Speculation Topic for JWs: God's Way of Communicating

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Skeptical
Apprentice

Speculation Topic for JWs: God's Way of Communicating

Post #1

Post by Skeptical »

I know that JWs have a tendency to speculate about their beliefs and prophecies, etc. For example, I noticed that JWs like to speculate about the resurrection as far as how many people at a time will be resurrected, if aborted fetuses will be resurrected, or who will or how will those resurrected babies be taken care of, etc. Therefore, I would like to ask JWs in particular and other Christians about a question concerning God's way of communicating to humans in the new system.

So, I my main question is: Will God continue to communicate with humans by means of written information based upon JWs' belief concerning Revelation 20:12?

And additional related questions are:

Why or why do you not speculate that God will continue to communicate to humans in this way?

Do you think it was God's original purpose to communicate with humans in the way that he spoke to Adam and Eve in the "breezy part of the day"? (Genesis 3:8)

Do you think that it was God's original purpose to communicate with larger groups of humans à la Exodus 19 and 20?

Skeptical
Apprentice

Re: Speculation Topic for JWs: God's Way of Communicating

Post #2

Post by Skeptical »

I had forgot to mention this before, but I just edited my OP to include "other Christians." And I am really interested in any answers or speculation that people have because I find it strange that back in the olden days, God used to talk to people. However, now he doesn't and you can only read (and interpret) what he is supposed to be saying to humans. But that's just strange to me. 🤔

Skeptical
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by Skeptical »

Oh, well. lol 😄

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Skeptical wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:18 pm..Will God continue to communicate with humans by means of written information based upon JWs' belief concerning Revelation 20:12?
That nobody knows for sure. It seems as if Adam and Eve communicated directly with God (or arguably with His Son) and were able to hear his voice and converse with him; so it is conceivable, once humans reach perfection, such a thing will again be possible .
Skeptical wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:18 pm
Do you think that it was God's original purpose to communicate with larger groups of humans à la Exodus 19 and 20?
It is possible; God has spoken from heaven on a number of occasions so there's no reason to believe he will not speak in this manner again.

Bottom line with such questions is : we will just have to wait and see.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Does the Bible contain all the words that God will ever give to man?
viewtopic.php?p=1122931#p1122931
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Skeptical
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Skeptical »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:54 am
Skeptical wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:18 pm..Will God continue to communicate with humans by means of written information based upon JWs' belief concerning Revelation 20:12?
That nobody knows for sure. It seems as if Adam and Eve communicated directly with God (or arguably with His Son) and were able to hear his voice and converse with him; so it is conceivable, once humans reach perfection, such a thing will again be possible .
So, why would humans need to reach perfection to be able to talk directly to God again? Especially, when there are incidents in the Old Testament where God spoke directly with imperfect humans.
Skeptical wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:18 pm
It is possible; God has spoken from heaven on a number of occasions so there's no reason to believe he will not speak in this manner again.

Bottom line with such questions is : we will just have to wait and see.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Does the Bible contain all the words that God will ever give to man?
viewtopic.php?p=1122931#p1122931
But it seems as if farther back in time when humans were more prone to believing in extraordinary and supernatural things, these types of things were more written about and believed. However, it seems as if as time moves on, the less these things occur, and more emphasis is put in faith and believing in things that you cannot see. 🤔

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

Skeptical wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:59 pm
So, why would humans need to reach perfection to be able to talk directly to God again?

I didnt say "talk" (we can talk to God in prayer at any time) ; Perfection was mentioned in relation to conversing in a way Adam and Eve seemed to be able to do before their sin. After God prononced judgment on them there us no record of them being able to freely exchange with God again.

While God did subsequently communicate with his inspired prophets and there are three occassions recorded in scripture when he audibly spoke from heaven, mankind in general has been cut off from direct conversation with God it seems because of their sinful condition.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Skeptical
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by Skeptical »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:13 am
Skeptical wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:59 pm
So, why would humans need to reach perfection to be able to talk directly to God again?

I didnt say "talk" (we can talk to God in prayer at any time) ; Perfection was mentioned in relation to conversing in a way Adam and Eve seemed to be able to do before their sin. After God prononced judgment on them there us no record of them being able to freely exchange with God again.

While God did subsequently communicate with his inspired prophets and there are three occassions recorded in scripture when he audibly spoke from heaven, mankind in general has been cut off from direct conversation with God it seems because of their sinful condition.
I'm through with yours and the other JWs at this forum's Theocratic War Strategy. 😂

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #8

Skeptical wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:51 pm
I'm through with yours and the other JWs at this forum's Theocratic War Strategy.

I respect whatever decision you feel you need to make. It's been fun talking to you. Have a most wonderful and extremely excellent evening.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESS