Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

The better half of the joke

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

... is that evolutionists not only say that some animal species come from previous ones, but they also say that each plant species comes from another previous one (or that they used to say BEFORE)... This, after, according to them, plants stopped living in the water to start living on land... kind of like when fish ceasing to be aquatic to become semi-terrestrial amphibians ... or humans stopped living in caves to start building houses :D

Did you know this part of the story? It is never ending.

Do you think that the millions of years that the planet has existed are enough for so many SUPERDUPERULTRASLOW transformations that these scientists talk about?

brunumb
Savant

Re: The better half of the joke

Post #111

Post by brunumb »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:50 pm I'll tell you that GOD was/is in control and did what was necessary for their survival.
It's a pity that none of it is in the story, because it all sounds like it was just made up without any consideration of the finer points needed to make it work. If God was involved in all these shenanigans, then he comes across as something of a giant doofus.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #112

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:26 pm JESUS the CHRIST claimed to be GOD.
Nope, he didn't. Jesus wrote nothing down sadly. Wouldn't it be cool to read actual words from this Jesus person?
Satan has been trying to destroy Israel since Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Satan is not trying to destroy Israel, sorry. Satan is one of the protagonist in religious promotional material that we call the Bible.
To this very day, nations have been trying to destroy Israel because Satan realizes that all the prophecies of the Bible rest upon the continued existence of Israel.
I find it very odd that you believe that Israel has enemies because of a Satan concept. All nations have enemies. No Satans are needed.

IMO, your thought process is no different then that of humans from thousands of years ago:
See that tribe over there? Our gods have informed our shamans that they are evil. We are to kill them and take their women and livestock because of their evil ways.
Numbers 31:18 Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
Well wadda know!
Christianity is a personal relationship with GOD through the sacrifice of LORD JESUS CHRIST by the indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Human sacrifice has literally nothing to do with personal relationships. :shock:
Nothing else is necessary.
The ability to communicate in a personal way is necessary. Something that all god relationships lack. Therefore, you are once again just wrong.
Not even Seneca.
Correct, not even Seneca is needed for a personal relationship, but that would be an odd argument for a human to make don't you think? So why suggest such a thing?

This site is not meant to be a platform for religious people to preach from, but I note that the religious more often get banned for not being able to follow forum rules. Does that surprise you at all to learn that people with a god on their side struggle so much with this? I would think it would be those darned atheists that would struggle. :-k
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #113

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:57 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:26 pm JESUS the CHRIST claimed to be GOD.
Nope, he didn't. Jesus wrote nothing down sadly. Wouldn't it be cool to read actual words from this Jesus person?
Satan has been trying to destroy Israel since Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Satan is not trying to destroy Israel, sorry. Satan is one of the protagonist in religious promotional material that we call the Bible.
To this very day, nations have been trying to destroy Israel because Satan realizes that all the prophecies of the Bible rest upon the continued existence of Israel.
I find it very odd that you believe that Israel has enemies because of a Satan concept. All nations have enemies. No Satans are needed.

IMO, your thought process is no different then that of humans from thousands of years ago:
See that tribe over there? Our gods have informed our shamans that they are evil. We are to kill them and take their women and livestock because of their evil ways.
Numbers 31:18 Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
Well wadda know!
Christianity is a personal relationship with GOD through the sacrifice of LORD JESUS CHRIST by the indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Human sacrifice has literally nothing to do with personal relationships. :shock:
Nothing else is necessary.
The ability to communicate in a personal way is necessary. Something that all god relationships lack. Therefore, you are once again just wrong.
Not even Seneca.
Correct, not even Seneca is needed for a personal relationship, but that would be an odd argument for a human to make don't you think? So why suggest such a thing?

