Donald Trump is Officially a Sexual Abuser

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Diogenes
Guru

Donald Trump is Officially a Sexual Abuser

Post #1

Post by Diogenes »

Finally, Trump is officially a sexual abuser must pay nearly $5 Million for his sexual attack and then lying about it and defaming E. Jean Carroll.
The jury was unanimous in its verdict.

NEW YORK, May 9 (Reuters) - Donald Trump sexually abused magazine writer E. Jean Carroll in the 1990s and then defamed her by branding her a liar, jurors decided on Tuesday, dealing the former U.S. president a legal setback as he campaigns to retake office in 2024.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/jurors-se ... 023-05-09/

But of course this will not deter millions of Republican 'Christian' evangelicals from supporting and voting for him... and sending him money. :(

Diogenes
Guru

Re: Donald Trump is Officially a Sexual Abuser

Post #21

Post by Diogenes »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #20]
Don't you think it is a false comparison?
It's only the extreme partisanship from the wrong 'Right' that fosters any comparison.
There is zero published, competent evidence re: crimes by Joe Biden.

Donnie Drumpf, OTOH has admitted he is a serial sexual abuser and has been found guilty of rape civilly. He's been indicted on numerous serious felonies with more pending.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #22

Post by Clownboat »

Diogenes wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:39 pm [Replying to Clownboat in post #20]
Nope, and here was why:
"One side seems to constantly think that Trump is going down while simultaneously the other side constantly thinks that Biden is done for. It's amusing to watch and I'm constantly wondering if either side will ever be right in their prediction."

Therefore: "It's kind of like predicting the coming of Christ don't you think?"
He's been indicted on numerous serious felonies with more pending.
Is this to predict that his days are numbered? I have heard this before about both Trump and Biden and I'm starting to find it amusing. Kinda like predicting Christ's return.
Who knows though right? Maybe Jesus will come back and maybe Trump and Biden's days are numbered. I make no claims about either, just note what I observe about all 3.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Diogenes
Guru

Post #23

Post by Diogenes »

Clownboat wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:42 pm
Diogenes wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:39 pm [Replying to Clownboat in post #20]
Nope, and here was why:
"One side seems to constantly think that Trump is going down while simultaneously the other side constantly thinks that Biden is done for. It's amusing to watch and I'm constantly wondering if either side will ever be right in their prediction."

Therefore: "It's kind of like predicting the coming of Christ don't you think?"
He's been indicted on numerous serious felonies with more pending.
Is this to predict that his days are numbered? I have heard this before about both Trump and Biden and I'm starting to find it amusing. Kinda like predicting Christ's return.
Who knows though right? Maybe Jesus will come back and maybe Trump and Biden's days are numbered. I make no claims about either, just note what I observe about all 3.

I'm not in to 'predicting.' That 'Christ' is 'coming back' is simply absurd. Even the NT says he is not; that if he were it would have been about 2000 years ago (within a generation). A competent reading of the NT yields full preterism, that He would have returned while some 'standing here' were still alive/ within a generation [40 years].

Re: the political comparison I am also not predicting; I'm just saying the facts warrant Trump being charged with many felonies and he has already been determined to be a rapist and a liar (defamation conviction). The evidence also shows Drumpf can be charged with additional felonies, including fomenting an insurrection.

NONE of this applies to Biden - the facts to determine his alleged crimes simply have not been developed yet... or do not exist. This is a comparison of angry yelling by unhinged partisans, vs clear facts. It's like claims of a flat Earth vs. a spherical one. There is no comparison.

I make no prediction because we live in an odd society in the U.S. where 40% of the electorate relies on bombast and unfounded opinion instead of facts. It's no coincidence that Christian fundamentalists also support Donnie Drumpf, because both fundamentalism and Trumpism rely on lies and a sloppy, crumbling belief system instead of facts. But I do not predict because BELIEFS rather than facts cause action.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE:
"GOP Senator Admits Biden Bribery Tapes Might Not Exist After All"

After months of vainly accusing the Bidens of bribery and worse, GOP admits they may have no evidence. Jim Jordan types have been zealously eager to show the Bidens (or anyone) is as corrupt as their favorite Criminal Defendant and ex-President. Turns out they've got zilch, nada, nothing.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #24

Post by Clownboat »

Diogenes wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:16 pm I'm not in to 'predicting.' That 'Christ' is 'coming back' is simply absurd. Even the NT says he is not; that if he were it would have been about 2000 years ago (within a generation). A competent reading of the NT yields full preterism, that He would have returned while some 'standing here' were still alive/ within a generation [40 years].
I'm not claiming you are. I'm claiming that when I see people (generic) claim that Trump is done for and when I see people claim that Biden is done for, that it reminds me of predicting that Jesus will be returning soon. Every single time that I have heard such a prediction, they have so far not come to pass in all 3 instances.
Re: the political comparison I am also not predicting; I'm just saying the facts warrant Trump being charged with many felonies and he has already been determined to be a rapist and a liar (defamation conviction). The evidence also shows Drumpf can be charged with additional felonies, including fomenting an insurrection.
Let's not pretend that being a felon stops a politician from being a politician:
List of 2020s American state and local politicians convicted of crimes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2 ... _of_crimes

Again, I don't claim that you are making a prediction, but others do about the very same thing you have brought up (and many more over the years). It's the same on the other side of the fence I notice. Biden is done for, for whatever claim is being leveled against him or his son in some cases.
NONE of this applies to Biden - the facts to determine his alleged crimes simply have not been developed yet... or do not exist.
It doesn't stop the claims of Biden is done for. Surely you have heard these claims (even if they aren't credible) over the years? It is these claims, from both sides that I'm speaking to, not as to if they are valid or not. There is no need to defend Biden here IMO.
This is a comparison of angry yelling by unhinged partisans, vs clear facts.
That would be a difference. However, I'm discussing the similarities about how both sides have stated that the opposition is finished for whatever reason.
I make no prediction because we live in an odd society in the U.S. where 40% of the electorate relies on bombast and unfounded opinion instead of facts. It's no coincidence that Christian fundamentalists also support Donnie Drumpf, because both fundamentalism and Trumpism rely on lies and a sloppy, crumbling belief system instead of facts. But I do not predict because BELIEFS rather than facts cause action.
This seems emotional and I would rather not get involved with claims about lies, being sloppy, a crumbling belief system instead of facts. I'm just noting how often I hear that one side or the other is finished and how that reminds me of people claiming that Jesus is returning.
UPDATE:
"GOP Senator Admits Biden Bribery Tapes Might Not Exist After All"

After months of vainly accusing the Bidens of bribery and worse, GOP admits they may have no evidence. Jim Jordan types have been zealously eager to show the Biden's (or anyone) is as corrupt as their favorite Criminal Defendant and ex-President. Turns out they've got zilch, nada, nothing.
Again, there is no need for you to defend Biden due to anything I have said. I don't claim that he is finished, I claim that I often hear both sides making that claim about the other. There is nothing for us to war over.

Have you ever noticed how some humans defend their favored president like some defend their favored god concept? I'm guessing the same parts of the brain are being used in both cases.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Diogenes
Guru

Post #25

Post by Diogenes »

Clownboat wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:16 pm Let's not pretend that being a felon stops a politician from being a politician:
List of 2020s American state and local politicians convicted of crimes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2 ... _of_crimes

Not being a felon, but being convicted of a serious felony or felonies appears to put a damper on their criminal careers.
How many of those on the list have come back to rise once again to the top of the political ladder? Here's a longer list of politicians convicted of felonies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... _of_crimes

I took a quick look thru that list and tho' some, like John Dean, have become public figures again, I didn't notice any who came back to prominent careers as elected political leaders. There still remains (thank Dog) a distinction between unhinged raving accusations and actual convictions.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #26

Post by Clownboat »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:08 pm Not being a felon, but being convicted of a serious felony or felonies appears to put a damper on their criminal careers.
How many of those on the list have come back to rise once again to the top of the political ladder?
That is unknown to me.

Have you ever noticed how some humans defend their favored president like some defend their favored god concept? I'm guessing the same parts of the brain are being used in both cases. Makes me wonder if some humans are just replacing their gods with a political stance or party. Basically exchanging one group to belong to with another and thereby possibly filling a fairly common human desire to belong.

