Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JoeMama
Apprentice

What If There Had Been No Resurrection?

Post #1

Post by JoeMama »

Christians,

How would your life change if you were to learn that the resurrection of Jesus never occurred?

Waterfall
Scholar

Re: What If There Had Been No Resurrection?

Post #101

Post by Waterfall »

Namaskaram JW
JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:18 pm
Waterfall wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:35 pm
I do not believe in the story about Adam and Eve, but what does the Bible say to people...

I do not recall asking you if you did.
I just wanted to say it because you believe in the story and I do not. Was this a good thing to say...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_fruitful_and_multiply

What if Adam and Eve had not put children into the world...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #102

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Waterfall wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:00 am
According to the bible there would have been no humans. Or at least no human descendants of Adam snd Eve.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #103

Post by Waterfall »

Namaskaram JW
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:34 am
According to the bible there would have been no humans. Or at least no human descendants of Adam snd Eve.
Could Adam and Eve not have been resurrected or recreated? If Adam and Eve had refused to put children into the world, do you then think God would have created two new humans? Why is that so importen to God? That we put children into this world? Why not wait with that to we get to paradise...

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #104

Post by Waterfall »

Namaskaram JW
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:34 am
Why would there have been no humans? Could Adam and Eve not have been recreated? Did they not deserve that? If Adam and Eve had refused to put children into the world, do you then think God would have created two new humans? Why is it so important to God? That we puts children into this world? Is it not better to wait with children until we are in PARADISE? No death? No suffering? Did Adam and Eve have a choice? Shall we put children into the world? Do we have a choice? Can we live with the consequences? Did God not explain things to them? I do not believe in the story about Adam and Eve. The first humans did not have a choice. They were like animals. In my book it is said that the first humans were created by some fallen angels 5.000.000 years ago. They were put into a evolutionary world. So everybody is right about something...

https://www.toward-the-light.net/

When do we become grownups and responsible...

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Carsten Ploug Olsen

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #105

Post by TRANSPONDER »

In and odd way this off - topic talk about human origins links with the resurrection, because of Sin and why God let it happen and didn't just get rid of it. Why not look at Adam, Noah, Lot and that lot, shake his head and start again? Why not have started again before creating Satan and all those firepits for the damned souls?

Similarly, was the crucifixion really necessary? If Jesus wasn't such a snappish and unbalanced individual, he would have said to Peter when he said 'no, this shall never happen to you' he would have patted him on his shoulder and said 'I was dead right to give you the keys of heaven. You are right; I'll have another word with the Father'. He apparently put it off until it was almost too late (just the way I do my tax form) and then said 'Look Dad, isn't there another way to do this?'

"What, you mean you don't want to be beaten up and crucified? People will be praising your name alway." "Yeah I know you wanted this to be a big event even if almost nobody was going to see it, but couldn't you just Do it?"

"Josh, you know I don't work that way; I have to do Hidden, which means I do it with natural stuff just a bit coincidentally uncommon to accomplish my Plan. I don't do miracles."

"The parting of the Red sea?" "That was just the tide coming in." "The walking on water?" "That was just the tide going out."

"The sun standing still, the mobile star? My walking away from a murder mob time frozen? The feeding of 5,000?"

"Well..."

'You know you can do it if you want to, dad. Just forgive sin.' "That'd mean going back to before the Big bang and doing it right!"

"Well? Doesn't that beat the death, misery, disease and wars with no sign that things have gotten good enough to initiate the last days?"

"Sorry, no, son. That'd be Too Easy, it's up on the cross for you my boy...now you go and wake up the disciples to humiliate them one last time before Judas gets here with his posse."

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #106

Post by The Nice Centurion »

JoeMama wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:25 am Christians,

How would your life change if you were to learn that the resurrection of Jesus never occurred?
Mmmh- One horrible thought comes to my mind:
(You all be the Judges if I am going mad or otspeak a real distant and unprobable possibility).
WHAT IF NO ONE WITNESSED THE ACTUAL RESURRECTION BECAUSE IT DIDNT HAPPEN?
(Poor Paul in this case- all this hours writing letters, Jail time and risky journeys for naught.)
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"