The last supper

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

The last supper

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

At Luke 22, explains this event much more clear than the other 3 gospels. It is clear at verses 29-30, it was a special covenant made only to the ones who would sit on thrones beside Jesus in Gods kingdom( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)-- These are called-The little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed= the bride of Christ, numbered at 144,000( Rev 14:3) It was not for the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16)--This event occurred on the night of the passover. It should occur that night once a year. Jesus said--Keep on doing this in remembrance of me. The great crowd out of great respect should go and observe but not partake. Its a major sin for them to partake. Few of the little flock live on earth today, most lived back in Jesus, day.
Read Luke 22. Why are so many teachers wrong about this matter?

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: The last supper

Post #31

Post by kjw47 »

1213 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:48 am
kjw47 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:29 pm
1213 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:09 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:01 pm
1213 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:57 am
kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:52 pm The little flock( Luke12:32)these are the anointed, the bride of Christ, they are numbered=144,000--They will rule on thrones beside Jesus in heaven as kings and priests. Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)--He made that covenant with them only as Luke 22:29-30 brings out.
When I read those, I don't see anything in them that would support your claim, sorry.
Its not to hard to understand Luke 22:29-30-- a covenant made only to the ones who will sit on thrones.
Maybe that is a different matter than I was talking about. I think this covenant is offered for all:

He took the cup, gave thanks, and gave to them, saying, "All of you drink it, for this is my blood of the new covenant, which is poured out for many for the remission of sins.
Matthew 26:27-28
Luke 22 is all about that covenant--Only to those who will sit on thrones-22:29-30
If that covenant is only for the 12, why it is speaking of many? Sorry, I think the covenant is offered for all people.

144,000 make up the little flock--The great crowd of other sheep, no man can number so the little flock has to be the 144,000--its the only ones who will be saved.( little flock and great crowd)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #32

Post by kjw47 »

WinkyDinky wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:06 am
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:26 pm At Luke 22, explains this event much more clear than the other 3 gospels. It is clear at verses 29-30, it was a special covenant made only to the ones who would sit on thrones beside Jesus in Gods kingdom( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)-- These are called-The little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed= the bride of Christ, numbered at 144,000( Rev 14:3) It was not for the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16)--This event occurred on the night of the passover. It should occur that night once a year. Jesus said--Keep on doing this in remembrance of me. The great crowd out of great respect should go and observe but not partake. Its a major sin for them to partake. Few of the little flock live on earth today, most lived back in Jesus, day.
No , it is not clear. Nothing you have stated is written in the 22 chapter of Luke.
You or some one made all this up that you have stated from your imagination.
I wrote facts. The only ones getting saved = the little flock and great crowd of other sheep who are not of that fold. The great crowd no man can number, thus the little flock is the 144,000 who will sit on thrones-0 doubt.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #33

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:04 pm Peace to you kjw47,
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:04 pm
tam wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:09 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:26 pm At Luke 22, explains this event much more clear than the other 3 gospels. It is clear at verses 29-30, it was a special covenant made only to the ones who would sit on thrones beside Jesus in Gods kingdom( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)-- These are called-The little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed= the bride of Christ, numbered at 144,000( Rev 14:3) It was not for the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16)--
The meaning your religion has given these terms ("little flock"; "other sheep") is merely an interpretation (of men). This is why people do not see the connection that you are making. Because no one - not Christ, not the apostles, not Paul, etc - taught what your religion teaches about these terms. This, however, has been covered in many of the ongoing threads on this topic.
This event occurred on the night of the passover. It should occur that night once a year.
Partaking on only one night is also an interpretation of men. No one said that it should only be done on that one night.

Israel ate the manna (of which Christ is the true manna from heaven), every day.

But the important thing is to do what Christ said to do (whether you choose one night or every day or somewhere in the middle - that is between you and Christ).

Jesus said--Keep on doing this in remembrance of me.

Keep on doing WHAT in remembrance of Him, kjw47?

Please be specific.

What exactly did He say to keep doing in remembrance of Him?

The great crowd out of great respect should go and observe but not partake.
Is this what Christ commanded? That 'the great crowd' should observe but not partake? Or is this just a religious tradition, a command and tradition of men?
Its a major sin for them to partake.

Please provide the teaching from Christ where it is a major sin for a Christian or a disciple of Christ to partake.

If you are going to claim it is a major sin to do something, then shouldn't you be able to show where Christ commanded against it?

Instead, wouldn't the sin be falsely teaching people that they should not obey even this command of Christ? Especially since Christ commanded the apostles to make disciples and teach those disciples to obey EVERYTHING that He had commanded them (the apostles)? Did you not recently post a thread where you said the real disciples obey everything that Christ commanded - every single thing?

Yet here you are saying that it would be a major sin for them TO obey THIS command.
Few of the little flock live on earth today, most lived back in Jesus, day.

Most 'teachers' are wrong on this and other matters because they are not listening to Christ.

That goes for the 'teachers' teaching the doctrine you are presenting. Otherwise you (or they) could post a command from Christ that states it would be a major sin for most Christians to partake. But you won't find any such command from Him and that is why you cannot post it. Instead Christ teaches the exact opposite: that anyone may eat, and that the disciples are to obey everything Christ commanded the apostles.

The WTS is using FEAR to keep people from doing as Christ commanded, to keep people obeying them (men/religion) instead. I know it is hard to overcome fear - that is why religion uses it as a tactic to keep people obedient to it (to religion). But who should we be listening to? Christ (and so also His Father)... or men?

Who is the One who has the words of eternal life?
(John 6:68)

I know who I will listen to.

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear so as to get a sense of this truth from the One who IS the Truth: Christ Jaheshua. May anyone who wishes also hear as the Spirit (Christ) and the Bride say to you, "Come!" May anyone who wishes and anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
Luke 22:29-30-- a covenant made only to the ones who will sit on thrones. = the 144,000 no one else. I understand no other religion on earth has a clue as to the difference between the little flock and great crowd, its why they do not teach on that matter. Darkness is why.

You did not answer a single question that I asked, kjw47.

(I went back and bolded them to make them easier for you to see them.)

Peace again to you,
tammy
Yes we should listen to God and his son, but Luke 10:16 assures one must listen to men( that Jesus is their head) the same as listening to Jesus and God--These men-Matt 24:45--Jesus appoints them. The same as he appointed the apostles.

To the ones who will sit on thrones-Luke 22:29-30)= little flock( Luke 12:32) partake of the emblems, Jesus made that covenant only with them. They are the 144,000=the anointed=the bride of Christ--The great crowd( Rev7:9) no man can number are the other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold.

tam
Savant

Post #34

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:15 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:26 pm At Luke 22, explains this event much more clear than the other 3 gospels. It is clear at verses 29-30, it was a special covenant made only to the ones who would sit on thrones beside Jesus in Gods kingdom( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)-- These are called-The little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed= the bride of Christ, numbered at 144,000( Rev 14:3) It was not for the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16)--
The meaning your religion has given these terms ("little flock"; "other sheep") is merely an interpretation (of men). This is why people do not see the connection that you are making. Because no one - not Christ, not the apostles, not Paul, etc - taught what your religion teaches about these terms. This, however, has been covered in many of the ongoing threads on this topic.
This event occurred on the night of the passover. It should occur that night once a year.
Partaking on only one night is also an interpretation of men. No one said that it should only be done on that one night.

Israel ate the manna (of which Christ is the true manna from heaven), every day.

But the important thing is to do what Christ said to do (whether you choose one night or every day or somewhere in the middle - that is between you and Christ).

Please be specific.

Is this what Christ commanded? That 'the great crowd' should observe but not partake? Or is this just a religious tradition, a command and tradition of men?

Please provide the teaching from Christ where it is a major sin for a Christian or a disciple of Christ to partake.

If you are going to claim it is a major sin to do something, then shouldn't you be able to show where Christ commanded against it?

Instead, wouldn't the sin be falsely teaching people that they should not obey even this command of Christ? Especially since Christ commanded the apostles to make disciples and teach those disciples to obey EVERYTHING that He had commanded them (the apostles)? Did you not recently post a thread where you said the real disciples obey everything that Christ commanded - every single thing?

Yet here you are saying that it would be a major sin for them TO obey THIS command.

Most 'teachers' are wrong on this and other matters because they are not listening to Christ.

That goes for the 'teachers' teaching the doctrine you are presenting. Otherwise you (or they) could post a command from Christ that states it would be a major sin for most Christians to partake. But you won't find any such command from Him and that is why you cannot post it. Instead Christ teaches the exact opposite: that anyone may eat, and that the disciples are to obey everything Christ commanded the apostles.

The WTS is using FEAR to keep people from doing as Christ commanded, to keep people obeying them (men/religion) instead. I know it is hard to overcome fear - that is why religion uses it as a tactic to keep people obedient to it (to religion). But who should we be listening to? Christ (and so also His Father)... or men?

