What's wrong with being gay?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Daedalus X
Apprentice

What's wrong with being gay?

Post #1

Post by Daedalus X »

This thread is a continuation of an off topic conversation from here.

First, I think that we all agree that it's important to promote understanding, respect, and equality for all individuals, regardless of their sexual orientation. Everyone should be treated with dignity and allowed to express their identity without fear of discrimination or harm.

Question for debate is LGTBQIA2S+ a harmless social contagion, or are there serious unintended consequences awaiting the individuals and societies that are going down this road?

alexxcJRO
Guru

Re: What's wrong with being gay?

Post #301

Post by alexxcJRO »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:11 pm Yes, though your question is poorly worded. Obviously he did much more than just argue though and therefore was not virtue signaling.
Since this is the ONLY question asked of me and you once again ignored EVERY SINGLE QUESTION I asked of you, I must assume that you have nothing to add to this debate. I still agree with your virtuous stance by the way, I just wish you had something to discuss or at least some idea as to what you actually wanted outside of solely voicing your anti bullying stance.
Clownboat: I want world hunger to be no more.
alexxcJRO: I agree! How do you think we might start to accomplish this?
Clownboat: I don't have any idea or thoughts about how to do it, others can put in that work.
alexxcJRO, please ask yourself if there is anything to debate about my virtuous statement that I'm sure you agree with. Welcome to my world... trying to have a debate with you!
How virtuous of you to take note of this! Are you aware of all the humans that die of starvation? Did you know the number is 9 million per year? Do you sense the ridicule?
virtue signalling
"nounDEROGATORY
noun: virtue signaling
the public expression of opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or social conscience or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue."

Sir I have not only expressed my public expression of opinions or sentiments. We have debated whether laws for bulling should exist for pages upon pages.
Dishonesty at its best.

Comparing wanting to have laws for bulling(in Romania) with "I want world hunger to be no more." considering we have such laws in some countries, plus tries to make them in my country is ridiculous. Therefore having laws for bulling in Romania is not equivalent to stopping "world hunger".
Dishonesty at its best.
Clownboat wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:11 pm Please understand that why you have a problem with bullying is irrelevant to our position. We share the same position on bullying after all.
It's relevant to the accusation of "virtue signaling". Its like accusing a human who witnessed copious amount of racism and who want to have laws against racism, which he subsequently argues ad nauseam with virtue signaling.
Clownboat wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:11 pm So if a group of bullies make fun of the transgender kid in school, only once each, no bullying has taken place? I disagree with your claim. Care to defend it?
Would you really support a law that would allow kids to call other kids names, but only once? What an odd position and one that would be impossible to enforce by the way.

I would like to inhibit bullying.
One way to accomplish this is for good men/women to act when they see it happening. Let's shun the bullies. Make them feel ashamed for their behavior. If bullies commit crimes, then they should be punished for said crimes. Do you take issue with my position?
One time ridicule its not bulling.
Again One time ridicule its not bulling.
infinity

Its baffling you keep repeating the same nonsense ad nauseam.

Bulling as a concept involves multiple repetition of the event.

“Bullying is the use of force, coercion, hurtful teasing or threat, to abuse, aggressively dominate or intimidate. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception (by the bully or by others) of an imbalance of physical or social power. This imbalance distinguishes bullying from conflict.[1][2] Bullying is a subcategory of aggressive behavior characterized by hostile intent, imbalance of power and repetition over a period of time.[3]”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

Clownboat wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:11 pm I would possibly critique your position, if only you had one to discuss.
Delusion. You did critique the idea to have laws for bulling.
They were all debunked.
Now you playing dumb like you have not done that for multiple pages on this thread.
Its comical.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

Clownboat
Savant

Post #302

Post by Clownboat »

alexxcJRO wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:08 am Delusion. You did critique the idea to have laws for bulling.
They were all debunked.
You are wrong because I am all for the idea for having bullying laws and have in fact been begging you to suggest one for us to discuss. Perhaps it will even make it in to legislation someday, but sadly, you offer up nothing but a virtuous idea that I agree with.
Now you playing dumb like you have not done that for multiple pages on this thread.
Its comical.
Now the bully laughs and mocks! Something you would never do to my face by the way. Shame on you! The internet is a safe haven for bullies though unfortunately!

Once again, you have nothing to offer for me to debate as I'm not a moron and bullying is anything but comical (yes, even your ineffective bullying being displayed here).

Have you given it any thought as to what bullying laws you would like to see legislated that will assist this idea that you and I share (even though you falsely and wrongly claim that I don't share it)?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #303

Post by alexxcJRO »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:04 pm You are wrong because I am all for the idea for having bullying laws and have in fact been begging you to suggest one for us to discuss. Perhaps it will even make it in to legislation someday, but sadly, you offer up nothing but a virtuous idea that I agree with.
Once again, you have nothing to offer for me to debate as I'm not a moron and bullying is anything but comical (yes, even your ineffective bullying being displayed here).
Q: So we did not debated for pages upon pages whether we should have laws for bulling or not, I being on the having such laws side and you on the opposite side?
That must have been a dream or a delusion.
LOL. The dishonesty has no bounds.

