"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #1

Post by Miles »

A delightful explanation of why the notion of a global flood---the Noachian Flood---doesn't make any sense.

Question: Is any of what Forrest Valkai, the host, said, wrong? If so, what and why?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: "A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #261

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:57 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:42 am The MESSIAH fulfilled such by not contradicting nor participating in that field of endeavor. JESUS had been a builder/carpenter's stepson. Plus the MESSIAH shall return to set up HIS MILLENNIAL KINGDOM. We do not know everything that HE will accomplish as its ruler from Jerusalem.
Here is what is regarded as some evidence of the Exodus. I find it quite informative and reasonable. The Egyptians would have loathed the Hebrews for what they did to their nation, and would likely have strived to eradicate all evidence of them. However, some remains to this day: https://biblearchaeology.org/research/c ... d-the-exod
For those interested or for those that care where the information is coming from...

Mission Statement
Associates for Biblical Research exists to serve the global Church of Jesus Christ through ministries that affirm and promote the full authority, reliability and inerrancy of the Scriptures. ABR’s teaching ministries include:...
https://biblearchaeology.org/about

Seems about as trustworthy as a site dedicated to server the global Church of Allah through ministries that affirm and promote the full authority, reliability and inerrancy of the Qu'ran.
I would have to totally disagree. I would submit that the Bible is ultimately the story of the MESSIAH/CHRIST/SAVIOR and HIS relationship to humanity, while the Quran promotes Muhammad.
Last edited by LittleNipper on Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #262

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:52 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:28 pm Jonah was in the great fish for the length of time JESUS remained in the tomb. It was a prophetic illustration. The long dead saints were released from paradise so that their spirits could return to GOD. The serpent was the devil in disguise. Adam and Eve saw the serpent as just another creation of GOD. As for the donkey, my cat certainly tells me when it's hungry. I'm sure a donkey would let it's owner know that an angel with a sword looked dangerous.

LittleNipper wrote:Why would Muhammed fly on a winged horse. What was the purpose? Why did Krishna and Rama come to live among men? What was their purpose?
Clearly Muhammed flew on a winged horse to stop the talking donkey from throwing the talking snake in the belly of a fish while corpses walked Jerusalem. Everyone knows that corpses are scared of snakes after all!

I only know that religious people claim that Krishna and Rama came to earth. Just like it is only the religious that claim animals spoke and other impossibilities from their preferred holy books.

Checking for consistency... Are religious holy books a good place to learn about our physical world? Or is only your holy book to be trusted for some reason?

Any other questions?
I feel that you need to do more honest research on this topic.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #263

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:37 pm I feel that you need to do more honest research on this topic.
What you feel is irrelevant. What you can show or suggest is relevant and facts don't care about your feelings.

Readers, note the question LittleNipper was unwilling to answer:
"Checking for consistency... Are religious holy books a good place to learn about our physical world? Or is only your holy book to be trusted for some reason?"

I would probably want to dodge such a reveling question too if I were in LittleNipper's shoes.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #264

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:48 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:37 pm I feel that you need to do more honest research on this topic.
What you feel is irrelevant. What you can show or suggest is relevant and facts don't care about your feelings.

Readers, note the question LittleNipper was unwilling to answer:
"Checking for consistency... Are religious holy books a good place to learn about our physical world? Or is only your holy book to be trusted for some reason?"

I would probably want to dodge such a reveling question too if I were in LittleNipper's shoes.
Your opinions are irrelevant. The Bible is a good place to start to learn about our physical world because it was inspired by our CREATOR. And the Bible is the only scripture that claims to have been inspired by the intervention of GOD. But this said, you failed to explain why Mohammad flew on Pegasus? You instead made a joke and that is a sign of not having a clue...

Tcg
Savant

Post #265

Post by Tcg »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:36 pm You instead made a joke and that is a sign of not having a clue...
Moderator Comment

Please tone down the incivility.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #266

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:36 pm Your opinions are irrelevant.
Please point to the opinion of mine that you find irrelevant so I can amend it or correct my thinking.
The Bible is a good place to start to learn about our physical world because it was inspired by our CREATOR.
Please show that you speak the truth.
And the Bible is the only scripture that claims to have been inspired by the intervention of GOD.

