Is Christianity the only religion that punishes God?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

Is Christianity the only religion that punishes God?

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Is Christianity the only religion that likes the idea of God being punished for their iniquities? And why do they like to perpetually shame him by displaying images of him nearly naked hanging on a cross?. With blood dripping from his head. If Christians think Jesus is God why dont they vover him up? Why are they dishonest with their imsge? Theyve got the blood dripping. What about the urine snd feces snd the flies? How can they leave all that out?
Whats it like to be proud of a religion that blames and punishes God. And shames him on top of it all. And in the end wants to be rewarded for it?

Savant

Re: Is Christianity the only religion that punishes God?

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

Avoice wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:50 am Is Christianity the only religion that likes the idea of God being punished for their iniquities?...
Why do you think they like it? I don't think it can be said to be Christians idea to crucify Jesus, it is what happened.

Christian idea is to call Jesus God. And that idea seems to be wrong, because Bible tells there is only one true God that is greater than Jesus.

And this is everlasting life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.
Joh. 17:3

....My Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

...I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and My God, and your God.
John. 20:17

For "He subjected all things under His feet;" but when He says that all things have been subjected, it is plain that it excepts Him who has subjected all things to Him. But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who has subjected all things to Him, that God may be all things in all.
1 Cor. 15:27-28

For God is one, also there is one Mediator of God and of men, the Man Christ Jesus,
1 Tim. 2:5

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by boatsnguitars »

Avoice wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:50 am Is Christianity the only religion that likes the idea of God being punished for their iniquities? And why do they like to perpetually shame him by displaying images of him nearly naked hanging on a cross?. With blood dripping from his head. If Christians think Jesus is God why dont they vover him up? Why are they dishonest with their imsge? Theyve got the blood dripping. What about the urine snd feces snd the flies? How can they leave all that out?
Whats it like to be proud of a religion that blames and punishes God. And shames him on top of it all. And in the end wants to be rewarded for it?
It's a valid point. Christians, as do all Religionists, have a very bad understanding of Morality, Life, Love, and other human experiences: They have been fed a steady stream of dogma that they can rally around and idolize. Urine and feces isn't pleasant, but man do they love blood! Their whole religion is based on blood sacrifice. They sing about 'being washed in the blood of the lamb", etc.

It's sick, but to them it's beautiful. Truly a death cult.

And, what's more, they think we should respect them for their beliefs, and teach it to all children... how horrific!
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

boatsnguitars wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:24 am
Avoice wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:50 am Is Christianity the only religion that likes the idea of God being punished for their iniquities? And why do they like to perpetually shame him by displaying images of him nearly naked hanging on a cross?. With blood dripping from his head. If Christians think Jesus is God why dont they vover him up? Why are they dishonest with their imsge? Theyve got the blood dripping. What about the urine snd feces snd the flies? How can they leave all that out?
It's a valid point. Christians, as do all Religionists, have a very bad understanding of Morality, Life, Love, and other human experiences: They have been fed a steady stream of dogma that they can rally around and idolize. Urine and feces isn't pleasant, but man do they love blood! Their whole religion is based on blood sacrifice. They sing about 'being washed in the blood of the lamb", etc.

And, what's more, they think we should respect them for their beliefs, and teach it to all children... how horrific!
Absolutely. God has a morbid fascination (obsession?) with blood. Simply consider how many times he brought it up in just the first two books of his Bible. (34 times in the English Standard Version and 39 times in the International Children’s Bible no less :shock: ) AND in Leviticus god goes even further, mentioning blood 86 times! Tell me that isn't some kind of sick.

English Standard Version
Genesis 4:10
And the Lord said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying to me from the ground.

Genesis 4:11
And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand.

Genesis 9:4
But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Genesis 9:6
“Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

Genesis 37:22
And Reuben said to them, “Shed no blood; throw him into this pit here in the wilderness, but do not lay a hand on him”—that he might rescue him out of their hand to restore him to his father.

Genesis 37:26
Then Judah said to his brothers, “What profit is it if we kill our brother and conceal his blood?

Genesis 37:31
Then they took Joseph's robe and slaughtered a goat and dipped the robe in the blood.

Genesis 42:22
And Reuben answered them, “Did I not tell you not to sin against the boy? But you did not listen. So now there comes a reckoning for his blood.”

Genesis 49:11
Binding his foal to the vine and his donkey's colt to the choice vine, he has washed his garments in wine and his vesture in the blood of grapes.

Exodus 4:9
If they will not believe even these two signs or listen to your voice, you shall take some water from the Nile and pour it on the dry ground, and the water that you shall take from the Nile will become blood on the dry ground.”

Exodus 4:25
Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and touched Moses' feet with it and said, “Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me!”

Exodus 4:26
So he let him alone. It was then that she said, “A bridegroom of blood,” because of the circumcision.

Exodus 7:14
The First Plague: Water Turned to Blood. Then the Lord said to Moses, “Pharaoh's heart is hardened; he refuses to let the people go.