Clownboat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:04 pm
Now the bully laughs and mocks! Something you would never do to my face by the way. Shame on you! The internet is a safe haven for bullies though unfortunately!
Have you given it any thought as to what bullying laws you would like to see legislated that will assist this idea that you and I share (even though you falsely and wrongly claim that I don't share it)?
You started the ridicule match, the personal remarks match. You have ridicule yourself and have made personal remarks:
Clownboat: "It's laughable that you then attempt to compare this to rape in place of trying to make sense of the argument you are putting forth.
You typed far too many words when you could have just said: "No, I cannot clarify the bullying scale and age limit in order for it to make sense".
Um.... Come back alexxcJRO! This way... we are over here!"
Come back alexxJRO! This way! Over here!
You seem lost. What does this have to do with what we are debating?
Instead of dealing with this, you play mirror games and pretend you are debating.
:lol: Just leaving this one here for all to read again!
I find it cowardly for you to continue to quote my words, yet refuse to answer them.
Everybody(me) is! :lol:
What I mean by that is, the way you have spoken to be here online, is not how I would allow you to speak to me in person. You wouldn't dare and you know it, but you are safe to bully here as I'm not weaker then you, so your bullying is ineffective. As we all know, bullies are often cowards and calling someone names and then hiding behind a computer is just what bullies do, even ineffective bullies."

A match of ridicule-personal remarks from both sides is not bulling. There are other criteria that needs to be meet which are not.
I have already explained this add nauseam:

Previously on alexxcJRO schooling: "Ridicule in itself does not equal bulling. Bulling as a much bigger concept which includes smaller concepts among other "ridicule".
We can have ridicule and not have bulling. Mates ridiculing each other or two persons going back and forth in ridiculing each other.
The bulling usually as per definition involves: behaviour of a person who being in a more powerful, favorable position hurts or frightens someone smaller or less powerful for their pleasure. The actions are one sided. One person x get ridiculed over and over.
Personal remarks on a debate site are both sided. You have started to make the personal remarks. That's what prompted one of the mirror events.
Plus I am not in a more powerful, favorable position and I hurts or frightens someone smaller or less powerful->(you).
The condition for being a bully event is not met"

Q: Why do you dishonestly repeat the same nonsense again and again?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"

oldbadger
Guru

Post #304

Post by oldbadger »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:04 pm
alexxcJRO wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:08 am Delusion. You did critique the idea to have laws for bulling.
They were all debunked.
You are wrong because I am all for the idea for having bullying laws and have in fact been begging you to suggest one for us to discuss.
This is a wonderful U-turn, Clownboat.
I'm very impressed.
A really great example here, of how gently discussion can lead to wonderful changes in us all.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #305

Post by Clownboat »

alexxcJRO wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:31 am Q: So we did not debated for pages upon pages whether we should have laws for bulling or not, I being on the having such laws side and you on the opposite side?
I am all for considering bullying laws. I think you are confused because I made arguments about how identifying bullies can be a benefit to society and issues with making bullying a crime. Can you come up with a bullying law for us to consider talking about to see where it leads?
That must have been a dream or a delusion.
LOL. The dishonesty has no bounds.
Just more words you would never say to my face. I'm not going to get dragged down to your level so you can beat me with experience. If you have anything worthy of debate, please, for the love of all that is holy, type it out and let's discuss it.
You started the ridicule match, the personal remarks match. You have ridicule yourself and have made personal remarks:
Anyone reading here knows I have ridiculed you. I have pointed it out myself. You really need to try to keep up. You keep going back to ridicule because you can't come up with any bullying laws for us to discuss.
A match of ridicule-personal remarks from both sides is not bulling. There are other criteria that needs to be meet which are not.
Did my ridicule hurt you? If I apologize, will you be willing to discuss bullying laws?
Q: Why do you dishonestly repeat the same nonsense again and again?
In hopes that you will at some point type something worthy of debate. For example, if you are in favor of bullying laws, what do you have in mind?

At some point you have to admit that you don't have any ideas and just want to sound virtuous. Watching you flounder around and avoid this on point question by discussing the ridicule you have received here is embarrassing and deserving of ridicule.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #306

Post by Clownboat »

oldbadger wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:17 am This is a wonderful U-turn, Clownboat.
I'm very impressed.
A really great example here, of how gently discussion can lead to wonderful changes in us all.
You will make less mistakes in debate if you don't pretend to know the mind of the person you are debating.

Do you support additional bullying laws? If yes, what do you have in mind? I'm open to discuss such things, but so far, neither you nor alexxcJRO has offered anything up to discuss.
It's almost as if sounding virtuous is the end goal for you both. Can you see how I arrive at this conclusion?

oldbadger
Guru

Post #307

Post by oldbadger »

Clownboat wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:47 am
You will make less mistakes in debate if you don't pretend to know the mind of the person you are debating.
I'd be extremely surprised if you actually claimed to be able to know people's minds, CB.
For instance, quite often during discussions people can be heard to say such things as 'I don't know my own mind about that'.
Have you eve heard that?

