John 1:1-2Cor 4:4

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

John 1:1-2Cor 4:4

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

Any can look up the way they are written in Greek-- At both spots the Greek word for the true God ends in a v=God, capitol G. -- Both the word and satan' Greek word ends in a g= god small g= 100% fact-- Trinity religions are false religion. Translating works the same at both spots. Billions have been mislead by an error of a capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1-- Only found in altered translations( removal of Gods name in over 7000 places by satans will) so guess whose will had a error capitol G put in the last line at John 1:1? Even though the Greek lexicons show its error. The trinity scholars have to know its error. If they said something hundreds if not thousands of religions claiming to be christian are exposed as false religion, Billions of $$$ lost each year, and probably sued by 2 billion humans as well, because they know they teach lies. Owned and operated by satan, like this-2 Cor 11:12-15)--misleading all into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily.--RUN FROM THEM.

The Tanager
Savant

Re: John 1:1-2Cor 4:4

Post #41

Post by The Tanager »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:29 am
The Tanager wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:44 amI don't know Greek either. I was using biblehub.com. From my understanding, they use the critical text, while the Hendrickson is based off the Textus Receptus. Do you have an opinion on the differences between Greek texts?
No, I don't at this time. 8-)
I'd definitely look into it. The critical text makes more sense to me, as it uses more of the manuscripts we have available to us to construct what the originals probably said we than the Textus Receptus has. Obviously there is a greater discussion over it than just considering that point.

William
Savant

Post #42

Post by William »

Miles wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:15 pm
historia wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:32 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:58 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:36 pm
Strictly speaking YHWH is one of many gods
Curious as to where this is mentioned in the Bible.
You can see this idea particularly in the Psalms:

"God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment." (Psalm 82:1)

"There is none like you among the gods, Yahweh, nor are there any works like yours." (Psalm 86:8)

"For Yahweh is a great god, and a great king above all gods." (Psalm 95:3)

"For great is Yahweh, and greatly to be praised; he is to be feared above all gods." (Psalm 96:4)

Compare also to the first commandment:

"You shall have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3)
Unlike 1 Corinthians 8:5-6, these are proper examples of verses that attest to the existence of other gods.

Thank you. :approve:

I think if you look closely, JW swung away from supporting her original claim "- YHWH is one of many gods. He is however unequalled amonst his rivals" by going off on the tangent re other gods being mentioned in the bible.

The subsequent bible verses offered in posts to do with the existence of other gods don't appear to infer any rivalry at all...
My question now is, in as much as no one has heard from these other gods, what the heck became of them? Did Yahweh have them bumped off? Are they in a remedial class for slow-witted gods? Or have they simply been denied visiting privileges with Earthlings?
Such would imply rivalry does exist and is held as a concern for YHVH.

Rather, I suspect other gods were created for specific purpose and are essentially all existing because of the "breath" of the Source Creator, rather than being rivals.

Yes - even Lucifer who, until Christianity reshaped the myth into their Christian Devil, is not presented specifically as a rival, although many interpret it that way.
Even with the definition of rival;

rival
/ˈrʌɪvl/
noun
a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.
be or seem to be equal or comparable to.
"he was a photographer whose fame rivalled that of his subjects"

this isn't sufficient justification that there are any gods rivalling Source Creator (YHVH re Hebrew belief "God" re Christian belief) unless one were to also believe that Source Creator is in actual competition for the role, rather than already being in that role.

Even the belief of human "souls" being "competed" for is shambolic misinterpretation if Source Creator's actual role is to be understood in relation to the gods it subsequently created.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #43

Post by onewithhim »

The Tanager wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:22 am
onewithhim wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:29 am
The Tanager wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:44 amI don't know Greek either. I was using biblehub.com. From my understanding, they use the critical text, while the Hendrickson is based off the Textus Receptus. Do you have an opinion on the differences between Greek texts?
No, I don't at this time. 8-)
I'd definitely look into it. The critical text makes more sense to me, as it uses more of the manuscripts we have available to us to construct what the originals probably said we than the Textus Receptus has. Obviously there is a greater discussion over it than just considering that point.
True