This site is not meant to be a platform for religious people to preach from, but I note that the religious more often get banned for not being able to follow forum rules. Does that surprise you at all to learn that people with a god on their side struggle so much with this? I would think it would be those darned atheists that would struggle. :-k
This is all a dilemma for you. An atheist is going to speak in secular terms, and unless he is applying foul language, the atheist may just run off at the mouth or quote any other secular humanist and get away with it. A Christian is going to quote the Bible because that is where the Christian is grounded. It's his foundation; however, except for the pretty pictures on the lead in page the secular individual has an advantage and the humanists want to turn off any real dialogue that makes them feel uneasy, and their excuse is that it's proselytizing or it's Bible quotes... The only way anyone may be saved is by the shedding of blood. Hebrews 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

This JESUS the MESSIAH accomplish to perfection as only GOD can do. John 10:30, Jesus said, “I and the Father are one.” The Jews who heard Him make that statement knew well that He was claiming to be God, as witnessed by their reaction: “His Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him” (John 10:31). When He asked them why they were attempting to stone Him, they said, “For blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). Stoning was the penalty for blasphemy (Leviticus 24:16), and the Jews plainly accused Jesus of claiming to be God.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #114

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:22 pm This is all a dilemma for you. An atheist is going to speak in secular terms, and unless he is applying foul language, the atheist may just run off at the mouth or quote any other secular humanist and get away with it.
I'm a former tongue talking, street evangelizing Christian of over 2 decades. This is not a dilemma for me.
A Christian is going to quote the Bible because that is where the Christian is grounded.
And a Muslim will quote the Quran.
And a Hindu the Veda.
Not sure what point you are trying to make by noting that the religious quote from their holy books. This info is already known.
It's his foundation; however, except for the pretty pictures on the lead in page the secular individual has an advantage and the humanists want to turn off any real dialogue that makes them feel uneasy, and their excuse is that it's proselytizing or it's Bible quotes...

Noting that someone is quoting religious promotional material is a fact, not an excuse.
The only way anyone may be saved is by the shedding of blood. Hebrews 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Then you need to learn your book.
Matthew 6:14-15 (14) For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, (15) but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life.
Paul is all about blood, Jesus isn't. Have you read the book?
These are words attributed to Jesus by the way. You are quoting Paul and Jesus would be rolling in his grave IMO if he had known what Paul did to his message.
This JESUS the MESSIAH accomplish to perfection as only GOD can do.
And yet you seem to ignore words attributed to him in favor or Paul. Do you actually think Jesus would approve of this? I don't.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #115

Post by The Barbarian »

brunumb wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:59 am
Eloi wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:21 pm To this day no fossils have been found to show that they have been slowly transforming into some other animal than what they were before.
That's because there was no evolutionary pressure resulting in any significant change. Evolution doesn't just 'happen'. Please enlighten yourself on what drives evolution and you might then understand why there are organisms that have changed very little over eons.
As Darwin pointed out, a well-adapted population in a constant environment would be kept from evolving much, by natural selection.

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #116

Post by The Barbarian »

Eloi wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:48 pm The truth of it all is that that story has no support in the fossil record )
Well, let's ask a knowledgeable YE creationist.

Dr. Kurt Wise:
Evidences for Darwin’s second expectation — of stratomorphic intermediate species —
include such species as Baragwanathia27 (between rhyniophytes and lycopods), Pikaia28 (between echinoderms and chordates), Purgatorius29 (between the tree shrews and the primates), and Proconsul30 (between the non-hominoid primates and the hominoids). Darwin’s third expectation — of higher-taxon stratomorphic intermediates — has been confirmed by such examples as the mammal-like reptile groups31 between the reptiles and the mammals, and the phenacodontids32 between the horses and their presumed ancestors. Darwin’s fourth expectation — of stratomorphic series — has been confirmed by such examples as the early bird series,33 the tetrapod series,34,35 the whale series,36 the various mammal series of the Cenozoic37 (for example, the horse series, the camel series, the elephant series, the pig series, the titanothere series, etc.), the Cantius and Plesiadapus primate series,38 and the hominid series.39 Evidence for not just one but for all three of the species level and above types of stratomorphic intermediates expected by macroevolutionary theory is surely strong evidence for macroevolutionary theory. Creationists therefore need to accept this fact.

Kurt Wise, Toward a Creationist Understanding of Transitional Forms.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #117

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:11 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:22 pm This is all a dilemma for you. An atheist is going to speak in secular terms, and unless he is applying foul language, the atheist may just run off at the mouth or quote any other secular humanist and get away with it.
I'm a former tongue talking, street evangelizing Christian of over 2 decades. This is not a dilemma for me.
A Christian is going to quote the Bible because that is where the Christian is grounded.
And a Muslim will quote the Quran.
And a Hindu the Veda.
Not sure what point you are trying to make by noting that the religious quote from their holy books. This info is already known.
It's his foundation; however, except for the pretty pictures on the lead in page the secular individual has an advantage and the humanists want to turn off any real dialogue that makes them feel uneasy, and their excuse is that it's proselytizing or it's Bible quotes...

Noting that someone is quoting religious promotional material is a fact, not an excuse.
The only way anyone may be saved is by the shedding of blood. Hebrews 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Then you need to learn your book.
Matthew 6:14-15 (14) For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, (15) but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life.
Paul is all about blood, Jesus isn't. Have you read the book?
These are words attributed to Jesus by the way. You are quoting Paul and Jesus would be rolling in his grave IMO if he had known what Paul did to his message.
This JESUS the MESSIAH accomplish to perfection as only GOD can do.
And yet you seem to ignore words attributed to him in favor or Paul. Do you actually think Jesus would approve of this? I don't.
Paul was/is a child of GOD. Jesus also said in Matthew 26:26-28
26 And as they were eating, JESUS took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27 And HE took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is MY blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

I do forgive you for your trespasses towards me ------ do you forgive me?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #118

Post by LittleNipper »

The Barbarian wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:09 pm
Eloi wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:48 pm The truth of it all is that that story has no support in the fossil record )
Well, let's ask a knowledgeable YE creationist.

Dr. Kurt Wise:
Evidences for Darwin’s second expectation — of stratomorphic intermediate species —
include such species as Baragwanathia27 (between rhyniophytes and lycopods), Pikaia28 (between echinoderms and chordates), Purgatorius29 (between the tree shrews and the primates), and Proconsul30 (between the non-hominoid primates and the hominoids). Darwin’s third expectation — of higher-taxon stratomorphic intermediates — has been confirmed by such examples as the mammal-like reptile groups31 between the reptiles and the mammals, and the phenacodontids32 between the horses and their presumed ancestors. Darwin’s fourth expectation — of stratomorphic series — has been confirmed by such examples as the early bird series,33 the tetrapod series,34,35 the whale series,36 the various mammal series of the Cenozoic37 (for example, the horse series, the camel series, the elephant series, the pig series, the titanothere series, etc.), the Cantius and Plesiadapus primate series,38 and the hominid series.39 Evidence for not just one but for all three of the species level and above types of stratomorphic intermediates expected by macroevolutionary theory is surely strong evidence for macroevolutionary theory. Creationists therefore need to accept this fact.

Kurt Wise, Toward a Creationist Understanding of Transitional Forms.
Similarities between species speak only of a singular CREATOR who initially designed everything in harmony with each other to work together for the good of humanity in the environment HE established. Satan entices man to believe that it is man who possess understanding and GOD attempts to keep the knowledge hidden from man.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #119

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:32 am Paul was/is a child of GOD. Jesus also said in Matthew 26:26-28
26 And as they were eating, JESUS took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27 And HE took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is MY blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Thanks for ignoring my words and quoting the Bible at me. :roll:
I do forgive you for your trespasses towards me ------ do you forgive me?
I have trespassed against you?
Why do you need forgiveness from me?

This is all very strange!

Clownboat
Savant

Post #120

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:44 am Similarities between species speak only of a singular CREATOR who initially designed everything in harmony with each other to work together for the good of humanity in the environment HE established.
You only pretend that similarity between species speaks ONLY of a singular creator.
This is what I mean when people pretend to know things via faith. It stops all future learning. You'll never allow yourself to learn about speciation if you pretend to know already.
Satan entices man to believe that it is man who possess understanding
Got it! So statements like below should be ignored, right?
Similarities between species speak only of a singular CREATOR who initially designed everything in harmony with each other to work together for the good of humanity in the environment HE established.
and GOD attempts to keep the knowledge hidden from man.
And yet you seem to pretend to have knowledge about species and how your preferred god concept created them...

Until you show some Satan, you might as well be threating us with the boogieman! We are adults here... not children. Can you not do better?