Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

"The Mandelbrot Set: Atheists’ WORST Nightmare"

Post #1

Post by Miles »

One Of The Silliest Arguments For God, Ever

.................................... Dr. Jason Lisle

Like so many educated spokesmen for religion, when Dr. Lisle steps outside his sphere of expertise (Ph.D. astrophysics) he sounds like a blithering pinhead. Not only does he not know what he's talking about, but he starts babbling like a gobsmacked 13 year-old born again Christian. If you can't stand to watch the whole video simply read through the quote below and note the last three sentences——Although, as a writer for Answers in Genesis, none of his little presentation here comes as any surprise.

time mark:22:00-22:58
". . . .What does it mean? We got these wonderful shapes? And it's very pretty Dr. Lyle [sic], but who cares? Well, I want to ask what causes the beauty in fractals because I think you'd agree they're beautiful and they're certainly complex, and so I have to ask what causes the complexity in them? The fact when you zoom in you get not only baby versions of them, but the, the, uh the complexity increases as you zooming, as you zoom in rather than decreases. What's, what's causing that? So let's answer the first one first. What causes the beauty in fractals and I'll have several possibilities. Could it be the man-made color scheme? Now, I told you the colors are arbitrary, Other than we, we always assign black to the, to the set itself and then we assign other colors to the, to the perimeter to make it easier to see. And I'll admit I picked the colors. I think they're pretty. Other people pick other colors, sometimes not always pleasant ones, and shame on them because you know I do have an artistic side. . . . "

And he doesn't appear to be kidding in the least.

So, as Jason Lisle said up front, do you think "there is no secular or atheistic explanation for what he shares" in his video here? A "secret code that only makes sense in the Christian worldview"?

William
Savant

Re: "The Mandelbrot Set: Atheists’ WORST Nightmare"

Post #11

Post by William »

I have watched this video before...a few months back.
The blurb writes:

"Why is the Mandelbrot set atheists’ worst nightmare? Because it reveals the infinite, intelligent mind of God in ways that you’ve probably never seen before."

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Re: "The Mandelbrot Set: Atheists’ WORST Nightmare"

Post #12

Post by boatsnguitars »

It's funny how Christians just grab at anything to prop up their ridiculous belief. SMH and laughing at them. :P
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm