Tribulation Trivia

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Tribulation Trivia

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

Matt 24:21 . . For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now-- and never to be equaled again.

Some of the individual events in the book of Revelation may not seem all that significant by themselves, but when the entire scenario is compiled, the era depicted becomes spectacular.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Tribulation Trivia

Post #21

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 16:3 . .The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead man, and every living thing in the sea died.

Fresh blood is tolerable as far as odor goes, whereas the blood of a dead man is in a state of putrefaction; and then adding to that the carcasses and the stench of dead fish, and everything else, will make for quite a chowder to behold.

The Mediterranean is notable in the Bible; but whether that's the sea spoken of here is uncertain. However, in Gen 1:10 "sea" pertains to the entirety of Earth's oceans.

A rather curious sea is located at 1Kings 7:23-26 which suggests that any accumulation of water, whether in an ocean or on land, can be called a sea, e.g. ponds and lakes.

Rev 16:4 . .The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood.

The two passages tell of water pollution on a scale quite a bit more severe than that of Egypt because this is global rather than limited to one specific country. Even so; Egypt's was pretty bad because there was no clean water anywhere for either cooking, drinking, laundry, hygiene, or sanitation. (Ex 7:19-20)
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #22

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 16:13-15 . . Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

. . . Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed.

There is much disagreement in our day as to signs indicating the extraction described by 1Thess 4:16-17, but the events depicted in Revelation are neither vague, typical, nor debatable. When all that stuff begins coming to pass, smart ones will be on the lookout for a really big surprise.

Matt 24:27 . . For just as the lightning comes from the east, and flashes even to the west, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be.

WHAM; on scene, locked and loaded.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #23

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 16:21 . . And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Talents were gross units of gold weighing from 75-100 pounds.

Dropping a hail of boulders that size from the sky all over the globe will be like a deadly implosion smashing, bashing, and crushing most everything it touches: homes, barns, super markets, strip malls, sports arenas, theaters, forests, pastures, crops, vehicles, etc.

The natural world will surely experience significant damage among the critters who live above ground, e.g. hogs, deer, elk, ducks, geese, turkeys, cows, mustangs, monkeys, gorillas, lions, tigers, hyenas, elephants, giraffes, etc.

Just imagine being caught out in the open when that hail starts. Finding adequate shelter from such a bombardment of ice will be very difficult and no doubt frightened people will be shrieking and screaming in mortal panic.

Curiously, numbers of people will know the hail is from God but it won't persuade them to consider making peace with Him, instead; the hail will just make them angry.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #24

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 16:21 . . And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Talents were gross units of gold weighing from 75-100 pounds.

Dropping a hail of boulders that size from the sky all over the globe will be like a deadly implosion smashing, bashing, and crushing most everything it touches: homes, barns, super markets, strip malls, sports arenas, theaters, forests, pastures, crops, vehicles, etc.

The natural world will surely experience significant damage among the critters who live above ground, e.g. hogs, deer, elk, ducks, geese, turkeys, cows, mustangs, monkeys, gorillas, lions, tigers, hyenas, elephants, giraffes, etc.

Just imagine being caught out in the open when that hail starts. Finding adequate shelter from such a bombardment of ice will be very difficult and no doubt frightened people will be shrieking and screaming in mortal panic.

Curiously, numbers of people will know the hail is from God but it won't persuade them to consider making peace with Him, instead; the hail will just make them angry.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #25

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 19:19-21 . .Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image.

. . .The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

The potent weapon proceeding from that person's mouth is speech; which causes me to wonder why more people weren't afraid of Jesus back in his day because if by speech he could cure leprosy then by speech he could've caused someone to come down with leprosy; and if by speech he could energize a crippled man's legs, then by speech he could've put somebody in a wheel chair; and if by speech he could restore someone's corpse to life, then by speech he could've made people drop dead to the floor; and if by speech he could cure blindness, then by speech he could've put people's eyes out; and if by speech he could multiply loaves and fishes, then by speech he could've caused famine; and if by speech he could calm a storm, then by speech he could've caused a hurricane, a typhoon, and/or a tornado.

David's combat with Goliath was an encounter that was possible for David to win; but I see no chance of anybody's success in a fight with Christ when he has at his disposal all the miraculous abilities of the supreme being who, according to the book of Genesis, created a fully functioning cosmos-- all its forms of life, matter, and energy --by nothing more than His voice.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #26

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 20:1-2 . . And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.

Rev 20:7-9 . . And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The Old Testament describes the quality of the millennium as an era of unparalleled justice, equity, peace, and prosperity. I really have to wonder exactly what it is about Messiah's administration that will dissatisfy the Gogs and Magogs enough to try and overthrow him. And how will the Devil manage to persuade them it's even possible?

