The last supper

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

The last supper

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

At Luke 22, explains this event much more clear than the other 3 gospels. It is clear at verses 29-30, it was a special covenant made only to the ones who would sit on thrones beside Jesus in Gods kingdom( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)-- These are called-The little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed= the bride of Christ, numbered at 144,000( Rev 14:3) It was not for the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16)--This event occurred on the night of the passover. It should occur that night once a year. Jesus said--Keep on doing this in remembrance of me. The great crowd out of great respect should go and observe but not partake. Its a major sin for them to partake. Few of the little flock live on earth today, most lived back in Jesus, day.
Read Luke 22. Why are so many teachers wrong about this matter?

tam
Savant

Re: The last supper

Post #51

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:36 pm [Replying to tam in post #49]
The truth has been explained on this thread ad nauseum, but you fail to grasp the meaning of the "Last Supper." Either take it or leave it. All we can do is tell you, and it is up to you to accept it or reject it.
This makes no sense as a response to what I am asking, owh.

I am simply asking for the words from Christ that support what is being claimed. HE is my Master, Lord, Shepherd.

I don't care what men teach. I don't care what men and religion interpret. Neither your religion nor the men at her head get a free pass over other religions (or the men at their heads). I hold them all up against Christ (He, Himself... as well as His example, His commands, His word).

The fact that His words have not been supplied should tell you (or at least the reader) that He did not teach what is being claimed.

Who a person chooses to listen to though (Luke 9:35), is up to them.

Peace again to you, and to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #52

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:19 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:09 pm
tam wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:56 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:50 pm
tam wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:06 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:53 pm
tam wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:46 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:15 pm
tam wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:04 pm Peace to you kjw47,
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:04 pm

Luke 22:29-30-- a covenant made only to the ones who will sit on thrones. = the 144,000 no one else. I understand no other religion on earth has a clue as to the difference between the little flock and great crowd, its why they do not teach on that matter. Darkness is why.

You did not answer a single question that I asked, kjw47.

(I went back and bolded them to make them easier for you to see them.)

Peace again to you,
tammy
Yes we should listen to God and his son, but Luke 10:16 assures one must listen to men( that Jesus is their head) the same as listening to Jesus and God--These men-Matt 24:45--Jesus appoints them. The same as he appointed the apostles.
Well, that is one question. But even if what you said were true (**see below): Should we listen to men who teach others NOT to obey everything Christ commanded?

You might need to go back and read the entire post that you keep quoting. Because there are relevant questions in that post that should be answered, especially since your religion is teaching something different than Christ.

(**This is not an accurate representation of Luke 10:16, but that is a discussion that we can save for another thread so as not to distract from this thread.)

Peace again to you.
You must be kidding.

Not at all. This is why I have to wonder if you even read the post of mine that you keep quoting. Please re-read. I highlighted the relevant questions in bold. Though I recommend that you read the entire post for continuity of thought, I will highlight one relevant point:
Its a major sin for them to partake.

Please provide the teaching from Christ where it is a major sin for a Christian or a disciple of Christ to partake.

If you are going to claim it is a major sin to do something, then shouldn't you be able to show where Christ commanded against it?

Instead, wouldn't the sin be falsely teaching people that they should not obey even this command of Christ? Especially since Christ commanded the apostles to make disciples and teach those disciples to obey EVERYTHING that He had commanded them (the apostles)? Did you not recently post a thread where you said the real disciples obey everything that Christ commanded - every single thing?

Yet here you are saying that it would be a major sin for them TO obey THIS command.

Peace again to you.
It was a covenant Jesus made to those who sit on thrones.( Luke 22:29-30) Rev is clear, they are numbered-144,000-- So for any others to partake, they would be making themselves like the Pope does and elevates himself into Gods position by being called Holy Father. He fathered 0 spiritual truths. God fathered all spiritual truth. God is the holy Father, the Pope is not. Its the same principle applied to the unworthy to partake.
Please provide the teaching from Christ where it is a major sin for a Christian or a disciple of Christ to partake.

Peace again.
1Cor 11:27)-----Only the ones who sit on thrones are worthy-Luke 22:30
I will repeat:

Please provide the teaching FROM CHRIST where it is a major sin for a Christian or a disciple of Christ to partake.

(And 1 Corinthians 11 DOES NOT say what you keep trying to claim, as is explained on one of your previous threads: viewtopic.php?p=1113925#p1113925 )

Peace again to you.

Luke 22:30--a covenant made with those who will sit on thrones--The bible is clear-its the little flock, numbered at 144,000 literal.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #53

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to tam in post #49]

Tam wrote: “Please provide the teaching from Christ where it is a major sin for a Christian or a disciple of Christ to partake.”

Your response: “1Cor 11:27)-----Only the ones who sit on thrones are worthy-Luke 22:30”

What Scriptures tell us WHO will sit on thrones? What Scriptures tell us WHO is worthy to sit on thrones?

WHO are those who sit on thrones and judge? Scriptures please.
Last edited by MissKate13 on Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

MissKate13
Sage

Post #54

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #52]

In context, WHO is Jesus referring to as “little flock” in Luke 12:32?

tam
Savant

Post #55

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:29 pm
tam wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:04 pm Peace to you kjw47,

You did not answer a single question that I asked, kjw47.

(I went back and bolded them to make them easier for you to see them.)

