Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

The better half of the joke

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

... is that evolutionists not only say that some animal species come from previous ones, but they also say that each plant species comes from another previous one (or that they used to say BEFORE)... This, after, according to them, plants stopped living in the water to start living on land... kind of like when fish ceasing to be aquatic to become semi-terrestrial amphibians ... or humans stopped living in caves to start building houses :D

Did you know this part of the story? It is never ending.

Do you think that the millions of years that the planet has existed are enough for so many SUPERDUPERULTRASLOW transformations that these scientists talk about?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: The better half of the joke

Post #121

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:12 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:44 am Similarities between species speak only of a singular CREATOR who initially designed everything in harmony with each other to work together for the good of humanity in the environment HE established.
You only pretend that similarity between species speaks ONLY of a singular creator.
This is what I mean when people pretend to know things via faith. It stops all future learning. You'll never allow yourself to learn about speciation if you pretend to know already.
Satan entices man to believe that it is man who possess understanding
Got it! So statements like below should be ignored, right?
Similarities between species speak only of a singular CREATOR who initially designed everything in harmony with each other to work together for the good of humanity in the environment HE established.
and GOD attempts to keep the knowledge hidden from man.
And yet you seem to pretend to have knowledge about species and how your preferred god concept created them...

Until you show some Satan, you might as well be threating us with the boogieman! We are adults here... not children. Can you not do better?
YOU pretend that such similarities have to do with evolution. I didn't write the GOD's Word and if you read the Bible you will find that the good , the bad, and the ugly is right there for anyone to read. You attempt to threaten society with an environmental apocalypse. And yet I see only GOD as the answer and not government to the world's problem...

Clownboat
Savant

Post #122

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:06 pm YOU pretend that such similarities have to do with evolution.
Sorry, I'm no longer religious and stopped playing pretend.

Homologous features
If two or more species share a unique physical feature, such as a complex bone structure or a body plan, they may all have inherited this feature from a common ancestor. Physical features shared due to evolutionary history (a common ancestor) are said to be homologous.

If these are the types of similarities you are talking about, they do often have to do with evolution, but it is hard to tell as you are not being very clear.
I didn't write the GOD's Word and if you read the Bible you will find that the good , the bad, and the ugly is right there for anyone to read.
I don't claim that you wrote the Bible. What a silly thing for you to argue against.
You attempt to threaten society with an environmental apocalypse.

Please show that you speak the truth.
And yet I see only GOD as the answer and not government to the world's problem...
When you are a hammer as the saying goes, everything looks like a nail. That you see a god concept as providing answers is expected as you have placed faith in one of the many available god concepts. Such beliefs come with the territory, but I'm willing to bet no god has ever provided you with any answers directly. Your comments about the government seem emotional and confuse me for seemingly being totally irrelevant here.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #123

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:53 am
LittleNipper wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:06 pm YOU pretend that such similarities have to do with evolution.
Sorry, I'm no longer religious and stopped playing pretend.

Homologous features
If two or more species share a unique physical feature, such as a complex bone structure or a body plan, they may all have inherited this feature from a common ancestor. Physical features shared due to evolutionary history (a common ancestor) are said to be homologous.

If these are the types of similarities you are talking about, they do often have to do with evolution, but it is hard to tell as you are not being very clear.
I didn't write the GOD's Word and if you read the Bible you will find that the good , the bad, and the ugly is right there for anyone to read.
I don't claim that you wrote the Bible. What a silly thing for you to argue against.
You attempt to threaten society with an environmental apocalypse.

Please show that you speak the truth.
And yet I see only GOD as the answer and not government to the world's problem...
When you are a hammer as the saying goes, everything looks like a nail. That you see a god concept as providing answers is expected as you have placed faith in one of the many available god concepts. Such beliefs come with the territory, but I'm willing to bet no god has ever provided you with any answers directly. Your comments about the government seem emotional and confuse me for seemingly being totally irrelevant here.
Hammers don't have any eyes. Species sharing similarities is not absolute proof of evolution. That is an evolutionary opinion designed to try to further a belief structure. My comments are no more emotional nor confused than the government --- which I have come to find as being irrelevant, but makes for a good show...

Clownboat
Savant

Post #124

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:07 pm Hammers don't have any eyes.
I have seen hammers with eyes. Your level of debate does not impress.
Species sharing similarities is not absolute proof of evolution.

Who argued that species sharing similarities is absolute proof of evolution?
That populations of species change over time (evolution) is a fact though.
That is an evolutionary opinion designed to try to further a belief structure.

You sound silly trying to level the playing field by calling evolution a belief structure. You're in to religion, so just own it. Don't place your limitations on to others. What's next, the theory of gravity is just a belief structure?
My comments are no more emotional nor confused than the government --- which I have come to find as being irrelevant, but makes for a good show...
Your words are confusing, but I'm starting to think you are just doing this for show. My evidence for this is how you quote posts, but fail to address the points made within.

Be well...
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #125

Post by LittleNipper »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:08 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:07 pm Hammers don't have any eyes.
I have seen hammers with eyes. Your level of debate does not impress.
Species sharing similarities is not absolute proof of evolution.

Who argued that species sharing similarities is absolute proof of evolution?
That populations of species change over time (evolution) is a fact though.
That is an evolutionary opinion designed to try to further a belief structure.

