Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

What is a REAL Man?

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

When someone says, "Now there's a REAL Man!" Or, when someone says, "Now that's a Manly Man!"

What is it that makes a Man?

There is a lot of talk about the "feminization" of men, and I don't know what this means. Was Sean Connery a "real man"? Is Andrew Tate?

When we talk about what makes a man, what do we mean? Is it biological? Cultural? Something else?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

ir001_david

Re: What is a REAL Man?

Post #21

Post by ir001_david »

Many people have psychological traits, and men can have feminine traits. Which means that they are men on the outside while harbouring female tendencies inside. For a long time I have had feminine traits which came to their fore in sexual fantasies. Does that mean that I am not a real man? No. Being a real man is being honest and open about oneself.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: What is a REAL Man?

Post #22

Post by AgnosticBoy »

ir001_david wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:28 pm Many people have psychological traits, and men can have feminine traits. Which means that they are men on the outside while harbouring female tendencies inside. For a long time I have had feminine traits which came to their fore in sexual fantasies. Does that mean that I am not a real man? No. Being a real man is being honest and open about oneself.
Being a "real" man is probably used to refer to a masculine man, or probably even a hyper-masculine one. If that's the case, then I think it's less controversial to refer to those type of men in the way I did by qualifying their gender with "masculine" instead of referring to them as "real". That distinction takes into account that there can be a difference between gender expression (masculinity and femininity) and biological gender or sex (male, female, man, woman, etc.). For instance, you can have a feminine man.
- Proud forum owner ∣ The Agnostic Forum

- As a non-partisan, I like to be on the side of truth. - AB