Peace again to you,
tammy
Yes we should listen to God and his son, but Luke 10:16 assures one must listen to men( that Jesus is their head) the same as listening to Jesus and God--These men-Matt 24:45--Jesus appoints them. The same as he appointed the apostles.
Well, that is one question. But even if what you said were true (**see below): Should we listen to men who teach others NOT to obey everything Christ commanded?

You might need to go back and read the entire post that you keep quoting. Because there are relevant questions in that post that should be answered, especially since your religion is teaching something different than Christ.

(**This is not an accurate representation of Luke 10:16, but that is a discussion that we can save for another thread so as not to distract from this thread.)

Peace again to you.
You must be kidding.

Not at all. This is why I have to wonder if you even read the post of mine that you keep quoting. Please re-read. I highlighted the relevant questions in bold. Though I recommend that you read the entire post for continuity of thought, I will highlight one relevant point:

If you are going to claim it is a major sin to do something, then shouldn't you be able to show where Christ commanded against it?

Instead, wouldn't the sin be falsely teaching people that they should not obey even this command of Christ? Especially since Christ commanded the apostles to make disciples and teach those disciples to obey EVERYTHING that He had commanded them (the apostles)? Did you not recently post a thread where you said the real disciples obey everything that Christ commanded - every single thing?

Yet here you are saying that it would be a major sin for them TO obey THIS command.

Peace again to you.
It was a covenant Jesus made to those who sit on thrones.( Luke 22:29-30) Rev is clear, they are numbered-144,000-- So for any others to partake, they would be making themselves like the Pope does and elevates himself into Gods position by being called Holy Father. He fathered 0 spiritual truths. God fathered all spiritual truth. God is the holy Father, the Pope is not. Its the same principle applied to the unworthy to partake.

Peace again.
I will repeat:

Please provide the teaching FROM CHRIST where it is a major sin for a Christian or a disciple of Christ to partake.

(And 1 Corinthians 11 DOES NOT say what you keep trying to claim, as is explained on one of your previous threads: viewtopic.php?p=1113925#p1113925 )

Peace again to you.

Luke 22:30--a covenant made with those who will sit on thrones--The bible is clear-its the little flock, numbered at 144,000 literal.
In other words, you can provide no teaching from Christ that it is a major sin for a Christian or a disciple of Christ to partake. The reason for this is because it is NOT something that Christ ever taught.

Not even 1Corinth 11 supports that claim.

Instead:
The WTS misuses chapter 11 here to make people AFRAID to eat and drink the flesh and blood of Christ. But if it was so dangerous for someone to eat or to drink, then Christ would have warned us about it, instead of inviting anyone to eat and to drink, saying that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them.
viewtopic.php?p=1113925#p1113925

Peace still to you.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #56

Post by kjw47 »

MissKate13 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:09 pm [Replying to kjw47 in post #52]

In context, WHO is Jesus referring to as “little flock” in Luke 12:32?
The ones who he made the covenant to partake of the emblems( Luke 22:30)- they will sit on thrones as kings and priests( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6) these are the anointed, the bride of Christ= 144,000 literal. These are not the great crowd of other sheep who are not of that fold.( Rev 7:9- John 10:16)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #57

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:19 pm Peace to you,

Peace again to you.
You must be kidding.

Peace again to you.

Peace again.
I will repeat:

Peace again to you.

In other words, you can provide no teaching from Christ that it is a major sin for a Christian or a disciple of Christ to partake. The reason for this is because it is NOT something that Christ ever taught.

Instead:
The WTS misuses chapter 11 here to make people AFRAID to eat and drink the flesh and blood of Christ. But if it was so dangerous for someone to eat or to drink, then Christ would have warned us about it, instead of inviting anyone to eat and to drink, saying that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them.

Peace still to you.

You will find out i am correct. By believing Luke 22:30 or the hard way when this prophecy found 20 x in Ezekial comes true--They will have to know, i am YHWH(Jehovah)-- I am hoping you listen to truth now. I pray you will.
Only 144,000 will sit on thrones.

tam
Savant

Post #58

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

I am going to stop with our big long quote box because you are not going to answer the questions that were asked of you (to provide Christ's words on the matter) and the boxes are getting to be a bit too much.

Moving onward...
[Replying to kjw47 in post #57]

You will find out i am correct.
But what you have said is not taught by Christ (nor even the apostles, nor even Paul); and it even contradicts what Christ said about who can eat and drink of Him.

I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Combine that truth with His command to the apostles:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

Nor was it only Israel that ate the manna after leaving Egypt, but also the vast crowd/foreigners that left Egypt and went with Israel ate the manna (and drank from Christ as well).

Peace again to you,
tammy

MissKate13
Sage

Post #59

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to tam in post #58]

Don’t hold your breath, Tam. You will never get an answer. Watchtower Witnesses are famous for stripping verses out of context, and changing the subject. They think they can prove one Scripture wrong by putting another against it.

Jesus wants ALL of His followers to share His Supper. For in doing so, they remember His sacrifice, and show His death to the world till He comes again.

Paul had to remind the church at Corinth that when they shared the Supper, they were to do so in a worthy manner. Every congregation of the Lord’s church partook of the Supper as Jesus commanded.

How sad that so many JW’s do not join in this memorial of our Savior who died for ALL.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #60

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:19 pm Peace to you,

Peace again to you.
You must be kidding.

Peace again to you.

Peace again.
I will repeat:

Peace again to you.

Instead:

Peace still to you.

Jesus teachings prove who is correct--John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--Why wont you believe Jesus here?