If this were happening, I would expect to see religious beliefs decreasing in a nation while political stances increase (stances that were not common or didn't exist some time ago would be increasing).

Diogenes
Guru

Post #27

Post by Diogenes »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:20 pm
Diogenes wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:08 pm Not being a felon, but being convicted of a serious felony or felonies appears to put a damper on their criminal careers.
How many of those on the list have come back to rise once again to the top of the political ladder?
That is unknown to me.

Have you ever noticed how some humans defend their favored president like some defend their favored god concept? I'm guessing the same parts of the brain are being used in both cases. Makes me wonder if some humans are just replacing their gods with a political stance or party. Basically exchanging one group to belong to with another and thereby possibly filling a fairly common human desire to belong.

If this were happening, I would expect to see religious beliefs decreasing in a nation while political stances increase (stances that were not common or didn't exist some time ago would be increasing).
Interesting... and BTW, a quick, unscientific search revealed no major political figure has come back to hold significant public office after a serious felony conviction. Maybe someone can find an exception.

I agree with your observation about what I would call "idol worship." Drumpf is the easiest example. They even made a golden calf image of him. The more 'his people' see him crucified the more they treat him like a religious idol. Too many Christians have this same attitude toward the Bible, not just treating it as if it really were "The Word of God," but acting like they believe it. I remember my father telling me only the Bible could be placed on top of the American flag.

I'd add this kind of flag waving, super patriotism as another example of this phenomenon. Some have this same kind of adoration for their movie and music stars. I really liked Obama and think Biden is a decent guy, but don't elevate either to this pathetic worship status Drumpf has obtained where he literally can do no wrong despite being a creep and a liar, an adjudicated sexual pervert and defamer. It's weird. These are feelings you cannot reason with. 70 million or so Americans seem to revere him and grant him demigod status, despite the many who've worked with him telling them, like his former AG did, that he is a petty, petulant little child who puts massaging his own ego ahead of the interests of the country.
So, yes, I agree with your observation. It reminds me of the passage in 1st Samuel where the people demanded a King. Sheep need their master.

fredonly
Guru

Post #28

Post by fredonly »

Diogenes wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:21 pm
Finally, Trump is officially a sexual abuser

...and today, he has been found guilty of fraud:

Judge Rules Donald Trump Defrauded Banks, Insurers While Building Real Estate Empire

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by Daedalus X »

fredonly wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:23 pm ...and today, he has been found guilty of fraud:

Judge Rules Donald Trump Defrauded Banks, Insurers While Building Real Estate Empire
You don't need to twist my arm, as I changed my mind about voting for Trump about 3 or 4 indictments ago. The only people that don't know what this is all about is the glossy-eyed true believers and useful idiots. Just ask why would a judge be in the real estate appraisal business, when the banks have their own appraisers who verify all the facts on the loan contract? This judge is protecting the banks who don't need protection and did not ask for it. When the judicial branch sticks it's thumb on the scale, you know that you are living in a tyranny.

Jean Carroll was a fraud as well. If she were raped by the host of the apprentice, would she be a massive fan?

Diogenes
Guru

Post #30

Post by Diogenes »

Judge Engoron:
“In defendants’ world: rent-regulated apartments are worth the same as unregulated apartments; restricted land is worth the same as unrestricted land; restrictions can evaporate into thin air; a disclaimer by one party casting responsibility on another party exonerates the other party’s lies,” Engoron wrote.

“This is a fantasy world, not a real world.”

Some people appear not to understand how lies and fraud hurts the average person, depositors, as well as the bank.

Bank fraud is a major issue that can cause serious financial losses for individuals, businesses, and financial institutions. It is a serious crime that undermines our financial way of life in America, breeds distrust, and hurts everyone. Trump has been found to be a serial liar and fraudster. The judge followed the law, not some personal political notion. Legal experts applaud his decision and a jury will decide the damage to those banks and depositors, in other words to all of us.
Failure to understand this is a failure to understand both the law and the financial world.

Of course, Trump loyalists will always blame the victim, not the criminal.