Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

I'm, Like, "WHOA."

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

Hello,

It's me again. And on a lighter note, I have come simply to reflect on my years here and how I have, thankfully in my opinion, grown and matured as an individual with specific views and beliefs.

In a sense, all I can say is "WHOA" regarding all the rabbit holes I've gone down here. It really is something, my presence here, and there have been moments I can only look back upon as cringe, though they were perhaps necessary in me evolving to a higher point in life. So I am oddly thankful.

I have passed through many a transition in life, and to me they are all meaningful. They are a part of my story. And I hope that your story is also vibrant or, at least, varied.

These days I am not so much interested in argument as reflective wisdom, which is the goal of any authentic philosophy. Part of that is taking myself a helluva lot less seriously. Who, in the end, cares about doctrinal positions more than about being a good human being? One may martyr oneself on the altar of "my truth" or "The Truth" but how much of that really gets you anywhere meaningful? I think if we all took the time to THINK rather than merely Ratiocinate, we would realize that debate can only get you so far. Life is not about "winning" it's about being a successful human being. And that is what everyone should be trying to do whether consciously or subconsciously. Anything that detracts from that main lynchpin is a waste of time. But, I am not even that concerned about wasting time, or being wrong, or not winning, because, frankly, I don't take myself nearly as seriously as I once did. And I think that renders me a better human.

All Glories to everyone on this board. Your contributions mattered, because, wrong or right, they were human, and humans will never cease being so. That is our Peculiar Glory.

Each and every person, good or bad, nay, every sentient being, is absolutely unique and unrepeatable.

There will never be another person quite like you.

Own it. Be Free.

Peace!
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein