How do you feel about the foot in the mouth or don't you care?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Redemption Q

How do you feel about the foot in the mouth or don't you care?

Post #1

Post by Redemption Q »

I posted this subject a couple of days ago and it got move to a different forum because it was not in the proper format for the political end of things here.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/i-l ... 20002.html

Is it any wonder why the otherside is so down on him?

Tcg
Savant

Re: How do you feel about the foot in the mouth or don't you care?

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

Redemption Q wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:47 am I posted this subject a couple of days ago and it got move to a different forum because it was not in the proper format for the political end of things here.
Moderator Clarification

Wrong. It got moved because it ignored the Rules of this site and ignored the advice given in Tips on starting a debate topic. This topic is marginal. Please review the information contained in the following two links:

Rules
Tips on starting a debate topic

Moderator clarifications do not count as a strike against any posters. They serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received and/or are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels a clarification of the rules is required.

Redemption Q

Post #3

Post by Redemption Q »

[Replying to Tcg in post #2]

Uncle!

I did not have that topic as my subject.

Your rules are difficult to follow.

Cancel me out of here... I wont be back.

I am obviously too polite for you.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by Athetotheist »

Redemption Q wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:47 am I posted this subject a couple of days ago and it got move to a different forum because it was not in the proper format for the political end of things here.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/i-l ... 20002.html

Is it any wonder why the otherside is so down on him?
https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-bidens ... a-65159845

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Purple Knight »

Good example of Joe Biden's serious case of old being too much for the gravity of the office of President to just absorb.

Even if he was soundbited (more likely he just trailed off and rambled inappropriately as he sometimes does), a President has to account for that and be dignified.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by boatsnguitars »

Purple Knight wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:30 pm Good example of Joe Biden's serious case of old being too much for the gravity of the office of President to just absorb.

Even if he was soundbited (more likely he just trailed off and rambled inappropriately as he sometimes does), a President has to account for that and be dignified.
He didn't do anything wrong. What are you responding to, a tiny clip, with questionable audio? I'm well aware of the difficulty of getting good sound in a sound studio, let alone outside with hand mics or phone mics.

I just can't understand why people feel a need to react to soundbites.

Outrage is getting old.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Purple Knight »

boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:23 am

Outrage is getting old.
I'm not reacting to a soundbite. I frankly don't care if he straight up rambled to victims of a shooting about ice cream. I don't care if Obama makes fun of the Special Olympics by saying his bowling game was that bad. I don't care who Bill Clinton has sex with. And I don't care how many ridiculous words Trump makes up or if he thinks we can somehow use bleach to solve covid. I just care about policy.

But being soundbited is a reality. It's a reality the President has to deal with. It's an unfortunate reality that means a president has to be ultra-careful about what he says and not go off script or it hurts the party. Biden is too old to be handle that responsibility.

We have a law that says a president must be at least 35 years old, not because nobody under 35 could handle it, but because a great many people under 35 cannot. If we're already discriminating and barring competent people from the office to get the demographic most likely to succeed, there's a case for a similar rule about people over 65. They could easily be senile. I don't know if Trump's trailing off his sentences or Biden's rambling means senility. They both claim not to be senile. But maybe let's not take the chance.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to Purple Knight in post #7
We have a law that says a president must be at least 35 years old, not because nobody under 35 could handle it, but because a great many people under 35 cannot. If we're already discriminating and barring competent people from the office to get the demographic most likely to succeed, there's a case for a similar rule about people over 65.
There should at least be mandatory psychological evaluation, especially since the president is also commander in chief of the armed forces. If everyone in the military has to undergo psychological screening, their civilian CIC should have to as well.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by boatsnguitars »

Purple Knight wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:53 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:23 am

Outrage is getting old.
I'm not reacting to a soundbite. I frankly don't care if he straight up rambled to victims of a shooting about ice cream. I don't care if Obama makes fun of the Special Olympics by saying his bowling game was that bad. I don't care who Bill Clinton has sex with. And I don't care how many ridiculous words Trump makes up or if he thinks we can somehow use bleach to solve covid. I just care about policy.

But being soundbited is a reality. It's a reality the President has to deal with. It's an unfortunate reality that means a president has to be ultra-careful about what he says and not go off script or it hurts the party. Biden is too old to be handle that responsibility.

We have a law that says a president must be at least 35 years old, not because nobody under 35 could handle it, but because a great many people under 35 cannot. If we're already discriminating and barring competent people from the office to get the demographic most likely to succeed, there's a case for a similar rule about people over 65. They could easily be senile. I don't know if Trump's trailing off his sentences or Biden's rambling means senility. They both claim not to be senile. But maybe let's not take the chance.
I don't see where Biden has failed in his duty as President. Trump, GW Bush, Nixon, Reagan, etc. They failed and not just due to age.
Biden is slowing physically, but not mentally. It's a non-story.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #10

Post by The Barbarian »

Turns out, he was talking to an entirely different group, not to the families of the shooting victims.
But most of the posts omit the context of Biden's remarks. His speech was not intended to address the shooting, but was held for a very different event.

As the transcript shows, the president was actually speaking at the Small Business Administration's Women's Business Summit hosted at the White House.

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-bidens ... a-65159845

Apparently, the usual people ran out of things to be offended about, so they manufactured something.