Did the Word made flesh exist eternally?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

Did the Word made flesh exist eternally?

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

‪Did the word made flesh exist eternally?‬

How do the Scriptures answer this question?

Micah 5:2
“But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Too little to be among the clans of Judah,
From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel.
His goings forth are from long ago,
From the days of eternity.”

John 1:3
“All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.”

Colossians 1:17
“And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. ”

John 17:5
“Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.”

The author of Hebrews likens Melchizedek to the Son of God without beginning of days or end of life.

Hebrews 7:3
Without father or mother or genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God, he remains a priest for all time.
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Did the Word made flesh exist eternally?

Post #21

Post by myth-one.com »

MissKate13 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:17 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:20 am For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)

Do you accept that Jesus was a man?
I’ve already answered your questions. I gave you Scriptures. You, on the other hand, have not attempted to refute this passages I provided. Unless you’re willing to do that, this conversation is over. You don’t get to control the discussion. Refute what I’ve written before you start firing more questions at me.

I have proven that the Word made flesh is Jesus. I have used the Scriptures to do so. Prove them wrong if you think you can.
I've never challenged the fact that Jesus is the Word made flesh.

There are two type of bodies -- natural and spiritual.

The Word is God:

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Do you accept that the Word is God?

And God is a Spirit:

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Do You accept that the Word is a Spirit?

So the Word is a spiritual bodied God.

Man is a flesh and blood natural bodied being-- not a spiritual bodied being.

And the Bible states that Jesus was a man:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

You contradict Timothy when you claim that Jesus was fully God and Man.

Also, take note that a man assuming to himself the characteristics of God is called blasphemy in the Bible:

John 10:33
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

If Jesus ever claimed to be fully man and God, He would be guilty of the sin of blasphemy, and we would have no Savior.

You're combining two body types in one being and fabricating a third hybrid body.

But they operate in two different kingdoms, and they do not mix:

I Corinthians 15:40
There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #22

Post by MissKate13 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:43 pm
MissKate13 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:17 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:20 am For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)

Do you accept that Jesus was a man?
I’ve already answered your questions. I gave you Scriptures. You, on the other hand, have not attempted to refute this passages I provided. Unless you’re willing to do that, this conversation is over. You don’t get to control the discussion. Refute what I’ve written before you start firing more questions at me.

I have proven that the Word made flesh is Jesus. I have used the Scriptures to do so. Prove them wrong if you think you can.
I've never challenged the fact that Jesus is the Word made flesh.

There are two type of bodies -- natural and spiritual.

The Word is God:

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Do you accept that the Word is God?

And God is a Spirit:

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Do You accept that the Word is a Spirit?

So the Word is a spiritual bodied God.

Man is a flesh and blood natural bodied being-- not a spiritual bodied being.

And the Bible states that Jesus was a man:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

You contradict Timothy when you claim that Jesus was fully God and Man.

Also, take note that a man assuming to himself the characteristics of God is called blasphemy in the Bible:

John 10:33
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

If Jesus ever claimed to be fully man and God, He would be guilty of the sin of blasphemy, and we would have no Savior.

You're combining two body types in one being and fabricating a third hybrid body.

But they operate in two different kingdoms, and they do not mix:

I Corinthians 15:40
There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
The Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy. Jesus did not concur.

Jesus said, “I and the Father are one.

He told Thomas that if you’ve seen Me, you’ve seen the Father.

And He even claimed God’s name for Himself, saying, “Before Abraham, I am.”

Jesus is God. He is the Word made flesh.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #23

Post by myth-one.com »

MissKate13 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:36 pm Jesus is God.

If Jesus is God, then He could not die, and we have no Savior.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #24

Post by MissKate13 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:00 pm

Jesus, while on earth, was both man and YHWH. It was Jesus, the man, who died on the cross. YHWH did not. By His own power, Jesus raised Himself from the dead, proving that He indeed YHWH. (John 2:19, 10:18).

What you refuse to see is that YHWH appeared in many forms throughout history. He appeared to Abraham in the form of a man (Genesis 18:1). He appeared to Moses in the form of a burning bush (Exo 3:4,6). You are not willing to accept that with God all things are possible. You lack faith in His power!

