Why can't everyone understand the Bible?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2timothy316
Under Probation

Why can't everyone understand the Bible?

Post #1

Post by 2timothy316 »

Those that read the Bible, rarely do they agree on what the Bible's message actually is. Why is that? Why didn't God make the Bible easy to understand for everyone? The Bible holds the key to the answer to this question right?

tam
Savant

Re: Why can't everyone understand the Bible?

Post #31

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
2timothy316 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:38 am
1213 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:59 am
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:04 am ...Take your pick from: the trinity, ...
The word Trinity is not in the Bible, so it is not a Biblical problem.
Yet people continue to pick out pet scriptures to convince themselves and others that there is a triune god. Why didn't God see this issue coming and write something plainly so that there would be no confusion?
Good question. I asked a similar question many many years ago when I was trying to find out the truth about the doctrine of the trinity. Was it true? False? I was frustrated. It didn't matter to me which was true - I had no preconceived belief to protect, no religion to agree or disagree with. But I could not find a DIRECT statement for or against.

But God (and Christ) DID see this issue coming. Of course they did. This issue and many other issues as well.

God DID speak plainly on it (which witnesses later wrote down):

"This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Listen to Him."

Listen to HIS SON.

HIS SON - Jaheshua, the Chosen One of JAH - is the Truth! He is the One who speaks the truth, the only One to whom the Father told us to listen, and the only one who can lead us into ALL truth.

It doesn't matter what men and religion teach. Men and religion taught and continue to teach ALL MANNER of things that His Son does not teach. I need ONLY remain in Christ and in HIS word. THAT is what my Father in heaven has told me to do; His Son is the One to whom He LED me when I asked to be led wherever He wanted me to be, when I asked to know the truth.

So the statement - This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Listen to Him - does cover everything that men and religion come up with.

It is Christ and HIS word that matters; we are to remain in Him and in HIS word.

He said He is the Son of God. Plain. Simple. I take Him at His word.

Men add to His word. But what is that to me? I am to remain in HIS word.

And that applies to EVERY teaching out there from men and from religion.

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear so as to hear the truth of this and all things from the One who is the Truth: Christ Jaheshua. And many anyone who wishes and anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

(which water is holy spirit, poured out from Christ to whomever He chooses, and given to Him without end from His Father)

Peace again to you and to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ Jaheshua,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #32

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to tam in post #31]

So you are saying that there is no "trinity" but there is only Jesus Christ and his Father, Jehovah. True. That is clear to anyone who really studies the Bible. No third person, and on top of that, Jesus was given everything by his Father, including the things he should say.

He said: "I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak....The things I speak, just as the Father has told me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

It is clear that the Father is the one in charge, and He tells His Son what to say and do. He, the Father alone, is God. (John 17:3) Really, anyone can see this by even a cursory reading of, for example, the Gospel of John.

tam
Savant

Post #33

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:00 pm [Replying to tam in post #31]

So you are saying that there is no "trinity" but there is only Jesus Christ and his Father, Jehovah.
I am saying (or rather repeating what God has said) that we are to listen to Christ and remain in His word. On this matter and on every matter. Hold all things up against Christ (the Light).

You (and your religion) get it right on the matter of the trinity. But all religions teach some truth, do they not? Does that mean they are all from God, from His Son?

True. That is clear to anyone who really studies the Bible.

But even Christ said to the people two thousand years ago:

"You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life."

These people studied the scriptures. Yet they did not recognize Christ when He was standing right in front of them and they did not believe the things that He said. People can (and do) search the scriptures all day long and come up with various and even conflicting interpretations. Because it is not the bible that leads a person into all truth. It is Christ who leads us into all truth... and as for the scriptures, Christ is Himself the "key" to 'opening' them.

No third person, and on top of that, Jesus was given everything by his Father, including the things he should say.

He said: "I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak....The things I speak, just as the Father has told me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)
So it should matters what HE teaches, right?

Does He teach that He is [YHWH]?

Does He teach that God is three persons in one?

Does He teach that He is the arkangel Michael?

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #34

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

bjs1 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:10 am
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:51 pm Those that read the Bible, rarely do they agree on what the Bible's message actually is. Why is that? Why didn't God make the Bible easy to understand for everyone? The Bible holds the key to the answer to this question right?
I disagree with this premise. I have found that most people agree on what it is that the Bible says the majority of the time. There are a variety of tertiary issue – such as the role of women specifically in church leadership – that are murky in the scriptures. People often exaggerate the importance of some texts while suppressing the importance of others in order to come to a disagreement. However, in most areas most people agree on what the Bible teaches.
One problem is that the NT is composed of both the "seed of the tare" (a plant which looks like the wheat), planted by the "enemy"/devil, right alongside of the "good seed", the wheat seed (Mt 13:25), both in the same "field"/book. Apparently, the sons of the "devil"/"enemy", supported by the beast, the Roman empire, as in their Roman church, supports the whole of the NT, and the teachings of the "worthless shepherd" (Zech 11:17) Peter, and the "false prophet Paul, whose message is the message of the false gospel of lawlessness/grace/cross, which promotes the "tares" to "commit lawlessness" (Mt 13:39-42), which ends with the tares being "gathered" "first" and thrown into the furnace of fire (Mt 13:30 & 41-42), at the "end of the age". This is the unfolding of the "kingdom of heaven" per Matthew 13:13-15, which was given in parables so that those without ears to hear could not understand.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #35

