God's Need for Loyalty?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Skeptical
Apprentice

God's Need for Loyalty?

Post #1

Post by Skeptical »

I know that it has been argued and debated that God had to test Adam and Eve in order to see if they were loyal to him or not, but could the human race have gotten along alright if God didn't have the need to know what their loyalty was? Because it still hasn't been adequately explained as to why God needed to be sure of the first human pair's loyalty. However, it has only been dogmatically said that this is what God wanted. Therefore, could humankind had still been successful without a test of loyalty to God, or is this something that God needed to make himself feel more secure? 🤔 Inquiring minds want to know. 😉

Wootah
Savant

Re: God's Need for Loyalty?

Post #71

Post by Wootah »

Skeptical wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:46 pm But if you look, I said that "your answers (or his arguments) are becoming very childish and disingenuous," but not the person himself.
Just so you know you are not meant to reply to reports publically. Personally, I think the forum is for civil debating and we should all honour that in our posts and not use words like childish or disingenuous in our language.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: God's Need for Loyalty?

Post #72

Post by onewithhim »

Skeptical wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:16 am I know that it has been argued and debated that God had to test Adam and Eve in order to see if they were loyal to him or not, but could the human race have gotten along alright if God didn't have the need to know what their loyalty was? Because it still hasn't been adequately explained as to why God needed to be sure of the first human pair's loyalty. However, it has only been dogmatically said that this is what God wanted. Therefore, could humankind had still been successful without a test of loyalty to God, or is this something that God needed to make himself feel more secure? 🤔 Inquiring minds want to know. 😉
Jehovah doesn't need anything. He demands exclusive devotion because that is the only way people will be happy and feel secure themselves. He deserves devotion. He "wrote the manual" on how to maintain happiness, peace, and security, and the number one thing is to regard Himself as the Highest Being in the universe and pay homage to Him. To worship other gods would be detrimental to humans. There are no other gods that will look after the best interests of human beings.