Savant

Jesus is God - the tabernacle

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

In Exodus

God rescues the people.

God leads them out of Egypt

Moses talks to God on a mountain.

God agrees to dwell with the people and live in a tent, the tabernacle in the middle of Israel.

This sets up the idea that God used a tent and embodied that tent in the old testament as a way of relating to his people.

Then in the new testament, we are told Jesus tabernacled with us
John 1:14 ERV And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth.

You can see the greek and other translations here

https://biblehub.com/john/1-14.htm#lexicon
https://biblehub.com/john/1-14.htm

When we get to the greek word for dwelt among us they use the word here, to dwell as a tent
made His dwelling
ἐσκήνωσεν (eskēnōsen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4637: To dwell as in a tent, encamp, have my tabernacle. From skenos; to tent or encamp, i.e. to occupy or, to reside.
This seems a very deliberate phrasing connecting Jesus to the Tabernacle where God dwells. Just like the Tabernacle is God among his people, so too Jesus is God among his people and this time God does not come and go but stays.

Jesus is God.

Yes/No? Why?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - the tabernacle

Post #21

Post by Wootah »

1213 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:13 am
Wootah wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:10 am
1213 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:28 am Bible tells God dwells in Jesus, and Jesus is a man, it can be said God is dwelling with man.

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
John 14:10
One God. Trinitarian passage.

How is Jesus in the Father in any other way that is not blasphemy?
Sorry, I am not sure what do you mean. Do you think that scripture speaks about Trinity? I don't think it does so.
How can Jesus be in the Father and that claim not be blasphemy?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #22

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Wootah in post #21]
Jesus is "in" the Father and vice versa because they are unified in thought and deed. Just as at John 17:21-23 where Jesus plainly refers to the fact that he and the Father and the disciples are "one."

Jesus prays to the Father "that they all may be one, as thou, Father art in me and I in thee, that they may also be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." (John 17:21, KJV)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #23

Post by myth-one.com »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:59 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #15]

If Jesus is a man, then how is he in the Father or is one with the Father? That is blasphemy.
No blasphemy -- It's teamwork.

Here it is again:

God the Father, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit are three beings who are in agreement and purpose. Satan and other angels under his control rebelled against God.

The Son of God and the Holy Spirit never questioned God the Father's authority. Therefore, all three are in agreement as one being as to their plans and goals. That is, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one in agreement and purpose. Thus, they are a team focused as one being.

<================================>

Their plan in regards to the earth is to restore it back into the Kingdom of Heaven and provide a pathway for mankind to inherit everlasting spiritual bodied life as members of the Kingdom of God on the earth.

meshak2

Post #24

Post by meshak2 »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:56 am
meshak2 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:40 pm
Wootah wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:20 pm

Yes/No? Why?
Jesus is not God because God is one and His Father is the only true God.
You should read this thread you posted in. It's eye opening.
No thanks.

Wootah
Savant

Post #25

Post by Wootah »

'Wootah is one with God and is in God and is equal to God.'

Is my statement blasphemy to you?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #26

Post by myth-one.com »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:38 pm 'Wootah is one with God and is in God and is equal to God.'

If Wootah is a human claiming to be equal to God, then Wootah is committing blasphemy against God.

Wootah
Savant

Post #27

Post by Wootah »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:51 pm
Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:38 pm 'Wootah is one with God and is in God and is equal to God.'

If Wootah is a human claiming to be equal to God, then Wootah is committing blasphemy against God.
Great - now explain how you are OK with Jesus, who is not God for you, saying those things?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #28

Post by myth-one.com »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:50 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:51 pm

Great - now explain how you are OK with Jesus, who is not God for you, saying those things?
If Jesus claimed to be equal to God, then He would have committed blasphemy against God.

Jesus is the mediator between God and mankind:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

To mediator between two sides, one must be well conversant with both parties. Being a man, Jesus conversed with mankind verbally.

Jesus conversed with God through prayer.

But Jesus was a man, and that fact was obvious to Him. He had to be a man to become mankind's Savior.

Only a man could fulfill that assignment.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #29

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:16 am

How can Jesus be in the Father and that claim not be blasphemy?
I think you are reading a little too much into John 14:10. Please compare
JOHN 14:10 NWT

Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me?+ The things I say to you I do not speak of my own originality,+ but the Father who remains in union with me is doing his works
JOHN 14:10 New Living Translation
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me
Various other translations : https://biblehub.com/john/14-10.htm

7 Bible Verses about God Living In Us
2 Timothy 1:14
Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.

Ephesians 2:22
in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Ephesians 3:17
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

Colossians 1:27
to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Hebrews 3:6
but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house—whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/God-Living-In-Us
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Wootah
Savant

Post #30

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #29]

I'm OK with God dwelling in a believer.