Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Holy Spirit is God - living waters

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

13 Lord, you are the hope of Israel;
all who forsake you will be put to shame.
Those who turn aside from you[g] will be
written in the dust,[h]
because they have forsaken the Lord,
the spring of living water.

From <https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=ISV>
38 The one who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, will have rivers of living water flowing from his heart.” 39 Now he said this about the Spirit, whom those who were believing in him were to receive, because the Spirit was not yet present[v] and Jesus had not yet been glorified.

22 Then the angel[a] showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal. It was flowing from the throne of God and the lamb. 2 Between the city street and the river, the tree of life was visible from each side. It produced twelve kinds of fruit, each month having its own fruit. The leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 There will no longer be any curse. The throne of God and the lamb will be in the city. His servants will worship him 4 and see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night, and they will not need any light from lamps or the sun because the Lord God will shine on them. They will rule forever and ever.

Jeremiah 17 says YHWH is the spring of living water.

John 7 says living waters is talking about the spirit.

Revelation 22 shows the river flowing from the throne of God and the lamb.

The Spirit is the living waters and the living waters is YHWH.

Is this proof the Spirit is YHWH?

This argument was taken from this youtube video:
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Savant

Re: Holy Spirit is God - living waters

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:16 pm ...

It says "the spring of living water", not just "living water".

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

1213 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:10 am
Wootah wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:16 pm ...

It says "the spring of living water", not just "living water".
In hebrew: https://biblehub.com/jeremiah/17-13.htm#lexicon

the fountain
מְק֥וֹר (mə·qō·wr)
Noun - masculine singular construct
Strong's 4726: Something dug, a, source, of happiness, wisdom, progeny)

https://biblehub.com/hebrew/strongs_4726.htm

Seems to tie in with fountain.

Now that brings us to
John 7:37-39
International Standard Version
Rivers of Living Water
37 On the last and most important day of the festival, Jesus stood up and shouted, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! 38 The one who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, will have rivers of living water flowing from his heart.” 39 Now he said this about the Spirit, whom those who were believing in him were to receive, because the Spirit was not yet present and Jesus had not yet been glorified.
Jesus is claiming to be that fountain. Claiming to be the spring. And notice the living water is the Spirit.
"For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ" (1 Corinthians 10:4).
Jesus is not the water but the rock, the source, the spring, the fountain of the water.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Savant

Post #4

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:28 pm ...
Jesus is claiming to be that fountain. Claiming to be the spring. And notice the living water is the Spirit.
Also disciples of Jesus ("Christians") can be sources of the Spirit:

but whoever may drink of the water which I will give him will never ever thirst, but the water which I will give to him will become a fountain of water in him, springing up into everlasting life.
John 4:14

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

1213 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:05 am
Wootah wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:28 pm ...
Also disciples of Jesus ("Christians") can be sources of the Spirit:

but whoever may drink of the water which I will give him will never ever thirst, but the water which I will give to him will become a fountain of water in him, springing up into everlasting life.
John 4:14
Yes. Christians have the Holy Spirit in them. It's the best. I was trying to describe it the other day. It feels like a light in my heart that grows and grows.

Also you prove the point that the water can become the fountain anyway. Thank you.