Jesus is God - John 20:17

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - John 20:17

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Jeremiah 32:26 Then this message from the Lord came to Jeremiah: 27 “Look, I am the Lord, the God who rules over all flesh. Is anything too difficult for me?”
John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
John 20:17 Jesus told her, “Don’t hold on to me, because I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I’m ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 1:14 Jesus came from the Father and was the Father's son from the beginning.
Jeremiah 32:26 God rules over all flesh. So Jesus in his flesh body worshipped God.
John 1:12 All those who receive Jesus become adopted sons of God.
John 20:17 Because of Jesus dying and rising now the Father is also Mary's Father (since she believes and is adopted in).

Why didn't Jesus say 'I'm ascending to our father' instead of the more complicated 'my Father and your Father'?

This is because Jesus is the Father's son in a unique sense. As flesh creatures God is our God (Jeremiah) and so when Jesus took on our flesh nature to rescue us the Father was Jesus God. now Jesus is returning to the Father in Heaven to co-rule again.

The Father always was Jesus Father but now the Father can be ours.

Does this resolve issues with John 20:17 and explain how Jesus is God and also as a flesh creature worshipped the Father?

Watch the video here:
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - John 20:17

Post #2

Post by myth-one.com »

Wootah wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:52 pm
As flesh creatures God is our God (Jeremiah) and so when Jesus took on our flesh nature to rescue us the Father was Jesus God.
No. When Jesus was born of the flesh as a man, God was His God -- as you correctly stated above.

If as flesh creatures, God is our God as you claim, then when the man Jesus was born of the flesh, His God was God exactly as all other flesh human creatures!

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:42 pm
As flesh creatures God is our God (Jeremiah) and so when Jesus took on our flesh nature to rescue us the Father was Jesus God.
No. When Jesus was born of the flesh as a man, God was His God -- as you correctly stated above.

If as flesh creatures, God is our God as you claim, then when the man Jesus was born of the flesh, His God was God exactly as all other flesh human creatures!
Yes that is what I said. The Word became flesh.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #4

Post by myth-one.com »

As flesh creatures God is our God (Jeremiah) and so when Jesus took on our flesh nature to rescue us the Father was Jesus God. now Jesus is returning to the Father in Heaven to co-rule again.
So you're claiming that the perfect God the Father changes. That is, God was originally God. But during the lifetime of Jesus, God was "Jesus God."

The Bible defines only two type of living bodies -- natural and spiritual.

Jesus was a natural bodied being.

God is a spiritual bodied being.

What type of body does your "Jesus God" have?

<=============================>

Are you simply giving Jesus the last name of "God" as God was "His Father"? :confused2:

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:50 am
As flesh creatures God is our God (Jeremiah) and so when Jesus took on our flesh nature to rescue us the Father was Jesus God. now Jesus is returning to the Father in Heaven to co-rule again.
So you're claiming that the perfect God the Father changes. That is, God was originally God. But during the lifetime of Jesus, God was "Jesus God."

Are you simply giving Jesus the last name of "God" as God was "His Father"? :confused2:
I am claiming the Word became flesh.

What and Who do you think the Word is?

On the cross blood and water flowed from Jesus.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #6

Post by myth-one.com »

Wootah wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:39 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:50 am

I am claiming the Word became flesh.

What and Who do you think the Word is?

On the cross blood and water flowed from Jesus.
The Word is God, and God is a Spirit.

Yes, blood and water flowed from Jesus on the cross.

What type of body does your "Jesus God" have -- natural or spiritual?

Wootah
Savant

Post #7

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #6]

On earth human body. In heaven spirit.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #8

Post by onewithhim »

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Jeremiah 32:26 Then this message from the Lord came to Jeremiah: 27 “Look, I am the Lord, the God who rules over all flesh. Is anything too difficult for me?”
John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
John 20:17 Jesus told her, “Don’t hold on to me, because I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, ‘I’m ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 1:14 Jesus came from the Father and was the Father's son from the beginning.
Jeremiah 32:26 God rules over all flesh. So Jesus in his flesh body worshipped God.
John 1:12 All those who receive Jesus become adopted sons of God.
John 20:17 Because of Jesus dying and rising now the Father is also Mary's Father (since she believes and is adopted in).

Why didn't Jesus say 'I'm ascending to our father' instead of the more complicated 'my Father and your Father'?

This is because Jesus is the Father's son in a unique sense. As flesh creatures God is our God (Jeremiah) and so when Jesus took on our flesh nature to rescue us the Father was Jesus God. now Jesus is returning to the Father in Heaven to co-rule again.

The Father always was Jesus Father but now the Father can be ours.

Does this resolve issues with John 20:17 and explain how Jesus is God and also as a flesh creature worshipped the Father?

Watch the video here:
Sam Shamoun did it again....twisted scriptures unapologetically. John 20:17 crystal clearly shows that Jesus was ascending to HIS GOD and Father. If Jesus has a God then he cannot be God himself. Jesus has a God, and it is the One that he called "the only true God" at John 17:3.

Jesus in prayer to his Father: "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." (John 17:3, NASB)

Jesus didn't say "us the only true God." He was very clear as to what he meant.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #9

Post by myth-one.com »

Wootah wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:43 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #6]

So when your "Jesus God" returns to the earth at the Second Coming He will be in a human body?

Wootah
Savant

Post #10

Post by Wootah »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:19 pm
Wootah wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:43 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #6]

So when your "Jesus God" returns to the earth at the Second Coming He will be in a human body?
His resurrection body. Yes. A better version but yes human.