Back in my days as a kid, there was a saying going around that went like this: "That man is so convincing he could sell refrigerators to the Eskimos". Well; I would be very interested to know how the Devil is going to pull off something very similar to that in his campaign to convince folks they'd be better off with their own selves at the helm instead of Christ.

But you know, what it really all boils down to is control. There are folks who just simply don't care to be governed by the likes of God; as it says in the 2nd Psalm:

"Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth take their stand, and the rulers gather together against The Lord and against his Anointed one. Let us break their chains-- they say --and throw off their fetters."
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #27

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 20:11 . .Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it.

Him seated on the throne is of course Christ because God delegated His son to handle Heaven's legal affairs.

John 5:22-23 . . The Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

Acts 17:31 . . God has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.

Christ's crucifixion factors into justice for believers so that they need not fear "the man" especially since it was himself who endured the cross for their benefit.

Rom 8:34-35 . . Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus who died? More than that: who was raised to life, is at the right hand of God, and is also interceding for us.

So then; were believers to stand before the great white throne, Jesus would be conflicted because his obligation to them in a court of law is defense rather than prosecution. Well; if he steps down to defend, then who's to preside on the bench? No; I think we may safely assume that if believers come to that event at all, they will come as spectators rather than defendants.

John 5:24 . . I assure you: those who listen to my message, and believe in God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #28

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 20:13 . .The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.

Death and Hades are paired together in Rev 6:8 where death consists of folks losing their lives by reason of war, starvation, fatal encounters with wild things, plus other causes, e.g. accidents and common ailments, e.g. cancer, stroke, heart attack, pneumonia, kidney failure, and diabetes, etc.

Hades is translated from a Hellenistic word for the afterlife where everybody goes when they pass away regardless of age, race, gender and/or religious preference: even Jesus spent some time there. (Ps 16:8-10, Acts 7:25-31)

In other words: folks in Hades are there in a non physical form for now but later will be reunited with their bodies to face justice at the great white throne event. This of course would include the folks whose bodies were claimed by water, viz: the sea.

How many folks are we talking about? I don't really know because the numbers will include everyone all the way back to Cain; and that was a pretty long time ago. But just for fun; we'll say ten million.

Well, if each individual's judgment takes only thirty minutes each; we're looking at 570+/- years of time in court to complete; and that's for only ten million defendants. I'm guessing there will be considerably more people than that seeing as Christ said many are called but few are chosen. In other words: the majority.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #29

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 20:14 . . Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire.

* When this comes to pass, Hades will be vacant seeing as how its contents were all subpoenaed to face justice at the great white throne.

FAQ: How does one put Death to death?

REPLY: This may be accomplished ceremoniously seeing as Death is on track to be abolished. (1Cor 15:26 and 2Tim 1:10)

FAQ: According to Jonah 2:2, Jonah 2:6, and Luke 16:19-31, Hades is a spirit world located somewhere deep underground. How will it be taken out of the Earth and moved to the lake?

REPLY: Hades may be included in the ceremony suggested above; indicating that never again will anyone be incarcerated in a place like that even though a section of Hades is paradise-- but it's not an ideal paradise; there's a better one.

Rev 20:14-15 . .This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

There's no coming back from the lake. If it's meant to abolish Death and Hades, then I think it's safe to assume it's meant to abolish everything and anybody else sent there. And besides; according to Dan 12:2 and John 5:28-29, there is only one resurrection allotted per person which the dead will use up in order to face justice at the great white throne event. In other words: the second death is not only second, but also conclusive, viz: the dead's names aren't in the book of life because as far as God is concerned, they don't exist. I cannot imagine a worse situation in darkness than this.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #30

Post by WebersHome »

After all is said and done-- the bowls, the seals, the trumpets, the great white throne scene, and the new cosmos is ushered in after obliterating the old, etc. --a couple of interesting announcements will be made.

1) "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Rev 21:4)

That is very good news because it would be difficult, if not impossible, for folks in Heaven to be happy while knowing some of their loved ones, their associates, and their BFF didn't make the cut and instead ended up on the wrong side of things.

* I doubt the great white throne event will be a peaceful scene. I'd imagine that people will be literally pale with terror, lips trembling, mouths too dry to speak; screaming, shrieking, sobbing, bellowing and yelping like wounded dogs-- eyes darting about looking for something, anything, to clutch and cling to as the awful reality of their fate sinks in; and a powerful force they cannot resist drags them off to a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron. I know of no one who would be happy with memories like that haunting them.

2) "Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy." (Rev 22:11)

The people to whom those words pertain, will be stuck with who and what they are with no chance of ever being any different.

That's good news for the righteous and/or holy because they'll never have worry about doing something really stupid that results in their eviction from paradise; whereas it's really bad news for folks who end up on the wrong side of things because they will forever be unfit to be anywhere else except the lake of fire.
_