Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Ought I buy a new Guitar?

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

I want a new guitar. I may need one. I really like guitars. I have money to buy a guitar. I don't have unlimited money.
Guitars aren't, a priori, evil - or good. They are objects, but they are also instruments. They have a purpose, but they are also beautiful art pieces.

Philosophically: Ought I buy a new guitar, and which one?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Adonai Yahweh
Student

Re: Ought I buy a new Guitar?

Post #2

Post by Adonai Yahweh »

boatsnguitars wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:06 pm I want a new guitar. I may need one. I really like guitars. I have money to buy a guitar. I don't have unlimited money.
Guitars aren't, a priori, evil - or good. They are objects, but they are also instruments. They have a purpose, but they are also beautiful art pieces.
Philosophically: Ought I buy a new guitar, and which one?
Buy the guitar that is suited to bring out your artistic talent and that is something that will last for a long time

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by boatsnguitars »

Adonai Yahweh wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:06 pm Buy the guitar that is suited to bring out your artistic talent and that is something that will last for a long time
I've told the wife, Philosophically it has been confirmed that I need to buy another guitar. ;-)
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

elphidium55
Student

Post #4

Post by elphidium55 »

The answer is simple, of course - Yes!

But which one? I suggest you ask yourself the age-old question, "What would Socrates play?" (I believe you will find he favored humbuckers over single-coils.)

Actually, there are a lot of very nice high end guitars being made today. D'angelico and Godin are two of my favorites. The quality of lower priced imports from Korea and Indonesia are very good and give great value for your money. With a little research you really can't go wrong. Good luck.