We get some chance to learn what people think by reading what they write, you know.
Do you support additional bullying laws? If yes, what do you have in mind? I'm open to discuss such things, but so far, neither you nor alexxcJRO has offered anything up to discuss.
Yes.
The UK government is seriously considering new laws to control the use of children using their mobiles in school, and in connection with what they can access on IT.
But we already do know that you would support laws that seek to control online bullying. Well done you!
It's almost as if sounding virtuous is the end goal for you both. Can you see how I arrive at this conclusion?
I'd have a lot of difficulty in discovering how you arrive at conclusions, but your posts do help a lot.

What we already have in place (UK) I offer below, just the links to what we already have in place.

Bullying at school: The law
GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk › ... › Schools and education
By law, Section 89 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 includes measures to prevent all forms of bullying among pupils.
Reporting bullying
Bullying outside school
--------------------------------------------------------------
Anti-Bullying Alliance
https://anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk › tools-information
Section 89 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 states that maintained schools must have measures to encourage good behaviour and prevent all forms of ...
Reporting bullying
Bullying outside school
---------------------------------------------------------

Workplace bullying and harassment

GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk › workplace-bullying-and-harass...
Bullying and harassment is behaviour that makes someone feel intimidated or offended. Harassment is unlawful under the Equality Act 2010.
What employees should do if they’re bullied or harassed
Workplace bullying and harassment
-------------------------------------------------------

Clownboat
Savant

Post #308

Post by Clownboat »

oldbadger wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:34 am For instance, quite often during discussions people can be heard to say such things as 'I don't know my own mind about that'.
Have you eve heard that?
Not phrased like that, but something similar, sure.

With that... I have addressed every question in your post.
Be well.

PS. I do like the odd socks day to stand against bullying by the way. It's a great way for society to show their overall disapproval of bullying. I think that more of this kind of thing would be great, but now we have moved away from creating bullying laws (but let's be honest, that went no where with either of you two) and into my realm where society is dealing with bullies (good people doing something about it, even if it's just showing support by wearing odd socks).

Bottom line, society will better inhibit bullying by wearing odd socks and the like compared to solely making virtuous statements like 'we need more anti bullying laws'.

One question for you if you could spare a response:
Do you think that odd socks day and the like would inhibit bullying better or worse then the additional anti bullying laws you and alexxcJRO refuse to discuss?

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #309

Post by alexxcJRO »

Clownboat wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:36 am Just more words you would never say to my face.
Sir I am not afraid of no one. I am 95 kg. 1.8m big guy who know how to fight and who has never lost one in his entire life.
I would say exactly the same words. Zero fear.
Clownboat wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:36 am
I'm not going to get dragged down to your level so you can beat me with experience. If you have anything worthy of debate, please, for the love of all that is holy, type it out and let's discuss it.
In hopes that you will at some point type something worthy of debate. For example, if you are in favor of bullying laws, what do you have in mind?
At some point you have to admit that you don't have any ideas and just want to sound virtuous. Watching you flounder around and avoid this on point question by discussing the ridicule you have received here is embarrassing and deserving of ridicule.
I did debated sir. Existence of laws for bulling vs non-existence of laws.
For pages upon pages. Ad nauseam.
Stop saying like that did not happened. Like debate did not occur. Reality is not gonna change.

I just don't wanna entertain your moving of the goal post when you saw you had nothing against existence of laws for bulling.
Plus I am not a specialist in making laws.
There is not point. There are people who do this for a living.
Q: Why should I make a half ass job?
Anyone reading here knows I have ridiculed you. I have pointed it out myself. You really need to try to keep up. You keep going back to ridicule because you can't come up with any bullying laws for us to discuss.
Then stop making accusation of bulling and equating bulling with ridicule.
The concepts are not equivalent.

Did my ridicule hurt you? If I apologize, will you be willing to discuss bullying laws?
My initial post was about the existence of laws to which you responded.
I already debated on that front ad nauseam.
Now you desperately wanna move the goal post because you lost it on the previous one so bad it was embarrassing.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #310

Post by oldbadger »

Clownboat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:29 pm
oldbadger wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:34 am For instance, quite often during discussions people can be heard to say such things as 'I don't know my own mind about that'.
Have you eve heard that?
Not phrased like that, but something similar, sure.

With that... I have addressed every question in your post.
Be well.

PS. I do like the odd socks day to stand against bullying by the way. It's a great way for society to show their overall disapproval of bullying. I think that more of this kind of thing would be great, but now we have moved away from creating bullying laws (but let's be honest, that went no where with either of you two) and into my realm where society is dealing with bullies (good people doing something about it, even if it's just showing support by wearing odd socks).

Bottom line, society will better inhibit bullying by wearing odd socks and the like compared to solely making virtuous statements like 'we need more anti bullying laws'.

One question for you if you could spare a response:
Do you think that odd socks day and the like would inhibit bullying better or worse then the additional anti bullying laws you and alexxcJRO refuse to discuss?
You completely ignored my post which explained some of the UK laws that address various kinds of bullying.

Never mind.