"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #1

Post by Miles »

A delightful explanation of why the notion of a global flood---the Noachian Flood---doesn't make any sense.

Question: Is any of what Forrest Valkai, the host, said, wrong? If so, what and why?

oldbadger
Guru

Re: "A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #251

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:52 pm My faith is in the LORD and I pray for the President that's in office. I did like Bush and Reagan, but what does all this have to do with the Flood?
Ah yes........ the Flood.
Let's talk about that.......
I have read that Congress's new Speaker believes that the dinosaurs were in the Ark, which is how their bones are found today.
Do you believe that?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #252

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:09 am
LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:34 am
You do like to pick and choose your heroes:
I didn't tell you that Castro was a hero of mine, simply that he wasn't such a bad person.
But indeed, I am very careful about who I might choose to be any kind of a hero, but whomsoever I should pick there will be a journalist somewhere who is prepared to trash that choice.
oldbadger wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:19 am
LittleNipper wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:52 pm My faith is in the LORD and I pray for the President that's in office. I did like Bush and Reagan, but what does all this have to do with the Flood?
I have read that Congress's new Speaker believes that the dinosaurs were in the Ark, which is how their bones are found today.
Do you believe that?
I believe a few young dinosaurs were likely on the ark and the dinosaur fossils found today are those that died during the FLOOD. And I would imagine that the fact that "dragon" was not an unknown designation would likely indicate that such creature existed along side man...

oldbadger
Guru

Post #253

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:53 am I believe a few young dinosaurs were likely on the ark and the dinosaur fossils found today are those that died during the FLOOD. And I would imagine that the fact that "dragon" was not an unknown designation would likely indicate that such creature existed along side man...
OK....so you do believe in exactly what the bible says, and in a young Earth.
Do you have a date for the Exodus? I want to discover that date if possible.

And do you accept all the 613 laws of Moses?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #254

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:35 am
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:53 am I believe a few young dinosaurs were likely on the ark and the dinosaur fossils found today are those that died during the FLOOD. And I would imagine that the fact that "dragon" was not an unknown designation would likely indicate that such creature existed along side man...
OK....so you do believe in exactly what the bible says, and in a young Earth.
Do you have a date for the Exodus? I want to discover that date if possible.

And do you accept all the 613 laws of Moses?
I don't have an exact date for the Exodus; however, I will do some research and get back to you. How ever many laws of GOD that exist Jesus Christ fulfilled them and Believers are covered under HIS blood. However, as a Believer I also know that the HOLY SPIRIT moves one to at least to love thy neighbor and try to please the LORD with my actions. Also I feel that many of the laws were given to the Jews as an illustration of the holiness of GOD and to demonstrate unworthiness and the inability to be perfect.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #255

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:53 am
I didn't tell you that Castro was a hero of mine, simply that he wasn't such a bad person.
But indeed, I am very careful about who I might choose to be any kind of a hero, but whomsoever I should pick there will be a journalist somewhere who is prepared to trash that choice.
Do you believe that?
I believe a few young dinosaurs were likely on the ark and the dinosaur fossils found today are those that died during the FLOOD. And I would imagine that the fact that "dragon" was not an unknown designation would likely indicate that such creature existed along side man...
You also believe that a snake and a donkey spoke, that a man lived in a fish for days and that long dead saints got out of their graves and walked Jerusalem. You will know them by their fruits as the Bible says.

To check for consistency, do you believe that Muhammed flew on a winged horse and that Lord Krishna and Lord Rama came to earth to live among men?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #256

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:34 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:53 am
Do you believe that?
You also believe that a snake and a donkey spoke, that a man lived in a fish for days and that long dead saints got out of their graves and walked Jerusalem. You will know them by their fruits as the Bible says.

To check for consistency, do you believe that Muhammed flew on a winged horse and that Lord Krishna and Lord Rama came to earth to live among men?
Jonah was in the great fish for the length of time JESUS remained in the tomb. It was a prophetic illustration. The long dead saints were released from paradise so that their spirits could return to GOD. The serpent was the devil in disguise. Adam and Eve saw the serpent as just another creation of GOD. As for the donkey, my cat certainly tells me when it's hungry. I'm sure a donkey would let it's owner know that an angel with a sword looked dangerous.
Why would Muhammed fly on a winged horse. What was the purpose? Why did Krishna and Rama come to live among men? What was their purpose?

oldbadger
Guru

Post #257

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:02 am
I don't have an exact date for the Exodus; however, I will do some research and get back to you.
That would be very useful.
How ever many laws of GOD that exist Jesus Christ fulfilled them and Believers are covered under HIS blood. However, as a Believer I also know that the HOLY SPIRIT moves one to at least to love thy neighbor and try to please the LORD with my actions. Also I feel that many of the laws were given to the Jews as an illustration of the holiness of GOD and to demonstrate unworthiness and the inability to be perfect.
Really? Can you think of one of the 613 OT laws that illustrated the holiness of God?

