Where does God of Israel speak in the Christian testament?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

Where does God of Israel speak in the Christian testament?

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Where does the God of Israel speak in the Christian testament? A quote attributed to him having spoken it. With clarification using words like ‘ God said’ or ‘said God,’

I do not mean quotes from the Hebrew Bible (OT) that arev in the Christian testament.
I mean something fresh

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: Where does God of Israel speak in the Christian testament?

Post #11

Post by 2timothy316 »

Avoice wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:16 pm Where does the God of Israel speak in the Christian testament? A quote attributed to him having spoken it. With clarification using words like ‘ God said’ or ‘said God,’

I do not mean quotes from the Hebrew Bible (OT) that arev in the Christian testament.
I mean something fresh
Matthew 3:17
John 12:28
Luke 9:35

Revelations won
Sage

Post #12

Post by Revelations won »

My first response on this topic,

I find some of the responses to be thought provoking.

I will throw in another response from Christ that should require some serious thought to fully understood.

In the NT Christ referred to himself approximately 81 times as "the son of man". For him to repeat this statement so extensively, it must have substantial import.

Who therefore is his father? What does this say about the corporeal nature of his father?

He Christ is the legitiment son of God the Father. This being the case it would be self evident that Mary must indeed be the wife of God the Father.

Kind regards,
RW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #13

Post by onewithhim »

Avoice wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:16 pm Where does the God of Israel speak in the Christian testament? A quote attributed to him having spoken it. With clarification using words like ‘ God said’ or ‘said God,’

I mean something fresh
Matthew 3:17....."Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: 'This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.'"

Luke 9:35....."Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: 'This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him.'"

John 12:28..... "'Father, glorify your name.' Then a voice came out of heaven: 'I have glorified it and will glorify it again.'"

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus spoke for the God of Israel as a prophet like the others.

“The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me.”

Avoice
Guru

Post #15

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #13]

It doesn’t identify the speaker. You got a voice

Avoice
Guru

Post #16

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Miles in post #2]

An unidentified voice. Well, when an unidentified voice happens to head a religion that tells you the law is done away with id think hard about that. Especially if you are led to believe you can disobey the laws God gave at Sinai. And the voice promises you’ll live forever. Oldest trick in the book. The voice in Eden had Eve believe she could disobey and live forever. She listened to the wrong voice.

Avoice
Guru

Post #17

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Miles in post #4]

Well, at least you are asking valid questions.
If we stick to facts then it has to be acknowledged that God has identified his son in the scriptures. Jesus would be his son in that he is part of the nation of Israel. But Gods son is Israel. The nation.

Jesus does mention a spirit lighting on him. Oddly enough Jesus is tslking with people and all if a sudden out if no where he says the oddest thing:
“I saw Satan fall from heaven”

“ Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me.”

“When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt”

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by 2timothy316 »

Avoice wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:34 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #13]

It doesn’t identify the speaker. You got a voice
Yet in those scriptures the voice calls Jesus His Son. Who was Jesus? The Son of God. (Luke 1:35; John 20:31)
Who's voice is it? God's voice. Unless you can use the scriptures to conclusively tie it to someone else and not just your opinion.

Avoice
Guru

Post #19

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Bobcat in post #14]

Satan would describe himself the exact sane way. God tells him what he can and cant do

Avoice
Guru

Post #20

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to 2timothy316 in post #18]

“ “ Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me”

Israel is Gods son. That would surely include Jesus. But the children of Israel is his son.

God also refers to Israel as his son when ge called tgem iut of Egypt

Now that I can tie this to a voice that IS IDENTIFIED… that God called Israel his son; Christians have two choices: listen to God or an inidentified voice that hives a different answer than the one God gives.
If a knife was to your throat and you had to say who did God call his son what would you say?