.....Seeing/entering the kingdom of God
.....Getting eternal life
.....Not dying in one's sins
.....Not perishing
.....Surely living, not dying

is the same as salvation

1. HAVE FAITH
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith.

2. BELIEVE IN JESUS
Acts 16:31
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

3. CONFESS THAT JESUS IS LORD AND WAS RESURRECTED
Romans 10:9-10
if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

4. BE BAPTIZED
1 Peter 3:18-22
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you

5. REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED
Acts 2:38
“Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

6. BELIEVE AND BE BAPTIZED
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

7. BE BORN AGAIN
John 3:3
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.

8. HAVE FAITH
Ephesians 2:8-10

9. WORK AND SEEK
Romans 2:6-8
He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life;

10. BELIEVE JESUS IS THE "I AM HE"
John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

11. BELIEVE IN JESUS
John 3:15-18
That whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

12. REPENT
Luke 13:3
No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

13. REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED
Acts 2:38-39
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

14. CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD
Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

15. RELY ON YOUR SAVIOR'S MERCY
Titus 3:4-5
But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

16. DO THE WILL OF GOD
Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

17. (for the wicked) TURN FROM YOUR SIN, DO WHAT IS RIGHT, RETURN WHAT YOU HAVE STOLEN, AND WALK IN THE STATUTES OF LIFE
Ezekiel 33:14-19
Again, though I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ yet if he turns from his sin and does what is just and right, if the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has taken by robbery, and walks in the statutes of life, not doing injustice, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

. Image

Wootah
Savant

Re: What's with all the choices?

Post #41

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to Miles in post #1]
https://biblehub.com/romans/10-9.htm

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
That's it. You are saved.

But that first step has a massive impact. Everything that happens after that is transformation as you take what you declared more and more seriously.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Miles
Savant

Post #42

Post by Miles »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:15 pm [Replying to Miles in post #1]

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
OR,

all I would have to do is HAVE FAITH

Ephesians 2:8-9

OR

RELY ON MY SAVIOR'S MERCY
Titus 3:4-5
But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

OR

REPENT

Luke 13:3
No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

So I don't have to declare anything by my mouth, or believe in the reincarnation. I have other choices.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #43

Post by onewithhim »

Not quite. It takes more than just accepting Jesus to be saved. "The demons also believe and yet tremble" (James 2: 19,20). Jesus said, "He who endures to the end is the one that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13) To endure we must follow everything that Jesus instructed his followers to do. He said, "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven....Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock." (Matthew 7: 21,24, KJV)

Wootah
Savant

Post #44

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #43]

The demons do not call Jesus Lord.

Doing the will of God is the hard part but not the saving part.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Miles
Savant

Post #45

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:32 pm

Not quite. It takes more than just accepting Jesus to be saved.
Not according to John 3:15
Then everyone who believes in him [Jesus] will have eternal life.”

and Acts 16:31
They said to him, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved—you and all who live in your house.”

onewithhim
Savant

Post #46

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:53 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #43]

Jesus says differently, if you will look at the verses in Matthew.

"Not everyone that saith unto me 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father." (Matt.7:21, KJV)

(The demons called Jesus "the Holy One of God." Pretty close to the meaning of "Lord," wouldn't you say? (Luke 4:34) But they sure were not doing the will of God.)
Therefore, doing God's will is paramount to being saved in the end. (Matt.24:13) Don't you agree that "enduring" would involve some action on a person's part?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #47

Post by 2timothy316 »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:57 pm

"Not everyone that saith unto me 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father." (Matt.7:21, KJV)

(The demons called Jesus "the Holy One of God." Pretty close to the meaning of "Lord," wouldn't you say? (Luke 4:34) But they sure were not doing the will of God.)
Therefore, doing God's will is paramount to being saved in the end. (Matt.24:13) Don't you agree that "enduring" would involve some action on a person's part?
Seems to me you can't have one without the other. Both are the 'saving part'. Doing the will of God is the road to the gate Jesus opened through his sacrifice. If not obeying then one is not moving toward salvation. If Jesus didn't die, there would be nothing to move toward.

It comes down to obeying. A person can appear to be doing good things but if a person ignores a clear commandment, such as those still in Jerusalem in 70 CE who were told to leave years before but didn't. They died, not because they weren't doing good things, but because they didn't obey. Peter said it best, of Jesus he said, "you have sayings of everlasting life". Note Peter focused on what Jesus was saying and not what Jesus was going to do.

Wootah
Savant

Post #48

Post by Wootah »

That isn't talking about demons.

Wootah
Savant

Post #49

Post by Wootah »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:15 pm

Seems to me you can't have one without the other. Both are the 'saving part'. Doing the will of God is the road to the gate Jesus opened through his sacrifice. If not obeying then one is not moving toward salvation. If Jesus didn't die, there would be nothing to move toward.

It comes down to obeying. A person can appear to be doing good things but if a person ignores a clear commandment, such as those still in Jerusalem in 70 CE who were told to leave years before but didn't. They died, not because they weren't doing good things, but because they didn't obey. Peter said it best, of Jesus he said, "you have sayings of everlasting life". Note Peter focused on what Jesus was saying and not what Jesus was going to do.
Good luck if you think you can obey God in a manner that earns your way into heaven. This is why it is saved by grace and God is patient with us as we try to obey. Jesus has sayings of everlasting life because he is living water.
10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
Jesus is the Word.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #50

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Wootah wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:53 pm

For humans, according to Jesus, those that do the will of God "shall enter into the kingdom of heaven" ; how doesnthat not equate to being saved?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8