I wish you knew more about what you debate...
Muslims believe that the Quran was orally revealed by God to the final prophet, Muhammad, through the archangel Gabriel.

Now try to understand why you are not impressed with this claim about the Quran and perhaps you will begin to understand why your words are also not impressive or meaningful.
But this said, you failed to explain why Mohammad flew on Pegasus?

He flew on it to get from Mecca to Jerusalem. Surely you could have checked the internet for this answer if you really cared. Why didn't you, because you don't care perhaps? I find your complaint to be odd.
You instead made a joke and that is a sign of not having a clue...
That is not a logical conclusion you just made. Making jokes is in fact not a sign that someone doesn't have a clue. Besides that, I'd wager I have forgotten more about the Bible (and competing religions) than you have ever known about either. You claiming I don't have a clue and myself claiming my Biblical knowledge doesn't advance debate though. Addressing debate questions does and we should stick to that IMO.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #267

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:08 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:36 pm Your opinions are irrelevant.
Please point to the opinion of mine that you find irrelevant so I can amend it or correct my thinking.
The Bible is a good place to start to learn about our physical world because it was inspired by our CREATOR.
Please show that you speak the truth.
And the Bible is the only scripture that claims to have been inspired by the intervention of GOD.

I wish you knew more about what you debate...
Muslims believe that the Quran was orally revealed by God to the final prophet, Muhammad, through the archangel Gabriel.

Now try to understand why you are not impressed with this claim about the Quran and perhaps you will begin to understand why your words are also not impressive or meaningful.
But this said, you failed to explain why Mohammad flew on Pegasus?

He flew on it to get from Mecca to Jerusalem. Surely you could have checked the internet for this answer if you really cared. Why didn't you, because you don't care perhaps? I find your complaint to be odd.
You instead made a joke and that is a sign of not having a clue...
That is not a logical conclusion you just made. Making jokes is in fact not a sign that someone doesn't have a clue. Besides that, I'd wager I have forgotten more about the Bible (and competing religions) than you have ever known about either. You claiming I don't have a clue and myself claiming my Biblical knowledge doesn't advance debate though. Addressing debate questions does and we should stick to that IMO.
The key to proving the truth of the Bible is found in the Bible. Even Gideon knew that prayer is the key to unlock the knowledge regarding the reality of GOD. So, I will ask again: Why did Mahammad ride in on Pegasus? Did that bring honor to GOD or Mahammad?

Clownboat
Savant

Post #268

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:58 am The key to proving the truth of the Bible is found in the Bible.
No it isn't.
Even Gideon knew that prayer is the key to unlock the knowledge regarding the reality of GOD.
Prayer doesn't unlock the knowledge regarding the reality of any god. Prayer has been shown to be ineffective. It's a self serving way to make yourself feel like you are helping someone without actually helping them.

Oh, you broke both of your arms and are having a hard time cooking you say? I'll pray for you.
(Social media post): Pray for the victims of 'X' is basically just a 'don't forget about me' post.
So, I will ask again: Why did Mahammad ride in on Pegasus? Did that bring honor to GOD or Mahammad?
He flew on it to get from Mecca to Jerusalem and it brought all sorts of honor to the one true God of the universe.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #269

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:34 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:58 am The key to proving the truth of the Bible is found in the Bible.
No it isn't.
Even Gideon knew that prayer is the key to unlock the knowledge regarding the reality of GOD.
Prayer doesn't unlock the knowledge regarding the reality of any god. Prayer has been shown to be ineffective. It's a self serving way to make yourself feel like you are helping someone without actually helping them.

Oh, you broke both of your arms and are having a hard time cooking you say? I'll pray for you.
(Social media post): Pray for the victims of 'X' is basically just a 'don't forget about me' post.
So, I will ask again: Why did Mahammad ride in on Pegasus? Did that bring honor to GOD or Mahammad?
He flew on it to get from Mecca to Jerusalem and it brought all sorts of honor to the one true God of the universe.
Mahammad brought no honor to GOD by his flight. He was promoting himself and made up this story to be revered.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #270

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:56 pm Mahammad brought no honor to GOD by his flight. He was promoting himself and made up this story to be revered.
You're talking about Mahammad, I'm talking about Mohammed who clearly flew on the winged horse to being honor to Allah, the one true God.
I like your style of debate. It's easy! 8-)

Next...