Israel at War with Hamas October 7, 2023

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Diogenes
Guru

Israel at War with Hamas October 7, 2023

Post #1

Post by Diogenes »

There is no question this was a horrific attack by Hamas on Israel that also endangers Palestinians.
To what extent are attacks like this inevitable, considering the history of Israel?

Isn't this just another example of how religious conflict breeds violence?
or
Is it inevitable that strongly held beliefs will always ignite the passions of some?

Perhaps the difference with religions that claim authority from God is that they inspire absolute beliefs, an absolute conviction they are 'right' and therefore anything is justifiable... including following God's orders to kill your own son.

Palestinian land stolen in 1948, more in 1967, then more every day in the West Bank makes acts of terrorism inevitable. Then Netanyahu put a right wing criminal in charge of the 'Ministry of Justice,' and... BIG SURPRISE! ... another war.
"If I go the to write indictment number one, it would go to Israel's Justice Minister YARIV LEVIN. He is the man who drove this insane, corrupt, dishonest effort to basically take over the power of the Supreme Court. With Netanyahu's help, he fractured Israel. He fractured Israeli society. He fractured the Israeli ministry, the military. He fractured the Israeli air force...."
__ Tom Friedman

https://www.rawstory.com/tom-friedman-i ... A-TIAtHv6Y

Donray
Guru

Re: Israel at War with Hamas October 7, 2023

Post #221

Post by Donray »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67629181

The BBC has seen and heard evidence of rape, sexual violence and mutilation of women during the 7 October Hamas attacks.

WARNING: CONTAINS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE AND RAPE

Several people involved in collecting and identifying the bodies of those killed in the attack told us they had seen multiple signs of sexual assault, including broken pelvises, bruises, cuts and tears, and that the victims ranged from children and teenagers to pensioners.

Video testimony of an eyewitness at the Nova music festival, shown to journalists by Israeli police, detailed the gang rape, mutilation and execution of one victim.

Videos of naked and bloodied women filmed by Hamas on the day of the attack, and photographs of bodies taken at the sites afterwards, suggest that women were sexually targeted by their attackers.

In the video, the woman known as Witness S mimes the attackers picking up and passing the victim from one to another.

"She was alive," the witness says. "She was bleeding from her back."

She goes on to detail how the men cut off parts of the victim's body during the assault.

"They sliced her breast and threw it on the street," she says. "They were playing with it."

READ THE WHOLE STORY AND TELL ME HOW GOOD THE PLAESTINE PEOPLE ARE.....

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #222

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to Donray in post #221
Do the math and tell us what percent of the Palestinian people took part in the Oct. 7th attack.

Muckman
Student

Post #223

Post by Muckman »

Athetotheist wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:10 pm [Replying to Donray in post #221
Do the math and tell us what percent of the Palestinian people took part in the Oct. 7th attack.
Hamas doesn't represent the Palestinians. Hezbollah doesn't represent the Syrians. These groups are backed by Iran.

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #224

Post by alexxcJRO »

Donray wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:51 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67629181

The BBC has seen and heard evidence of rape, sexual violence and mutilation of women during the 7 October Hamas attacks.

WARNING: CONTAINS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF SEXUAL VIOLENCE AND RAPE

Several people involved in collecting and identifying the bodies of those killed in the attack told us they had seen multiple signs of sexual assault, including broken pelvises, bruises, cuts and tears, and that the victims ranged from children and teenagers to pensioners.

Video testimony of an eyewitness at the Nova music festival, shown to journalists by Israeli police, detailed the gang rape, mutilation and execution of one victim.

Videos of naked and bloodied women filmed by Hamas on the day of the attack, and photographs of bodies taken at the sites afterwards, suggest that women were sexually targeted by their attackers.

In the video, the woman known as Witness S mimes the attackers picking up and passing the victim from one to another.

"She was alive," the witness says. "She was bleeding from her back."

She goes on to detail how the men cut off parts of the victim's body during the assault.

