"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #1

Post by Miles »

A delightful explanation of why the notion of a global flood---the Noachian Flood---doesn't make any sense.

Question: Is any of what Forrest Valkai, the host, said, wrong? If so, what and why?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: "A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #271

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:02 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:56 pm Mohammad brought no honor to GOD by his flight. He was promoting himself and made up this story to be revered.
You're talking about Mahammad, I'm talking about Mohammed who clearly flew on the winged horse to being honor to Allah, the one true God.
I like your style of debate. It's easy! 8-)

Next...
When has flying on a winged horse brought honor to anyone other than its supposed rider?

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #272

Post by boatsnguitars »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:26 am
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:56 pm Mohammad brought no honor to GOD by his flight. He was promoting himself and made up this story to be revered.
You're talking about Mahammad, I'm talking about Mohammed who clearly flew on the winged horse to being honor to Allah, the one true God.

Next...
When has flying on a winged horse brought honor to anyone other than its supposed rider?
When hasn't it brought honor to Allah? Maybe you haven't been taught that the two are synonymous? One has to be taught to recognize the signs. Like Jesus washing feet: I could ask, "When has that ever brought honor to someone?!"
You'd respond by saying, "You'd have to understand the context! It was considered a great honor! By Jesus washing the persons feet it brought honor to God to show how Jesus thought to highly of even the lowest individual!"

Religion is all signs and narrative. You have to be brought up in the religion to understand it all. It's all pretty basic stuff.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #273

Post by LittleNipper »

boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:47 am
LittleNipper wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:26 am

Next...
When hasn't it brought honor to Allah? Maybe you haven't been taught that the two are synonymous? One has to be taught to recognize the signs. Like Jesus washing feet: I could ask, "When has that ever brought honor to someone?!"
You'd respond by saying, "You'd have to understand the context! It was considered a great honor! By Jesus washing the persons feet it brought honor to God to show how Jesus thought to highly of even the lowest individual!"

Religion is all signs and narrative. You have to be brought up in the religion to understand it all. It's all pretty basic stuff.
A Muslim finds freedom...

otseng
Savant

Post #274

Post by otseng »

[Replying to LittleNipper in post #273]

Moderator Comment

The thread has really gotten off-topic. Please also do not post with simply providing a video.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.