"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #1

Post by Miles »

A delightful explanation of why the notion of a global flood---the Noachian Flood---doesn't make any sense.

Question: Is any of what Forrest Valkai, the host, said, wrong? If so, what and why?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: "A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #241

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:50 am
LittleNipper wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:18 pm I can imagine that half the atheists on this website were once altar boys. People are not saved because they are/were altar boys nor priests for that matter...
If any here were ever altar boys, please let us know.
Did you know that Castro was baptized as a child?
So what? Castro is still held in great respect by his people............ Not such a bad person, really.
And as for Revelation, who did John see walking among the light stands. Who spoke to him. It was apparently JESUS CHRIST.
No Jesus that I ever read about......
Revelation: . {1:12} And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; {1:13} And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. {1:14} His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; {1:15} And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they
burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. {1:16} And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength. {1:17} And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: {1:18} I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Two edged sword? Not very nice. I seriously think that the writer was under the effects of an hallucinogenic mushroom that grows wild on that penal Island off Ephesia. That is where Revelation was written.
You do like to pick and choose your heroes: https://blog.independent.org/2016/11/27 ... txEALw_wcB

oldbadger
Guru

Post #242

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:34 am
You do like to pick and choose your heroes:
I didn't tell you that Castro was a hero of mine, simply that he wasn't such a bad person.
But indeed, I am very careful about who I might choose to be any kind of a hero, but whomsoever I should pick there will be a journalist somewhere who is prepared to trash that choice.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #243

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:09 am
LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:34 am
You do like to pick and choose your heroes:
I didn't tell you that Castro was a hero of mine, simply that he wasn't such a bad person.
But indeed, I am very careful about who I might choose to be any kind of a hero, but whomsoever I should pick there will be a journalist somewhere who is prepared to trash that choice.
Castro was a dictator. That doesn't make him a nice person. That makes him self-righteous, and that isn't good by any stretch of the imagination.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #244

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:45 pm Castro was a dictator. That doesn't make him a nice person. That makes him self-righteous, and that isn't good by any stretch of the imagination.
While many and most dictators become corrupted by their power, Castro seemed to serve Cuba for his whole life.

Question:- What do you think of your recent US Presidents? What do you think of your State Governors? Just asking.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #245

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:49 am
LittleNipper wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:45 pm Castro was a dictator. That doesn't make him a nice person. That makes him self-righteous, and that isn't good by any stretch of the imagination.
While many and most dictators become corrupted by their power, Castro seemed to serve Cuba for his whole life.

Question:- What do you think of your recent US Presidents? What do you think of your State Governors? Just asking.
Personally, I feel that many that would have made the BEST Presidents and Governors were likely those not elected, because they didn't play the party line nor seek to be popular. They wanted to do what was right.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #246

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:51 am

Personally, I feel that many that would have made the BEST Presidents and Governors were likely those not elected, because they didn't play the party line nor seek to be popular. They wanted to do what was right.
So you see? You could not name one present or past President or State Governor whom you respect.
....no point in picking on Castro. :D

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #247

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:58 am
LittleNipper wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:51 am

So you see? You could not name one present or past President or State Governor whom you respect.
....no point in picking on Castro. :D
I respect all Presidents because of the office that they hold. However, I particularly respect GRORGE WASHINGTON, ABRAHAM LINCOLN, and THEODORE ROOSEVELT.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #248

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:52 am I respect all Presidents because of the office that they hold. However, I particularly respect GRORGE WASHINGTON, ABRAHAM LINCOLN, and THEODORE ROOSEVELT.
OK....so no presidents from the last 90 years. You cannot have much faith in your country's leaders.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #249

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:47 am
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:52 am I respect all Presidents because of the office that they hold. However, I particularly respect GRORGE WASHINGTON, ABRAHAM LINCOLN, and THEODORE ROOSEVELT.
OK....so no presidents from the last 90 years. You cannot have much faith in your country's leaders.
My faith is in the LORD and I pray for the President in office.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #250

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:47 am
My faith is in the LORD and I pray for the President that's in office. I did like Bush and Reagan, but what does all this have to do with the Flood?