"They sliced her breast and threw it on the street," she says. "They were playing with it."

Easy now sir.
Israelites are no more special then the rest of Homo Sapiens Sapiens members.
The whole Bible's Israelites being chosen, special and "holy people" is all bogus.
No nation of people is more special then the rest of nations of people.
All members of Homo Sapiens are the same.
You will find murderers, rapists, thieves, psychopaths, gullible morons in all nations on Earth.

So please get down from that "imaginary" high horse as an Israelite. Heal yourself from delusions.
Israelites are not better then Palestinians.

Let's not forget all the despicable things in the Old Testament which tell a lot about what kind of people the Israelites were.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

Donray
Guru

Post #225

Post by Donray »

Athetotheist wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:10 pm [Replying to Donray in post #221
So, the people that attacked on 10/7 were not Palestine people?? Then tell me what they were. Tell me how many of the good Palestine people told Israel where all the tunnels, arms, and terrorists where.

Donray
Guru

Post #226

Post by Donray »

[Replying to alexxcJRO in post #224]

First off, the bible stories are almost all myths.

Second please tell me where Israel went and attacked Palestine with the sole purpose of terror. Please present the stories where they raped and mutilated woman and young girls. You do know that this thread is about the Oct 7th attack? Not that there are rapists in ever county. The attack was designed to rape woman and slaughter civilians.

Why are you defending these animals?
Do you happen to be Muslim?

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #227

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to Donray in post #225

So, the people that attacked on 10/7 were not Palestine people??
They were not the whole of the Palestinian people.

Tell me how many of the good Palestine people told Israel where all the tunnels, arms, and terrorists where.
There's no reason to assume that they knew where the tunnels, arms and terrorists were. And even if they had known, it's hard to convey information when your internet service has been cut off and a bit risky to venture out when missles are raining down all around you.

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #228

Post by alexxcJRO »

Donray wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:14 pm [Replying to alexxcJRO in post #224]

First off, the bible stories are almost all myths.

Second please tell me where Israel went and attacked Palestine with the sole purpose of terror. Please present the stories where they raped and mutilated woman and young girls. You do know that this thread is about the Oct 7th attack? Not that there are rapists in ever county. The attack was designed to rape woman and slaughter civilians.

Why are you defending these animals?
Do you happen to be Muslim?

1. Its irrelevant if not a god was behind the despicable acts and laws in the Old Testament.
For your reply only hardens my argument.
Because that means that despicable mentality which allows laws of slavery, rape, homophobia; ideas of genocide; punishing and inflicting suffering to non-moral agents(innocents); punishing some for the sins of others and so on; is all on the Israelites. Which tells a lot of the character of the people.

2. Its irrelevant if I am a Muslim or not. I am not. I am a Est European Caucasian from Romania.

3. My problem was with your "TELL ME HOW GOOD THE PLAESTINE PEOPLE ARE....."
Equating Hamas with the Palestinian People.
Some Palestinians: Hamas are evil and malevolent(rapists, murderers, torturers). And they should be criticized harshly for the despicable acts from Oct 7. It does not follow that the Palestinian People in general are evil and malevolent(rapists, murderers, torturers).
Correcting your thinking mistake does not equals "defending these animals".
That is a non-sequitur.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

Donray
Guru

Post #229

Post by Donray »

So, are all these children Hamas?

All you Palestine supports tell me how to identify Hamas people and there supports from the good Palestine people that want Iseral to exist.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #230

Post by Athetotheist »

Donray wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:19 pm

So, are all these children Hamas?

All you Palestine supports tell me how to identify Hamas people and there supports from the good Palestine people that want Iseral to exist.
It's easy for children to be brainwashed, especially when their homes are bombed.....

....and then they're taken to hospitals and the hospitals are bombed....

....and then their families flee and the roads are bombed....

....and they make it to refugee camps and the camps are bombed...

With all that going on.....yeah. It's easy to brainwash children.