WHEN DO YOU EXPECT GOD TO SHUT THE DOOR TO SALVATION?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

WHEN DO YOU EXPECT GOD TO SHUT THE DOOR TO SALVATION?

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

The fact that one day the door to salvation would shut is preached by virtually every denomination and Bible-based religion. But where they all differ, is in the timing of when that would take place.

Isaiah 55:6 (KJV 1900)
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found,
Call ye upon him while he is near:

Luke 13:24–25 (KJV 1900)
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

The truth is that the door to salvation has already been shut. I'm just curious as to the doctrines others hold regarding this matter and how they line up with the scriptures. God, who declares the end from the beginning, has established a time when he would shut the door that was once open and has done so. Therefore, the shut door takes place in the end stage of this world (which we are now in), but while this world continues, until the last day of earth's existence.

What scriptures do you hold to that support your doctrinal position on this matter?

Here is just one passage, of many, that teach that there would come a time when both the saved and the unsaved would remain on earth together and in their fixed spiritual condition until the very end. So, those who believe that salvation continues until the very last day have to contend with this verse to start.

Revelation 22:10–12 (KJV 1900)
And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.