Women Not the "Glory of God"?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JoeMama
Apprentice

Women Not the "Glory of God"?

Post #1

Post by JoeMama »

I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of
Christ is God.....For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. (1 Corinthians 11:2-9) For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man (1 Corinthians 11:2-9)

Does the Bible teach that women are less important to God than men?

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: Women Not the "Glory of God"?

Post #11

Post by TRANSPONDER »

It is the happenstance of History that the time when women dominated - I suspect in everything (I think women invented pottery) other than hunting - in the stone age, there were no written records and that didn't happen until the bronze age, when resource - areas collided and hunting skills were turned to war. When writing and visual records began, warlords dominated society and women were pushed back to the hearth.

This is why it is so fascinating to read of women rulers, and even warladies like Boudicca, Lakshmibai and Candyce.
Hatshepsut, Catherine the Great, Theodora, Lady Wu, Elizabeth 1st and Maria Theresa. To which we might add Nefertiti (there's a power behind the Throne, if you like) those tough and politicking medieval queens, Victoria and - yes, Thatcher, whose fame rests on a little war, without which she'd have just been a bad, divisive and failed Prime Minister.