Exodus 7:17
Thus says the Lord, “By this you shall know that I am the Lord: behold, with the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water that is in the Nile, and it shall turn into blood.

Exodus 7:19
And the Lord said to Moses, “Say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and stretch out your hand over the waters of Egypt, over their rivers, their canals, and their ponds, and all their pools of water, so that they may become blood, and there shall be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, even in vessels of wood and in vessels of stone.’”

Exodus 7:20
Moses and Aaron did as the Lord commanded. In the sight of Pharaoh and in the sight of his servants he lifted up the staff and struck the water in the Nile, and all the water in the Nile turned into blood.

Exodus 7:21
And the fish in the Nile died, and the Nile stank, so that the Egyptians could not drink water from the Nile. There was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

Exodus 12:7
“Then they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and the lintel of the houses in which they eat it.

Exodus 12:13
The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt.

Exodus 12:22
Take a bunch of hyssop and dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and touch the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood that is in the basin. None of you shall go out of the door of his house until the morning.

Exodus 12:23
For the Lord will pass through to strike the Egyptians, and when he sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the Lord will pass over the door and will not allow the destroyer to enter your houses to strike you.

Exodus 22:2
If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him,

Exodus 22:3
but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

Exodus 23:18
“You shall not offer the blood of my sacrifice with anything leavened, or let the fat of my feast remain until the morning.

Exodus 24:6
And Moses took half of the blood and put it in basins, and half of the blood he threw against the altar.

Exodus 24:8
And Moses took the blood and threw it on the people and said, “Behold the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words.”

Exodus 29:12
and shall take part of the blood of the bull and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger, and the rest of the blood you shall pour out at the base of the altar.

Exodus 29:16
and you shall kill the ram and shall take its blood and throw it against the sides of the altar.

Exodus 29:20
and you shall kill the ram and take part of its blood and put it on the tip of the right ear of Aaron and on the tips of the right ears of his sons, and on the thumbs of their right hands and on the great toes of their right feet, and throw the rest of the blood against the sides of the altar.

Exodus 29:21
Then you shall take part of the blood that is on the altar, and of the anointing oil, and sprinkle it on Aaron and his garments, and on his sons and his sons' garments with him. He and his garments shall be holy, and his sons and his sons' garments with him.

Exodus 30:10
Aaron shall make atonement on its horns once a year. With the blood of the sin offering of atonement he shall make atonement for it once in the year throughout your generations. It is most holy to the Lord.”

Exodus 34:25
“You shall not offer the blood of my sacrifice with anything leavened, or let the sacrifice of the Feast of the Passover remain until the morning.

That's 120 times in just the first 3 books of the ESV Bible.

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD

Skeptical
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Skeptical »

That's interesting because I had never thought of it like that.
boatsnguitars wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:24 am It's sick, but to them it's beautiful. Truly a death cult.

Yes, it unquestionably based upon blood and death. Even with the origin of Judeo-Christian religion in the book of Genesis, everything was based upon the ultimatum of obeying or dying. And which is something that God first mentioned and introduced into the world of humankind, who would have otherwise not have even thought about it or focused on it if it wasn't for that. And a point which is trying to be strongly contested in a thread that I started: God's Need for Loyalty? 😕

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by Purple Knight »

You can take it badly, or you can take it that Christianity is the only religion to subject God to morality and not the other way around.

Now, I admit there are points against the religion to be made about how they consider their God to be all-powerful, but he can't seem to escape punishing himself... rather gruesomely... but if you removed the omnipotence from the equation, you'd simply have a god that is subject to the moral laws of the universe rather than above them. And although I do have strong objections to sin transference - to one person paying for the sins of another - I don't think this particular idea that there must be blood for a wrong, and that wrong must be made right, is a bad one.

Skeptical
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by Skeptical »

Purple Knight wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:58 pm You can take it badly, or you can take it that Christianity is the only religion to subject God to morality and not the other way around.

Now, I admit there are points against the religion to be made about how they consider their God to be all-powerful, but he can't seem to escape punishing himself... rather gruesomely... but if you removed the omnipotence from the equation, you'd simply have a god that is subject to the moral laws of the universe rather than above them. And although I do have strong objections to sin transference - to one person paying for the sins of another - I don't think this particular idea that there must be blood for a wrong, and that wrong must be made right, is a bad one.
So, in your viewpoint, how exactly does blood remedy wrong?

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by Purple Knight »

Skeptical wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:15 pm So, in your viewpoint, how exactly does blood remedy wrong?
I don't agree with the Christian notion of paying for somebody else's sins. However, what bleeding represents is harm to the self, and if someone harms somebody else, then if nothing else, having blood let out of the aggressor at least makes the victim and aggressor equal again.

It's a primitive and nasty way to punish people but it at least achieves equity.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by boatsnguitars »

Miles wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:23 pm

Absolutely. God has a morbid fascination (obsession?) with blood. Simply consider how many times he brought it up in just the first two books of his Bible. (34 times in the English Standard Version and 39 times in the International Children’s Bible no less :shock: ) AND in Leviticus god goes even further, mentioning blood 86 times! Tell me that isn't some kind of sick.