And do you think that Jesus fulfilled :-
Deuteronomy 22;8 When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.

That law still exists in our byelaws here today...... don't think Jesus fulffilled it much

Or :
Deuteronomy 25;4 {25:4} Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out [the corn.

I hardly think that Jesus would allow farmers to stop their from grazing and chewing as they work.

In fact I think that Jesus wanted all but the sacrificial laws returned for a more just and honest land for all.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #258

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:48 am
LittleNipper wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:02 am
I don't have an exact date for the Exodus; however, I will do some research and get back to you.
That would be very useful.
How ever many laws of GOD that exist Jesus Christ fulfilled them and Believers are covered under HIS blood. However, as a Believer I also know that the HOLY SPIRIT moves one to at least to love thy neighbor and try to please the LORD with my actions. Also I feel that many of the laws were given to the Jews as an illustration of the holiness of GOD and to demonstrate unworthiness and the inability to be perfect.
Really? Can you think of one of the 613 OT laws that illustrated the holiness of God?

And do you think that Jesus fulfilled :-
Deuteronomy 22;8 When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.

That law still exists in our byelaws here today...... don't think Jesus fulffilled it much

Or :
Deuteronomy 25;4 {25:4} Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out [the corn.

I hardly think that Jesus would allow farmers to stop their from grazing and chewing as they work.

In fact I think that Jesus wanted all but the sacrificial laws returned for a more just and honest land for all.
The MESSIAH fulfilled such by not contradicting nor participating in that field of endeavor. JESUS had been a builder/carpenter's stepson. Plus the MESSIAH shall return to set up HIS MILLENNIAL KINGDOM. We do not know everything that HE will accomplish as its ruler from Jerusalem.
Here is what is regarded as some evidence of the Exodus. I find it quite informative and reasonable. The Egyptians would have loathed the Hebrews for what they did to their nation, and would likely have strived to eradicate all evidence of them. However, some remains to this day: https://biblearchaeology.org/research/c ... d-the-exod

Clownboat
Savant

Post #259

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:28 pm Jonah was in the great fish for the length of time JESUS remained in the tomb. It was a prophetic illustration. The long dead saints were released from paradise so that their spirits could return to GOD. The serpent was the devil in disguise. Adam and Eve saw the serpent as just another creation of GOD. As for the donkey, my cat certainly tells me when it's hungry. I'm sure a donkey would let it's owner know that an angel with a sword looked dangerous.

LittleNipper wrote:Why would Muhammed fly on a winged horse. What was the purpose? Why did Krishna and Rama come to live among men? What was their purpose?
Clearly Muhammed flew on a winged horse to stop the talking donkey from throwing the talking snake in the belly of a fish while corpses walked Jerusalem. Everyone knows that corpses are scared of snakes after all!

I only know that religious people claim that Krishna and Rama came to earth. Just like it is only the religious that claim animals spoke and other impossibilities from their preferred holy books.

Checking for consistency... Are religious holy books a good place to learn about our physical world? Or is only your holy book to be trusted for some reason?

Any other questions?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #260

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:42 am The MESSIAH fulfilled such by not contradicting nor participating in that field of endeavor. JESUS had been a builder/carpenter's stepson. Plus the MESSIAH shall return to set up HIS MILLENNIAL KINGDOM. We do not know everything that HE will accomplish as its ruler from Jerusalem.
Here is what is regarded as some evidence of the Exodus. I find it quite informative and reasonable. The Egyptians would have loathed the Hebrews for what they did to their nation, and would likely have strived to eradicate all evidence of them. However, some remains to this day: https://biblearchaeology.org/research/c ... d-the-exod
For those interested or for those that care where the information is coming from...

Mission Statement
Associates for Biblical Research exists to serve the global Church of Jesus Christ through ministries that affirm and promote the full authority, reliability and inerrancy of the Scriptures. ABR’s teaching ministries include:...
https://biblearchaeology.org/about

Seems about as trustworthy as a site dedicated to server the global Church of Allah through ministries that affirm and promote the full authority, reliability and inerrancy of the Qu'ran.