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear so as to get a sense of this truth from the One who IS the Truth: Christ Jaheshua. May anyone who wishes also hear as the Spirit (Christ) and the Bride say to you, "Come!" May anyone who wishes and anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

Peace again to you,
tammy
Luke 22:29-30-- a covenant made only to the ones who will sit on thrones. = the 144,000 no one else. I understand no other religion on earth has a clue as to the difference between the little flock and great crowd, its why they do not teach on that matter. Darkness is why.

Peace again to you,
tammy
Yes we should listen to God and his son, but Luke 10:16 assures one must listen to men( that Jesus is their head) the same as listening to Jesus and God--These men-Matt 24:45--Jesus appoints them. The same as he appointed the apostles.
Well, that is one question. But even if what you said were true (**see below): Should we listen to men who teach others NOT to obey everything Christ commanded?

You might need to go back and read the entire post that you keep quoting. Because there are relevant questions in that post that should be answered, especially since your religion is teaching something different than Christ.

(**This is not an accurate representation of Luke 10:16, but that is a discussion that we can save for another thread so as not to distract from this thread.)

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #35

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:46 pm Peace to you,

Please be specific.

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you,
tammy
Well, that is one question. But even if what you said were true (**see below): Should we listen to men who teach others NOT to obey everything Christ commanded?

You might need to go back and read the entire post that you keep quoting. Because there are relevant questions in that post that should be answered, especially since your religion is teaching something different than Christ.

(**This is not an accurate representation of Luke 10:16, but that is a discussion that we can save for another thread so as not to distract from this thread.)

Peace again to you.
You must be kidding. The JW,s teach every single teaching Jesus gave. All 70 sent out by 2 from Jesus were ministers-they had the ability to teach Jesus' truth. They went door to door( Acts 20:20) All JW,s are ministers, they go out by 2 as Jesus commanded. Door to door. Every JW has the ability to teach the truths Jesus gave. Few on earth know what he actually taught. When i show a trinitarian what he taught, they will not believe him over the errors that contradict him. I have been kicked out of many trinity run sights for showing them what Jesus actually taught. The true followers believe Jesus over the errors that is the difference.

tam
Savant

Post #36

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:53 pm

Please be specific.

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you.
You must be kidding.

Not at all. This is why I have to wonder if you even read the post of mine that you keep quoting. Please re-read. I highlighted the relevant questions in bold. Though I recommend that you read the entire post for continuity of thought, I will highlight one relevant point:

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #37

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:31 pm Peace to you,

[Replying to onewithhim in post #28]

I don't understand how you can say that these questions were answered. Anyone reading the thread can see that they have not been answered; no one has even attempted to answer them.

Peace again.
Oh yes they were answered. You just aren't close enough to the real Jesus to understand.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #38

Post by Difflugia »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:43 pmOh yes they were answered. You just aren't close enough to the real Jesus to understand.
It sounds a bit desperate to blame Jesus for not answering the questions you were supposed to answer.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by WinkyDinky »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:11 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:06 am
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:26 pm At Luke 22, explains this event much more clear than the other 3 gospels. It is clear at verses 29-30, it was a special covenant made only to the ones who would sit on thrones beside Jesus in Gods kingdom( Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)-- These are called-The little flock( Luke 12:32) = the anointed= the bride of Christ, numbered at 144,000( Rev 14:3) It was not for the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16)--This event occurred on the night of the passover. It should occur that night once a year. Jesus said--Keep on doing this in remembrance of me. The great crowd out of great respect should go and observe but not partake. Its a major sin for them to partake. Few of the little flock live on earth today, most lived back in Jesus, day.
No , it is not clear. Nothing you have stated is written in the 22 chapter of Luke.
You or some one made all this up that you have stated from your imagination.
I wrote facts. The only ones getting saved = the little flock and great crowd of other sheep who are not of that fold. The great crowd no man can number, thus the little flock is the 144,000 who will sit on thrones-0 doubt.
The only fact in any of this you have said, is that it is absurdly not factual.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #40

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:06 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:53 pm

Please be specific.

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you.
You must be kidding.

Not at all. This is why I have to wonder if you even read the post of mine that you keep quoting. Please re-read. I highlighted the relevant questions in bold. Though I recommend that you read the entire post for continuity of thought, I will highlight one relevant point:

Peace again to you.
It was a covenant Jesus made to those who sit on thrones.( Luke 22:29-30) Rev is clear, they are numbered-144,000-- So for any others to partake, they would be making themselves like the Pope does and elevates himself into Gods position by being called Holy Father. He fathered 0 spiritual truths. God fathered all spiritual truth. God is the holy Father, the Pope is not. Its the same principle applied to the unworthy to partake.