Flipping the 'Script'

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

POI
Prodigy

Flipping the 'Script'

Post #1

Post by POI »

It's now time to lay down some unfalsifiable assertions --- (just like many theists here do)....

1. The devil exists...
2. God exists....
3. God grants the devil freewill
4. The devil has the ability to deceive humans
5. The devil wants to deceive humans
6, The devil has above human powers --- (i.e.) can be in more than one place at once, etc etc etc etc.....

For debate: Jesus was actually the devil in disguise. No Messiah has come yet. The Orthodox Jews are still more right than you are. Please prove me wrong; aside from appealing to 'faith'.

This way, the devil can hang back and simply watch, as many place allegiance to the wrong dude/deity/other.
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Miles
Savant

Re: Flipping the 'Script'

Post #2

Post by Miles »

POI wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:40 pm It's now time to lay down some unfalsifiable assertions --- (just like many theists here do)....
They are also unprovable, or do you have proof that:
1. The devil exists...
2. God exists....
6, The devil has above human powers --- (i.e.) can be in more than one place at once, etc etc etc etc.....
?

For debate: Jesus was actually the devil in disguise. No Messiah has come yet. The Orthodox Jews are still more right than you are. Please prove me wrong; aside from appealing to 'faith'.
But they're your assertions so the burden of proof is yours. Prove your statements here are true.

POI
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by POI »

Miles wrote:Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:10 pm
POI wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:40 pm It's now time to lay down some unfalsifiable assertions --- (just like many theists here do)....
They are also unprovable, or do you have proof that:
1. The devil exists...
2. God exists....
?
Allow me to elaborate. My assertions are unfalsifiable. Since they are unfalsifiable, I can state them safely. The challenge is posed to the Christian, who already believes/assumes in (god/devil) concepts. Do you and I believe points 1 through 6? Likely not. The purpose of this exercise is to get the Christian to merely demonstrate what is posed in the debate challenge.
Miles wrote:Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:10 pm
But they're your assertions so the burden of proof is yours. Prove your statements here are true.

Again, like Christisans assume, that 1-6 are 'proven', what is to stop the devil from impersonating a messiah?
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to POI in post #1]
Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.