Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

Born from above!

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus says you must be born from above.

Scripture says he who is born from above is from heaven.

Since man does not really know where heaven is how can he know who comes from heaven or who is from above?

John 3:3
Jesus answered him, "Very truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above."

John 3:7
7 Do not be astonished that I said to you, "You must be born from above”.

John 3:31
31 The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks about earthly things. The one who comes from heaven is above all.

So, are you born from above? Are you from heaven?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Born from above!

Post #81

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:09 pm
God tells us in scripture how to find Him and His kingdom. It is a revelation to everyone who finds Him on that narrow road.
Actually, it's merely you claiming this, and either being incapable of, or refusing to show you speak truth.
God, aka Bobcat wrote: “Call upon me and I will answer you. I will tell you great things beyond the reach of your knowledge”, saith the LORD.
Now your challenge is showing those are the words of God, and not words you just copy / pasted from your favorite book.

I fear my quoting Jurassic Park as an example here might get you eaten by a T. Rex.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #82

Post by Bobcat »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:42 pm
Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:09 pm
TRANSPONDER wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:26 am
brunumb wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:52 am
Bobcat wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:49 pm You can’t find God on the wide road. It doesn’t lead to heaven. Religions take the wide road.

I took the narrow road. Most haven’t even found it.
What does that even mean? It doesn't even qualify as word salad. To me it is nothing more than gibberish designed to make one party seem so much more informed and important when there is absolutely no evidence of that even being slightly true. It would appear that you can find turnips on the narrow road.
It suggests to me yet another person who thinks they are one of the Few that are really Understanding the Bible, scripture and Jesus. It is not that uncommon that organized churches have been rejected. I have come across it many times. I may be guilty of it myself. :mrgreen: But I think it would be interesting to hear Mr Bubbacat tell us exactly what this Narrow Path to heaven entails and how he became one of the few who found the Narrow(and true) road. I might guess Born from above which being interpreted, means' Revelation. It was claimed on my previous board. True knowledge was beamed into the head of the true Christians by God. Because they were the one of the few who had Interpreted the Bible right.

Close, Mr Bobcat? Cigar?
God tells us in scripture how to find Him and His kingdom. It is a revelation to everyone who finds Him on that narrow road.

Get into scripture and find Him.

“Call upon me and I will answer you. I will tell you great things beyond the reach of your knowledge”, saith the LORD.
There's the problem. Why have you got it right and the others (Christians, apparently :? ) have got it wrong.
Because I did what Jesus said to do. Christianity follows Paul.

I have claimed certain things that Jesus also claimed but have gotten in trouble for it on religious forums. Jesus sent His followers with the same words given to Him with the same mission so that is what I have done.

“The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.”

I’m a shepherd of the sheep. A good shepherd.

brunumb
Savant

Post #83

Post by brunumb »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:09 pm God tells us in scripture how to find Him and His kingdom. It is a revelation to everyone who finds Him on that narrow road.

Get into scripture and find Him.
There are some very astute and intelligent people around here who have gone through scripture with a fine tooth comb without finding him. Why don't you just point us directly to the stuff that did it for you and clearly worked.
Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:09 pm “Call upon me and I will answer you. I will tell you great things beyond the reach of your knowledge”, saith the LORD.
Please share with us a bit of the great things beyond the reach of your knowledge that the Lord told you. It would help make that claim actually credible.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

brunumb
Savant

Post #84

Post by brunumb »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:17 pm Because I did what Jesus said to do. Christianity follows Paul.
Why so vague? tell us precisely what you did. Surely that is the most important thing.
Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:17 pm I have claimed certain things that Jesus also claimed but have gotten in trouble for it on religious forums.
Isn't that the price you sometimes have to pay for telling the truth? Stand by your convictions and tell us.
Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:17 pm Jesus sent His followers with the same words given to Him with the same mission so that is what I have done.
Except that you are not really telling us anything meaningful. "Go read scripture" is hardly revelatory and is the same message from just about every preacher one encounters. You are going to have to step up to the plate and lift your game.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #85

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:17 pm Because I did what Jesus said to do. Christianity follows Paul.
You claim to've did what a book claims Jesus told you to do.

Without your confirming the facts involved, it's impossible for us to confirm you speak truth.
(Reverend) Bobcat wrote: “The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.”

"You can trust me, I've got all the bible quotes."

I wouldn't trust you to know how to open a gate, much less how to get to the other side once you did.
-Punkinhead Martin

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #86

Post by Bobcat »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:43 pm

Without your confirming the facts involved, it's impossible for us to confirm you speak truth.
(Reverend) Bobcat wrote: “The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.”

I wouldn't trust you to know how to open a gate, much less how to get to the other side once you did.
The thing is, you guys want me to reveal to you things that I am not supposed to do. These are revelations that only God is supposed to do. I’m not going to take that chance. These things one has to earn in order to acquire.

“The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”

If you want to know you must serve and spread the WORD.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #87

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:51 pm The thing is, you guys want me to reveal to you things that I am not supposed to do.
Well ain't it just a crying shame you ain't supposed to support your claims in a debate.

Wait a cotton pickin' minute, I thought the moderators set the rules?

Who's this jerk telling you to ignore site rules, and I'll help ya fuss at em.
These are revelations that only God is supposed to do. I’m not going to take that chance. These things one has to earn in order to acquire.
These are claims.

I challenge these claims. Do you have the honor (or permission) to retract or support your challenged claims in this debate?
(Reverend) Bobcat wrote: “The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”
So you and the bible claim.

I challenge you to put truth to it.
Of course, because it's clear you'll not put you no truth to it.

The liar lies and the preacher preaches.
-Punkinhead Martin

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #88

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:51 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:43 pm

The thing is, you guys want me to reveal to you things that I am not supposed to do. These are revelations that only God is supposed to do. I’m not going to take that chance. These things one has to earn in order to acquire.

“The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”

Dude, I don't doubt you are sincere but you must understand that if a POE troll was winding us up and messing us about, he could not do a better job of it than you are doing. Though you have put in more Bible interpretation than they would.

Point is, your posted word means nothing. These scripture - savants and priests haven't got it right and only you have?You are the only one that Jesusgod is talking to and revealing the truth? They don't claim just the same?

You must see that just telling us that you are one of the Chosen few who really understand is going to need more, especially to one who has seen that not one, not a single one, of those Bible -believers really understand it, let alone do correctly what it says.

You have more work to do than just chuck faithclaims at us.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #89

Post by TRANSPONDER »

The quote is from Amos 3, I see.I'm not impressed, not by Bible prophecy or by modern prophets, whose record appears perfect. Fail every time.

Not that you seem to be prophesying anything or in deed doing much other than say you are the one of the few who have God's approval, because you are one of the few that understand the Bible aright because you do what it ways, which is apparently spread the Word, which being translated means - spout your personal opinions to anyone who will listen.

Sorry, you are wearing your fingers out to no purpose.

P.s I trust that you ain't afollower of that face -fungus fraud from Zimbabwe? I am not a violent man, but sometimes I long for a bit of good old -fashioned sectarian persecution.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #90

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to Bobcat in post #4
From above is used for that word far more than born again. People who belong to the world need it to say born again because they can’t understand it in a heavenly way.
"Born again" is the correct translation.

In the OP, you skip from John 3:3 to John 3:7. Between them is John 3:4....

How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

"Born again" is the only translation which makes sense in the context of the way Nicodemus responds.