You sound silly trying to level the playing field by calling evolution a belief structure. You're in to religion, so just own it. Don't place your limitations on to others. What's next, the theory of gravity is just a belief structure?
My comments are no more emotional nor confused than the government --- which I have come to find as being irrelevant, but makes for a good show...
Your words are confusing, but I'm starting to think you are just doing this for show. My evidence for this is how you quote posts, but fail to address the points made within.

Be well...
The exclusion of the studies of Creation scientists is in fact placing limitations on others. They just happen to be on the other side of the fence.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #126

Post by Clownboat »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:37 pm The exclusion of the studies of Creation scientists is in fact placing limitations on others. They just happen to be on the other side of the fence.
Please learn how to reply to the correct posts. I know you must have hit reply to my post by mistake, but who are you even responding to here with your odd claim?
Copy/paste to save time: "Your words are confusing, but I'm starting to think you are just doing this for show. My evidence for this is how you quote posts, but fail to address the points made within."

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #127

Post by The Barbarian »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:44 am
The Barbarian wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:09 pm
Eloi wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:48 pm The truth of it all is that that story has no support in the fossil record )
Well, let's ask a knowledgeable YE creationist.

Dr. Kurt Wise:
Evidences for Darwin’s second expectation — of stratomorphic intermediate species —
include such species as Baragwanathia27 (between rhyniophytes and lycopods), Pikaia28 (between echinoderms and chordates), Purgatorius29 (between the tree shrews and the primates), and Proconsul30 (between the non-hominoid primates and the hominoids). Darwin’s third expectation — of higher-taxon stratomorphic intermediates — has been confirmed by such examples as the mammal-like reptile groups31 between the reptiles and the mammals, and the phenacodontids32 between the horses and their presumed ancestors. Darwin’s fourth expectation — of stratomorphic series — has been confirmed by such examples as the early bird series,33 the tetrapod series,34,35 the whale series,36 the various mammal series of the Cenozoic37 (for example, the horse series, the camel series, the elephant series, the pig series, the titanothere series, etc.), the Cantius and Plesiadapus primate series,38 and the hominid series.39 Evidence for not just one but for all three of the species level and above types of stratomorphic intermediates expected by macroevolutionary theory is surely strong evidence for macroevolutionary theory. Creationists therefore need to accept this fact.

Kurt Wise, Toward a Creationist Understanding of Transitional Forms.
Similarities between species speak only of a singular CREATOR who initially designed everything in harmony with each other to work together for the good of humanity in the environment HE established.
No, that won't work. If "similar design" worked, then bats would have feathers and whales would have gills. They don't have these things, because they evolved from other mammals, which don't have them. Homologies like the wings of bats, flippers of whales and arms of humans show common descent, not common design.

Satan entices man to add to the word of God. Hence the "looks like" means "common design" invention.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #128

Post by LittleNipper »

The Barbarian wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:26 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:44 am
The Barbarian wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:09 pm
Eloi wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:48 pm The truth of it all is that that story has no support in the fossil record )
Well, let's ask a knowledgeable YE creationist.

Dr. Kurt Wise:
Evidences for Darwin’s second expectation — of stratomorphic intermediate species —
include such species as Baragwanathia27 (between rhyniophytes and lycopods), Pikaia28 (between echinoderms and chordates), Purgatorius29 (between the tree shrews and the primates), and Proconsul30 (between the non-hominoid primates and the hominoids). Darwin’s third expectation — of higher-taxon stratomorphic intermediates — has been confirmed by such examples as the mammal-like reptile groups31 between the reptiles and the mammals, and the phenacodontids32 between the horses and their presumed ancestors. Darwin’s fourth expectation — of stratomorphic series — has been confirmed by such examples as the early bird series,33 the tetrapod series,34,35 the whale series,36 the various mammal series of the Cenozoic37 (for example, the horse series, the camel series, the elephant series, the pig series, the titanothere series, etc.), the Cantius and Plesiadapus primate series,38 and the hominid series.39 Evidence for not just one but for all three of the species level and above types of stratomorphic intermediates expected by macroevolutionary theory is surely strong evidence for macroevolutionary theory. Creationists therefore need to accept this fact.

Kurt Wise, Toward a Creationist Understanding of Transitional Forms.
No, that won't work. If "similar design" worked, then bats would have feathers and whales would have gills. They don't have these things, because they evolved from other mammals, which don't have them. Homologies like the wings of bats, flippers of whales and arms of humans show common descent, not common design.

Satan entices man to add to the word of God. Hence the "looks like" means "common design" invention.
I realize that the evolutionists believe hippos and whales evolved from the same ancestor. My guess is that is because they both love the water ---- a rather stupid invention on their part.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #129

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to LittleNipper in post #128]
I realize that the evolutionists believe hippos and whales evolved from the same ancestor. My guess is that is because they both love the water ---- a rather stupid invention on their part.
If that was actually the reason evolutionists (you finally used the word correctly) believe that hippos and whales evolved from the same ancestor, you'd be right. But that is not at all why they think this is how whales evolved. Here's a better explanation that is not so simpleminded and is actually based on evidence:

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/what-are ... of-whales/
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #130

Post by LittleNipper »

DrNoGods wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:52 pm [Replying to LittleNipper in post #128]
If that was actually the reason evolutionists (you finally used the word correctly) believe that hippos and whales evolved from the same ancestor, you'd be right. But that is not at all why they think this is how whales evolved. Here's a better explanation that is not so simpleminded and is actually based on evidence:

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/what-are ... of-whales/
BUT, it isn't based on the existence of GOD. With GOD all things are possible. And without GOD nothing is possible that is.