Post by 2timothy316 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:53 pm
bjs1 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:10 am
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:51 pm Those that read the Bible, rarely do they agree on what the Bible's message actually is. Why is that? Why didn't God make the Bible easy to understand for everyone? The Bible holds the key to the answer to this question right?
I disagree with this premise. I have found that most people agree on what it is that the Bible says the majority of the time. There are a variety of tertiary issue – such as the role of women specifically in church leadership – that are murky in the scriptures. People often exaggerate the importance of some texts while suppressing the importance of others in order to come to a disagreement. However, in most areas most people agree on what the Bible teaches.
One problem is that the NT is composed of both the "seed of the tare" (a plant which looks like the wheat), planted by the "enemy"/devil, right alongside of the "good seed", the wheat seed (Mt 13:25), both in the same "field"/book. Apparently, the sons of the "devil"/"enemy", supported by the beast, the Roman empire, as in their Roman church, supports the whole of the NT, and the teachings of the "worthless shepherd" (Zech 11:17) Peter, and the "false prophet Paul, whose message is the message of the false gospel of lawlessness/grace/cross, which promotes the "tares" to "commit lawlessness" (Mt 13:39-42), which ends with the tares being "gathered" "first" and thrown into the furnace of fire (Mt 13:30 & 41-42), at the "end of the age". This is the unfolding of the "kingdom of heaven" per Matthew 13:13-15, which was given in parables so that those without ears to hear could not understand.
So you're saying the reason everyone doesn't understand the Bible the same way is because parts of Bible isn't really from God? That God as allowed his book to become tainted with lies?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #36

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:43 pm Peace to you,

So you are saying that there is no "trinity" but there is only Jesus Christ and his Father, Jehovah.
I am saying (or rather repeating what God has said) that we are to listen to Christ and remain in His word. On this matter and on every matter. Hold all things up against Christ (the Light).

You (and your religion) get it right on the matter of the trinity. But all religions teach some truth, do they not? Does that mean they are all from God, from His Son?

"You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life."

These people studied the scriptures. Yet they did not recognize Christ when He was standing right in front of them and they did not believe the things that He said. People can (and do) search the scriptures all day long and come up with various and even conflicting interpretations. Because it is not the bible that leads a person into all truth. It is Christ who leads us into all truth... and as for the scriptures, Christ is Himself the "key" to 'opening' them.

No third person, and on top of that, Jesus was given everything by his Father, including the things he should say.

Peace again to you,
tammy
No, he doesn't teach that he is YHWH. Clearly they are two separate individuals. Michael is another matter. When the Bible mentions Michael it can be reasoned that Jesus was named that before he came to Earth. He was named something....he was not always "Yehoshua" or "Jesus."

And he certainly doesn't teach that God is three persons in one. The Bible is clear on that, yet people don't delve into the matter in detail to find the truth. It takes really studying the Scriptures. The Beroeans "received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so." (Acts 17:10) They studied the Scriptures. How do you receive what Jesus wants us to know?

tam
Savant

Post #37

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:28 pm
tam wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:43 pm Peace to you,

Peace again to you,
tammy
No, he doesn't teach that he is YHWH. Clearly they are two separate individuals. Michael is another matter. When the Bible mentions Michael it can be reasoned that Jesus was named that before he came to Earth.

It is the same thing; there is no difference. A person who believes in the trinity will also say that it can be 'reasoned' toward.

But in both cases (and many other matters that men 'reason' toward), it is not what Christ taught.

Peace again to you.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #38

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to tam in post #37]

The trinity cannot be reasoned with. There is no reasonable explanation, and that's why the Church calls it a "mystery."

Now please explain just how you receive instructions from Christ.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #39

Post by myth-one.com »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:51 pmWhy can't everyone understand the Bible?

Because the words of the scriptures are sealed from mankind's understanding:

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. (Isaiah 29:11-12)

The words of the scriptures will be unsealed in the time of the end:

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)

And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness. (Isaiah 29:18)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #40

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:51 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:51 pmWhy can't everyone understand the Bible?

Because the words of the scriptures are sealed from mankind's understanding:

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. (Isaiah 29:11-12)

The words of the scriptures will be unsealed in the time of the end:

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)

And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness. (Isaiah 29:18)

You got it. In these last days the truth is becoming clearer and we can understand God's Word with the help of Jehovah's Holy Spirit. Jehovah's Witnesses are proclaiming these truths.