"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #1

Post by Miles »

A delightful explanation of why the notion of a global flood---the Noachian Flood---doesn't make any sense.

Question: Is any of what Forrest Valkai, the host, said, wrong? If so, what and why?

oldbadger
Guru

Re: "A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #231

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:40 am Billy Graham also spoke about sin ----- something that cannot be candy coated nor simply shoved under the rug. One is poison and the other will wear the floor. Billy Graham on reading the Bible: https:// Billy Graham preaches from the OLD TESTAMENT: https.
Ah yes..... so Billy Graham preached about THE OLD TERSTAMENT (and sin).

But I don't think that you know any more about Old Testament Sin than you do the gospels, LN.

You probably reject 95% of Old Testament 'Sin' out of hand, but clutch to the rest desperately. Thing is, you probably don't know about the sins of the Old Testament.....have never read through them.

To keep the old laws exactly could build up a strong, secure, safe, healthy, close-knit and successful nation a few thousand years ago, but to ignore them meant hopeless failure. Sin simply led to failure, sickness, weakness. You should read about them in Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Numbers and parts of Exodus.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #232

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:52 pm The Bible came before The Lord of the Rings and copied it. It makes far more sense to be passionate about the Bible. As for Billy Graham, the Queen enjoyed him and so did I. The Bible explains what is now happening in Israel and why.
Huh? Just over 100 years ago the whole world became involved in a dreadful global war, millions died, and straight afterwards a horrid sickness sopread over the world and killed many more than even that Great War............. What did your bible tell you about that?

Every time that troubles spring up around the world some Christians start howling about end times. Very strange.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #233

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:34 am
LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:52 pm The Bible came before The Lord of the Rings and copied it. It makes far more sense to be passionate about the Bible. As for Billy Graham, the Queen enjoyed him and so did I. The Bible explains what is now happening in Israel and why.
Huh? Just over 100 years ago the whole world became involved in a dreadful global war, millions died, and straight afterwards a horrid sickness sopread over the world and killed many more than even that Great War............. What did your bible tell you about that?

Every time that troubles spring up around the world some Christians start howling about end times. Very strange.
Let's just say that the Great World War was worse than anything previously, and that the Second World War was far worse. Hitler was an Anti-Christ, and I feel that he is a precursor to what will be even worse when the real ANTICHRIST arrives on the scene. The First World War pushed the pro ZION movement and the Second World War created the state of Israel. And Trump, whether you like him or not isn't the issue. The election of Trump fostered the move of the US embassy to Jerusalem making Jerusalem the official capital of Israel and setting the stage for future Biblical prophetic events to come... Not so strange, but very disconcerting to secular thoughts that disregard Bible prophecy as balderdash. It happening faster and faster, and things that were once laughed at are not so funny anymore.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #234

Post by boatsnguitars »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:50 am
oldbadger wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:34 am

Let's just say that the Great World War was worse than anything previously, and that the Second World War was far worse. Hitler was an Anti-Christ, and I feel that he is a precursor to what will be even worse when the real ANTICHRIST arrives on the scene. The First World War pushed the pro ZION movement and the Second World War created the state of Israel. And Trump, whether you like him or not isn't the issue. The election of Trump fostered the move of the US embassy to Jerusalem making Jerusalem the official capital of Israel and setting the stage for future Biblical prophetic events to come... Not so strange, but very disconcerting to secular thoughts that disregard Bible prophecy as balderdash. It happening faster and faster, and things that were once laughed at are not so funny anymore.
Moving the Embassy didn't make Jerusalem the official capital of Israel! It was it's capital since 194 - from day one! It simply confirmed US's support of Israel. That wasn't in the Bible. It's so stupid it hurts. How in the world does someone think that US moving an embassy affects how another country considers it's capital?! It's proof that religious people don't care about truth, they only care about their narrative.
It's not even a clever narrative.
And, no, we're still laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. It's not funny because you guys take it so seriously and then use it to justify war. It's as if religious people are petty evil children: "Oh, yeah, if you don't believe in my God, then I'm going to kill you!"

I will point out, that you also seem to not recognize that if something is written in a book, that people can try to do what's in the book. It's not prophesy, then, is it?

"There and Back Again" prophesized that Hobbiton would be rebuilt, and it was. You can visit it in New Zealand.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

otseng
Savant

Post #235

Post by otseng »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:14 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:22 pm You are really not worth the trouble. Enjoy yourself.
No, you are repeating me. You can't even come up with something original. Aren't you a little embarrassed? I already called you out as unworthy of debate and you simply knee-jerked. It's rather pathetic.