English Standard Version
Genesis 4:10
And the Lord said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying to me from the ground.

Genesis 4:11
And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand.

Genesis 9:4
But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Genesis 9:6
“Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

Genesis 37:22
And Reuben said to them, “Shed no blood; throw him into this pit here in the wilderness, but do not lay a hand on him”—that he might rescue him out of their hand to restore him to his father.

Genesis 37:26
Then Judah said to his brothers, “What profit is it if we kill our brother and conceal his blood?

Genesis 37:31
Then they took Joseph's robe and slaughtered a goat and dipped the robe in the blood.

Genesis 42:22
And Reuben answered them, “Did I not tell you not to sin against the boy? But you did not listen. So now there comes a reckoning for his blood.”

Genesis 49:11
Binding his foal to the vine and his donkey's colt to the choice vine, he has washed his garments in wine and his vesture in the blood of grapes.

Exodus 4:9
If they will not believe even these two signs or listen to your voice, you shall take some water from the Nile and pour it on the dry ground, and the water that you shall take from the Nile will become blood on the dry ground.”

Exodus 4:25
Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and touched Moses' feet with it and said, “Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me!”

Exodus 4:26
So he let him alone. It was then that she said, “A bridegroom of blood,” because of the circumcision.

Exodus 7:14
The First Plague: Water Turned to Blood. Then the Lord said to Moses, “Pharaoh's heart is hardened; he refuses to let the people go.

Exodus 7:17
Thus says the Lord, “By this you shall know that I am the Lord: behold, with the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water that is in the Nile, and it shall turn into blood.

Exodus 7:19
And the Lord said to Moses, “Say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and stretch out your hand over the waters of Egypt, over their rivers, their canals, and their ponds, and all their pools of water, so that they may become blood, and there shall be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, even in vessels of wood and in vessels of stone.’”

Exodus 7:20
Moses and Aaron did as the Lord commanded. In the sight of Pharaoh and in the sight of his servants he lifted up the staff and struck the water in the Nile, and all the water in the Nile turned into blood.

Exodus 7:21
And the fish in the Nile died, and the Nile stank, so that the Egyptians could not drink water from the Nile. There was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

Exodus 12:7
“Then they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and the lintel of the houses in which they eat it.

Exodus 12:13
The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt.

Exodus 12:22
Take a bunch of hyssop and dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and touch the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood that is in the basin. None of you shall go out of the door of his house until the morning.

Exodus 12:23
For the Lord will pass through to strike the Egyptians, and when he sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the Lord will pass over the door and will not allow the destroyer to enter your houses to strike you.

Exodus 22:2
If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him,

Exodus 22:3
but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

Exodus 23:18
“You shall not offer the blood of my sacrifice with anything leavened, or let the fat of my feast remain until the morning.

Exodus 24:6
And Moses took half of the blood and put it in basins, and half of the blood he threw against the altar.

Exodus 24:8
And Moses took the blood and threw it on the people and said, “Behold the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words.”

Exodus 29:12
and shall take part of the blood of the bull and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger, and the rest of the blood you shall pour out at the base of the altar.

Exodus 29:16
and you shall kill the ram and shall take its blood and throw it against the sides of the altar.

Exodus 29:20
and you shall kill the ram and take part of its blood and put it on the tip of the right ear of Aaron and on the tips of the right ears of his sons, and on the thumbs of their right hands and on the great toes of their right feet, and throw the rest of the blood against the sides of the altar.

Exodus 29:21
Then you shall take part of the blood that is on the altar, and of the anointing oil, and sprinkle it on Aaron and his garments, and on his sons and his sons' garments with him. He and his garments shall be holy, and his sons and his sons' garments with him.

Exodus 30:10
Aaron shall make atonement on its horns once a year. With the blood of the sin offering of atonement he shall make atonement for it once in the year throughout your generations. It is most holy to the Lord.”

Exodus 34:25
“You shall not offer the blood of my sacrifice with anything leavened, or let the sacrifice of the Feast of the Passover remain until the morning.

That's 120 times in just the first 3 books of the ESV Bible.

Sounds like the Aztecs.
― Omar Khayyâm

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by boatsnguitars »

Purple Knight wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:58 pm You can take it badly, or you can take it that Christianity is the only religion to subject God to morality and not the other way around.

I take it badly, as the latter option is absurd and immoral.

Religions are manmade. You're defending ancient, brutal ideas.

Your post confirms - again - the Religionist are bad at moral values.

You admit that it looks bad on its face, but if you accept the story from the Church that it's the best thing, good, moral, and you'll suffer for eternity if you don't... Then you'll agree that it's the best thing, good and moral.

Ive heard the apologetics a million times. I am not in the religion, and don't need to accept it.

Just consider: your explanation is exactly how Muslims defend stoning and beheading people.
― Omar Khayyâm