Reincarnation

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Reincarnation

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Can anyone explain reincarnation? Is it random? Is it per species? Is it based on what we do in this life?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Miles
Savant

Re: Reincarnation

Post #2

Post by Miles »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:54 pm Can anyone explain reincarnation? Is it random? Is it per species? Is it based on what we do in this life?
I think it's a fiction born from a dire need to believe death isn't the end to our existence on earth.

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

Miles wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:18 pm
Wootah wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:54 pm Can anyone explain reincarnation? Is it random? Is it per species? Is it based on what we do in this life?
I think it's a fiction born from a dire need to believe death isn't the end to our existence on earth.

Sure. But why do some believe it as opposed to the biblical die once then judgment? Why reincarnation and what are the principles?

Also just to respond to you. I do think all life is cope. I mean that all we do currently is cope for the fact we will die. So I don't want you to feel special in any way compared to religious people.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Post #4

Post by Wootah »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:59 pm

Sure. But why do some believe it as opposed to the biblical die once then judgment? Why reincarnation and what are the principles?

Also just to respond to you. I do think all life is cope. I mean that all we do currently is cope for the fact we will die. So I don't want you to feel special in any way compared to religious people.
https://clayjones.net/2022/07/teenage-depression/
https://clayjones.net/2013/08/if-youre- ... christian/

Here is an article(s now) I just read on how we cope with death in different ways. All life is cope for death. Do you think that is a good thread discussion? Is all life cope?

Miles
Savant

Post #5

Post by Miles »

Sure. But why do some believe it as opposed to the biblical die once then judgment?
Because they don't buy the Bible yarns.

Why reincarnation and what are the principles?
The "why" I've already answered. The principles are going to depend on which version one subscribes to.

Personally, I don't fear dying, so it's nothing that requires any coping.

Here is an article(s now) I just read on how we cope with death in different ways. All life is cope for death. Do you think that is a good thread discussion? Is all life cope?
Not particularly, but time will tell

No it isn't. Life can include good dining, great sex, job satisfaction, love of family, etc. etc.

Wootah
Savant

Post #6

Post by Wootah »

Miles wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:05 am

No it isn't. Life can include good dining, great sex, job satisfaction, love of family, etc. etc.

Cope.

Miles
Savant

Post #7

Post by Miles »

Wootah wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:34 am
Miles wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:05 am

Cope.
Living.

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by amortalman »

Just a comment on this subject. There are many testimonies as to the reality of reincarnation that can easily be found with a little searching. The ones that stood out to me were the children who had memories of a previous life that went well beyond coincidence. The phenomenon is also mentioned in the accounts of some NDE's.

Wootah
Savant

Post #9

Post by Wootah »

amortalman wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:41 pm Just a comment on this subject. There are many testimonies as to the reality of reincarnation that can easily be found with a little searching. The ones that stood out to me were the children who had memories of a previous life that went well beyond coincidence. The phenomenon is also mentioned in the accounts of some NDE's.
Same with proof Jesus is God and the only way.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by boatsnguitars »

Why do people believe Jesus came back to life? It's just something people do: believe weird things.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm