Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

The better half of the joke

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

... is that evolutionists not only say that some animal species come from previous ones, but they also say that each plant species comes from another previous one (or that they used to say BEFORE)... This, after, according to them, plants stopped living in the water to start living on land... kind of like when fish ceasing to be aquatic to become semi-terrestrial amphibians ... or humans stopped living in caves to start building houses :D

Did you know this part of the story? It is never ending.

Do you think that the millions of years that the planet has existed are enough for so many SUPERDUPERULTRASLOW transformations that these scientists talk about?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: The better half of the joke

Post #141

Post by LittleNipper »

The Barbarian wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:15 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:03 pm BUT, it isn't based on the existence of GOD. With GOD all things are possible. And without GOD nothing is possible that is.
All things are possible with God. That doesn't mean that God did whatever you want Him to do.
However, I can certainly believe that GOD did everything that HE revealed that HE accomplished through inspiration in HIS word known as the Bible.

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #142

Post by The Barbarian »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:33 am
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:03 pm BUT, it isn't based on the existence of GOD. With GOD all things are possible. And without GOD nothing is possible that is.
All things are possible with God. That doesn't mean that God did whatever you want Him to do.
However, I can certainly believe that GOD did everything that HE revealed that HE accomplished through inspiration in HIS word known as the Bible.
The problem comes in when creationists add things to the Bible and then declare that God said it.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #143

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:33 am
That's because you are using faith. Faith allows for the belief in anything, even untrue things.
I can believe the moon is made of cheese, or that Big Foot is real, but is blurry... if I were to use faith.

Thanks for sharing your faith based beliefs though. :yawn:
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #144

Post by The Barbarian »

Eloi wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:33 pm The fact that the time of the planet's existence and the fossil records found DO NOT SUPPORT a tree-shaped evolution, scientists speculate about genomic explosions, in which suddenly many different species arise at the same time for some reason that they continue to investigate. ;) That is until they find the next problem, and then the next, and then the next... and we'll see how far and until when, the Creator of all lets them go.

That is, from my point of view, the clearest evidence that the theory of evolution will never be proven.
Well, that seems like a testable assumption. Putting aside that "proof" in the strict sense can't be done by science, let's take a look at the claims of evolutionary theory:

1. More are born than can survive long enough to reproduce.
2. Each individual is somewhat different from its parents.
3. Some of these differences affect the likelihood of living long enough to reproduce.
4. The useful differences tend to accumulate over time, and speciation results.

Which of these claims has not been verified?