Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

The better half of the joke

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

... is that evolutionists not only say that some animal species come from previous ones, but they also say that each plant species comes from another previous one (or that they used to say BEFORE)... This, after, according to them, plants stopped living in the water to start living on land... kind of like when fish ceasing to be aquatic to become semi-terrestrial amphibians ... or humans stopped living in caves to start building houses :D

Did you know this part of the story? It is never ending.

Do you think that the millions of years that the planet has existed are enough for so many SUPERDUPERULTRASLOW transformations that these scientists talk about?

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Re: The better half of the joke

Post #131

Post by boatsnguitars »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:03 pm
DrNoGods wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:52 pm [Replying to LittleNipper in post #128]
I realize that the evolutionists believe hippos and whales evolved from the same ancestor. My guess is that is because they both love the water ---- a rather stupid invention on their part.
If that was actually the reason evolutionists (you finally used the word correctly) believe that hippos and whales evolved from the same ancestor, you'd be right. But that is not at all why they think this is how whales evolved. Here's a better explanation that is not so simpleminded and is actually based on evidence:

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/what-are ... of-whales/
BUT, it isn't based on the existence of GOD. With GOD all things are possible. And without GOD nothing is possible that is.
How do you know all things are possible with a god? How do you know nothing is possible without one? It seems you are simply regurgitating something someone said to you, without any understanding of whether it's true or not.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Clownboat
Savant

Post #132

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:20 pm I realize that the evolutionists believe hippos and whales evolved from the same ancestor. My guess is that is because they both love the water ---- a rather stupid invention on their part.
First of all, you are talking about biologists, people that have dedicated their lives to studying such things.

Secondly, it is your assuming (your guessing) to have an answer that has stopped you from learning. The most important words a human that wants to learn can utter are: "I don't know". That is when learning can begin.

It was my religious upbringing that prevented my initial learning about how populations of animals change over time, because I pretended to 'know' an answer to something I in fact knew so little about. Being set free from my religious beliefs was one of the hardest things I have gone through, but also the most important when it came to learning how things work.

Perhaps you will also be set free someday and will then be able to learn as to why biologist currently believe that whales and hippos shared a common ancestor? :wish:
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #133

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:03 pm BUT, it isn't based on the existence of GOD. With GOD all things are possible. And without GOD nothing is possible that is.
This is nothing but your personal statement of faith. More fit to be yelled from a soap box on a street corner than in a debate setting.

However, since you don't seem interested in debating, let's examine your words:
With GOD all things are possible.
Can this god assist you with debate? Currently you don't suggest any god concept is making debate possible.
And without GOD nothing is possible that is.
Atheists, those that reject all available god concepts like yourself (they just take it one god concept further) can do all sorts of things. Therefore things are possible without this claimed god concept you mention.

Your words have been put to the test and have been shown to not be accurate.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #134

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:43 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:03 pm BUT, it isn't based on the existence of GOD. With GOD all things are possible. And without GOD nothing is possible that is.
This is nothing but your personal statement of faith. More fit to be yelled from a soap box on a street corner than in a debate setting.

Can this god assist you with debate? Currently you don't suggest any god concept is making debate possible.
Atheists, those that reject all available god concepts like yourself (they just take it one god concept further) can do all sorts of things. Therefore things are possible without this claimed god concept you mention.

Well, it would seem that we are having a debate, and so I've passed your test... Please explain to me what is presently happening in Israel and why does the Bible predicts that such would be happening. I mean according to secular reasoning, Israel shouldn't even be the factor that it is. Now, this ties to the topic at hand because since the Bible is prophetically correct regarding the obscure nation that suddenly reappeared nearly 2000 years after its dispersement in 70 AD ---- only to be in the center stage of everything that seem to be happening NOW ------ what is preventing the Bible from being totally correct in other aspects...

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #135

Post by The Barbarian »

DrNoGods wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:52 pm If that was actually the reason evolutionists (you finally used the word correctly) believe that hippos and whales evolved from the same ancestor, you'd be right. But that is not at all why they think this is how whales evolved. Here's a better explanation that is not so simpleminded and is actually based on evidence:

It is true that some of the very early land ancestors of whales were water-adapted, but it's genetics and certain homologies that show hippos and whales to be close relatives. Well said.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #136

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:38 pm
Clownboat wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:43 pm

Well, it would seem that we are having a debate, and so I've passed your test... Please explain to me what is presently happening in Israel and why does the Bible predicts that such would be happening. I mean according to secular reasoning, Israel shouldn't even be the factor that it is. Now, this ties to the topic at hand because since the Bible is prophetically correct regarding the obscure nation that suddenly reappeared nearly 2000 years after its dispersement in 70 AD ---- only to be in the center stage of everything that seem to be happening NOW ------ what is preventing the Bible from being totally correct in other aspects...
Your words were put to the test and were shown to not be accurate. Now you attempt to distract away from your failing by bringing up Israel. This might work in Sunday school with children, but not here.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #137

Post by LittleNipper »

The Barbarian wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:48 pm
DrNoGods wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:52 pm If that was actually the reason evolutionists (you finally used the word correctly) believe that hippos and whales evolved from the same ancestor, you'd be right. But that is not at all why they think this is how whales evolved. Here's a better explanation that is not so simpleminded and is actually based on evidence:

It is true that some of the very early land ancestors of whales were water-adapted, but it's genetics and certain homologies that show hippos and whales to be close relatives. Well said.
So? Believe what you wish but it's all foolishness when one does any consideration. Note the following from the horse's mouth (maybe he's related to a horse?) :

brunumb
Savant

Post #138

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to LittleNipper in post #137]

Neil deGrasse Tyson believes that if a man puts on some lipstick, a wig and a frock, he's well on the way to being a woman. Epic credibility fail.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #139

Post by The Barbarian »

LittleNipper wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:44 am
The Barbarian wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:48 pm

So? Believe what you wish but it's all foolishness when one does any consideration. Note the following from the horse's mouth (maybe he's related to a horse?) :
You think an astrophysicist is an expert on genetics? No wonder you believe in creationism. In fact, every human on Earth has different DNA. Even "identical twins" aren't quite identical genetically. Human DNA and banana DNA are more similar than either is similar to bacterial DNA because humans and banana plants are eukaryotes. Take a look at the DNA phylogenies of living things:

Notice that eukaryotes (organisms with nucleii in cells) are one of three domains. The other two are bacteria and archaea which are prokaryotes without nucleii. Archaea are pretty much like bacteria, but are genetically closer to eukaryotes than they are to bacteria.

Edit: I very much doubt if Dr. Tyson actually said that humans and bananas have the same DNA. (Barbarian checks)

Turns out, he didn't.
Neil deGrasse Tyson tells Kelly Clarkson and Lucy Hale two little-known science facts he just learned: humans share 50 percent of their DNA with bananas
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nei ... 00794.html

So there you are. Skepticism can save one a lot of embarrassment.

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #140

Post by The Barbarian »

All things are possible with God. That doesn't mean that God did whatever you want Him to do.