God, the Logos and the Spirit of God are the ONE true YHWH.

The Logos was God’s spoken and written message to the world. His Spirit put His the logos (message) into action. Example: “ Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.” (Genesis 1:3)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #25

Post by myth-one.com »

MissKate13 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:06 am
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:00 pm

Jesus, while on earth, was both man and YHWH. It was Jesus, the man, who died on the cross. YHWH did not. By His own power, Jesus raised Himself from the dead, proving that He indeed YHWH. (John 2:19, 10:18).
No, Jesus did not raise Himself from the dead by His own power! Eevery miraculous thing which Jesus did was actually done through God the Father.'s power:

John 10:18
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Jesus did not have any personal power to resurrect Himself. He had God's promise that He would be resurrected. God gave Him the power to be resurrected.
MissKate13 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:06 am
You are not willing to accept that with God all things are possible.
Can God die?

NO.

Can God lie?

No.

Can God do what the man Jesus had to do?

No, because God cannot die:

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #26

Post by MissKate13 »

[m=myth-one.com post_id=1132057 time=1695569830 user_id=1607]
No, Jesus did not raise Himself from the dead by His own power! Eevery miraculous thing which Jesus did was actually done through God the Father.'s power:

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Jesus did not have any personal power to resurrect Himself. He had God's promise that He would be resurrected. God gave Him the power to be resurrected.
You contradict Jesus’ very own words in the verse you posted. You claim Jesus had no power. Yet He said, “I have the power to lay it down, and I have the power to take it again.”

Am I to believe you rather than Jesus?

Jesus always did the will of the Father. It was the Father’s will that He should die and be raised. Jesus was charged by His Father to die and to be raised.

There is one true God. He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. There are Scriptures which show that all three were involved in raising Jesus from the dead.

You don’t believe Jesus is God. That is your choice. I believe He is God. Nothing I could ever say could cause you to change your view, and I can’t see wasting another minute trying to convince you in a forum setting. Generally, these discussions end up turning into arguments, which are not pleasing to God. I have no desire to go there. I’m going to shut down now and spend some time with my Lord. I will pray for you Myth-one. I hope you pray for me too. Have a good night!

Kate

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #27

Post by myth-one.com »

MissKate13 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:55 pm
[m=myth-one.com post_id=1132057 time=1695569830 user_id=1607]

You contradict Jesus’ very own words in the verse you posted. You claim Jesus had no power. Yet He said, “I have the power to lay it down, and I have the power to take it again.”

Am I to believe you rather than Jesus?

Jesus always did the will of the Father. It was the Father’s will that He should die and be raised. Jesus was charged by His Father to die and to be raised.

There is one true God. He is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. There are Scriptures which show that all three were involved in raising Jesus from the dead.

You don’t believe Jesus is God. That is your choice. I believe He is God. Nothing I could ever say could cause you to change your view, and I can’t see wasting another minute trying to convince you in a forum setting. Generally, these discussions end up turning into arguments, which are not pleasing to God. I have no desire to go there. I’m going to shut down now and spend some time with my Lord. I will pray for you Myth-one. I hope you pray for me too. Have a good night!

Kate

Well, you might want to give honesty a chance first!

You misquoted me. I never said that Jesus had no Power. I said that Jesus had no personal power to raise Himself.

The power He had was from God the Father.

No man can resurrect anyone. And Jesus was a man.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #28

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #27]

The Word was God (John 1:1)

Jesus’ choice to be born as a man required that He empty Himself.

6 Who, existing in the form of God,
did not consider equality with God
something to be grasped,a
7 but emptied Himself,
taking the form of a servant,
being made in human likeness. (Philippians 2:6-8)

He emptied Himself of some of His divine prerogatives (made Himself nothing) and assumed the role of a servant in order to accomplish His plan of salvation. His identity was unchanged. He was still God.

“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form.” (Colossians 2:9)

Jesus never ceased to be God in His earthly ministry. He never gave up His divine nature. He remained in the form of God as Paul tells us in his letter to the Philippians.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #29

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to MissKate13 in post #28]

Since you did not deny misquoting me, I assume that you did so intentionally.

And if you misquote people intentionally, how can anyone every believe your posts?