (Angel) said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the Testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the Testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy.
Gospel of John 16:12, 13, 14, 15 he shall show you things to come (Prophecy)!!!
Isaiah 42 the Lord's Servant 42:9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. (Prophecy again)
Remember the Word has to be Written or Spoken before it happens! Go to my fb page Roman Deutsch and go to March 20th post and March 4th post.
I have many more photos that can verify my words and Scripture!!!

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #115

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Save the photos.Give us some reason why your words or those of scripture deserve attention. Y'know, I'm glad to see people drop in, but you have to produce something better than that.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #116

Post by boatsnguitars »

The Spirit of Truth wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:34 pm [Replying to boatsnguitars in post #113]
Screenshot_20220404-115909_Chrome.jpg
So, lets set the stage and let's look at what Scripture says.
Revelation of Jesus Christ 19:10. And, I (John) fell at his feet to worship him. And he (Angel) said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the Testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the Testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy.
Gospel of John 16:12, 13, 14, 15 he shall show you things to come (Prophecy)!!!
Isaiah 42 the Lord's Servant 42:9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. (Prophecy again)
Remember the Word has to be Written or Spoken before it happens! Go to my fb page Roman Deutsch and go to March 20th post and March 4th post.
I have many more photos that can verify my words and Scripture!!!
And you wonder why we are still atheists...

Even you must realize this isn't proof. We asked for proof. Not vague claims from a book. Do you believe everything you read?

Theists, Christians, why won't you speak up about this guy? He's clearly trying to be prophetic. He's clearly an extremist - yet, I bet some of you wish you had his zealotry, while others wish he would shut up. Come on Christians, he's one of yours, tell him why or why not his claims don't rise to the level of proof.
― Omar Khayyâm

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #117

Post by TRANSPONDER »

I just had a look at a sorta phone in show (Atheist -Experience style) and a phone- in was playing the word/concept games. 'atheism only works in the real world'. Which is false because it applies also to supernatural theistic claims. He was talking about money wasn't real (the 'mathematics is a human invention' argument) and apart from droning on not listening as the hosts tried to discuss with him (that might have been a phone - connection -effect) it's really all making words (and concepts) stand on their heads. Not pointing at recent posts, but just looking through a few recent 'proofs of God' videos,the arguments are often so poor, lack any idea of how the world works, or the logical approach to data and they just trot out the old debunked arguments. Never mind quoting scripture. They just do not get how evidence and logic really operates.

brunumb
Savant

Post #118

Post by brunumb »

The Spirit of Truth wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:44 pm You want proof God exist?!!! And, if I gave you that proof what than would you think?
If you proved that God exists then I would have to believe that God exists.
The Spirit of Truth wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:44 pm For great is the person who believes, who has faith/hope without seeing, that God does exist!
Now you're suggesting that it is better to believe without proof. Why is that?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

brunumb
Savant

Post #119

Post by brunumb »

The Spirit of Truth wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:34 pm So, lets set the stage and let's look at what Scripture says.
You're off on the wrong foot already. Scripture is the claim, not the proof.

You came here to debate, so please present your case here rather than sending us off to some other site.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Savant

Post #120

Post by 1213 »

boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:40 am So, you're saying like gravity and electricity, God has proven his existence - so I should be a Theist because it's so obvious?
For me it is so. I don't say anyone else has to believe the same way.
boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:40 am Why aren't I a Theist? Why isn't everyone a Theist and of the same religion?
I can't answer for others in this case, sorry.