Raise your game. You're arguing for Christ, for God's sake! CONVINCE US, FOR GOD's SAKE! We implore you!
:warning: Moderator Warning

This is a warning to both of you. Please cease from the personal comments.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #236

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:50 am Let's just say that the Great World War was worse than anything previously, and that the Second World War was far worse.
If you had lived during the great plague you would have pointed to that. etc etc.......
Christianity has been proclaiming the 'end days' for 2000 years..........!
Hitler was an Anti-Christ, and I feel that he is a precursor to what will be even worse when the real ANTICHRIST arrives on the scene.
Hitler had been an altar boy, and every soldier who served for him wore a belt buckle with a religious message for the Abrahamic God.
Hitler had probably read the Gospel of John which turned the enemies of Jesus from the Priesthood in to 'the Jews'.

You need to read the gospels to see how the story changes in each one.
The First World War pushed the pro ZION movement and the Second World War created the state of Israel. And Trump, whether you like him or not isn't the issue. The election of Trump fostered the move of the US embassy to Jerusalem making Jerusalem the official capital of Israel and setting the stage for future Biblical prophetic events to come...
Jerusalem has been the capitol of Israel/Palestine for nearly 2000 years.
Not so strange, but very disconcerting to secular thoughts that disregard Bible prophecy as balderdash. It happening faster and faster, and things that were once laughed at are not so funny anymore.
Oh dear......... Revelation was written by an author living on a prison island off Ephesus in the 1st century. A wild mushroom grows there with hallucinogenic properties. I've got a good idea about who was using those!

Jesus never said a word about any such things. You pay too much attention to to such drivvel and the letters of Paul, I expect. Paul never wrote a sentence about anything that Jesus ever said or did (apart from about the last hours and execution, etc)

You should read about what Jesus said and did........... just that and no more. The rest is rubbish, imo.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #237

Post by boatsnguitars »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:48 am
LittleNipper wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:50 am Let's just say that the Great World War was worse than anything previously, and that the Second World War was far worse.
If you had lived during the great plague you would have pointed to that. etc etc.......
Hitler was an Anti-Christ, and I feel that he is a precursor to what will be even worse when the real ANTICHRIST arrives on the scene.
Hitler had been an altar boy, and every soldier who served for him wore a belt buckle with a religious message for the Abrahamic God.
Hitler had probably read the Gospel of John which turned the enemies of Jesus from the Priesthood in to 'the Jews'.

The First World War pushed the pro ZION movement and the Second World War created the state of Israel. And Trump, whether you like him or not isn't the issue. The election of Trump fostered the move of the US embassy to Jerusalem making Jerusalem the official capital of Israel and setting the stage for future Biblical prophetic events to come...
Not so strange, but very disconcerting to secular thoughts that disregard Bible prophecy as balderdash. It happening faster and faster, and things that were once laughed at are not so funny anymore.
Oh dear......... Revelation was written by an author living on a prison island off Ephesus in the 1st century. A wild mushroom grows there with hallucinogenic properties. I've got a good idea about who was using those!

Jesus never said a word about any such things. You pay too much attention to to such drivvel and the letters of Paul, I expect. Paul never wrote a sentence about anything that Jesus ever said or did (apart from about the last hours and execution, etc)

You should read about what Jesus said and did........... just that and no more. The rest is rubbish, imo.
I worry about the connection between low education and the Right Wing, especially Trump talking points. People actually believe he's being targeted by the DoJ. Sure, like Al Capone...
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

oldbadger
Guru

Post #238

Post by oldbadger »

boatsnguitars wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:39 pm I worry about the connection between low education and the Right Wing, especially Trump talking points. People actually believe he's being targeted by the DoJ. Sure, like Al Capone...
I've always wondered about extreme white Christian nationalism, Trumpism and fascism because even educated people can be crazy or lack common sense.

Robert Reich describes who and what Trump is so well, if you enter this link in to your search engine (google?) you can listen to his short explanation.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XTJNy_OrjE&t=1s

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #239

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:48 am

I can imagine that half the atheists on this website were once altar boys. People are not saved because they are/were altar boys nor priests for that matter... Did you know that Castro was baptized as a child?
And as for Revelation, who did John see walking among the light stands. Who spoke to him. It was apparently JESUS CHRIST.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #240

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:18 pm I can imagine that half the atheists on this website were once altar boys. People are not saved because they are/were altar boys nor priests for that matter...
If any here were ever altar boys, please let us know.
Did you know that Castro was baptized as a child?
So what? Castro is still held in great respect by his people............ Not such a bad person, really.
And as for Revelation, who did John see walking among the light stands. Who spoke to him. It was apparently JESUS CHRIST.
No Jesus that I ever read about......
Revelation: . {1:12} And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; {1:13} And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. {1:14} His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; {1:15} And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they
burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. {1:16} And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength. {1:17} And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: {1:18} I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Two edged sword? Not very nice. I seriously think that the writer was under the effects of an hallucinogenic mushroom that grows wild on that penal Island off Ephesia. That is where Revelation was written.