Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Islam

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

Islam was started by an illiterate businessman, who plagerized the OT and NT, claimed that women were chattel.

It was declared the final evolution of Abraham's religion (sorry, Mormons) - the final word of God.

Debate:

Why is Islam wrong?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Savant

Re: Islam

Post #11

Post by 1213 »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:01 am This is going to come as a shock to you, but they believe they are following all Allah's messengers, including Jesus. Religious people! rolleyes.... am I right?
Ok, so you say they believe what Jesus said? Do we have any evidence for that to be true?

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Re: Islam

Post #12

Post by boatsnguitars »

1213 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:02 am
boatsnguitars wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:01 am This is going to come as a shock to you, but they believe they are following all Allah's messengers, including Jesus. Religious people! rolleyes.... am I right?
Ok, so you say they believe what Jesus said? Do we have any evidence for that to be true?
Ask them. But also recognize that religious people aren't rational. They will say things that you won't agree with; things you think are really irrational. They will say things that seem contradictory. They will make claims that are laughable, but they will be willing to die for those things.

Religious people! smh... amirite?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm