Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

The right questions...

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

Namaskaram...

Are the right questions to be found in the Bible? They just seems to accept "the stories" and not ask questions? I do not believe in the story about Adam and Eve and have some questions for those who does, because why did Adam and Eve put children into this world of suffering and death? Did God not explain things to them? Wait with children til you get (back) to Paradise? Just live and die and I will recreate you? Commit suicide? Why not? 930 years is a long time to wait with sex? Paradise is just around the corner? You just have to die first? Then everything will be alright? You will wake up in Paradise and can have all the sex in the world you want? And nobody else has to suffer and die? Good deal? For inspiration...

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: The right questions...

Post #41

Post by kjw47 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:08 am
kjw47 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:28 pm
TRANSPONDER wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:10 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:57 pm
Waterfall wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:40 am [Replying to kjw47 in post #34]

Namaskaram kjw47

Why did Adam and Eve put children into this world of suffering and death? Was it wrong of them? Should they just have lived and died without having sex? Maybe commited suicide? God hates us and will not forgive us? Is that what you get out of the story? There are many things to talk about...

viewtopic.php?p=1127662#p1127662

For those who are seeking God...

https://carstenplougolsen.com/english-section/

More inspiration...

Your friend forever

Waterfall

God opened the door to all sinful mortals when he sent his son, and his son was successful. No one born into perfection( angels and Adam-Eve) have a second chance if they fall. God expects those born into sin to fail sometimes. He does not give that to those born perfect. As you can see in Rev 20:10 satan and his angels have already had judgement passed upon them.
Well, I get your response, but does it deal with the basic question? Aside from whether the patchup plan even worked let alone made sense, the question is - why do it that way at all? The suggestion has been made that God didn't really know what was going to happen, which is a bit of an eyebrow raiser, wouldn't you say?

God cannot see all the future, he can see what his will, will accomplish without fail.
God is a God of justice= A perfect mortal rebelled and lost a good standing with all mortals to God --justice= A perfect mortal lived sinless, yet paid the wages of sin he did not owe= the ransom sacrifice. This opened the door to all mankind- 1) to enter the narrow gate and to repent and turn around. Jesus said-FEW will find that road.
I can never get over how faithclaims are plonked down 'Take 'em or leave 'em'. So God is working blind. Well, that would explain a few things, but far from all. It certainly does not explain the injustice and immorality and why promises don't seem to have been kept, nothing has been done, religious messages are all over the place and the Bible is very dubious.

That religions are man -made and the Bible was written by people who did not know what was so and what was not, Does explain the problematical matters.

So you may post your beliefs and welcome, but they carry no weight - none whatsoever - unless you can back them up with something convincing.

God knows exactly what he is doing. God isn't blind, none know his thoughts. Except what he put in his bible. All promises God made will occur without fail. 99% of all religion on earth is owned and operated by satan. Jesus is with 1 single religion( 1 Cor 1:10) 99% of all religions claiming to have Jesus are owned and operated by satan. Catholicism=2Thess 2:3=the great apostasy-and all her hundreds if not thousands of branches.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: The right questions...

Post #42

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Ik. None have commented to you Opinion, which you are free to post, but I'll respond.

The Bible contains stuff that is wrong· On all evidence reason. Bad errors undermine the ones that could be explained and even discredits those things we all accepted, the exodus, the sermon on the Mount, and even the empty tomb. But, while one poster made the point that it doesn't affect doctrine if the Nativity wasn't true, if Eden wasn't, then Sin is not down to an act of man. Sin- death is undermined and the resurrection become needless. But of all the bits of the Bible, Eden is the most unbelievable, and yet the ones that pulls the rug from under the salvation -sacrifice, and 2000 years of Bible experts, and I've never heard them say it. And it isn't the first time I've said that.