THE FUTURE

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

THE FUTURE

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

Haven't we all, at one time or another, wondered what the future will be like? Experts of men have had a spotty reputation as most of their predictions have proved untrue.

What does the Bible tell us? "The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed....It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44, Revised Standard Version)

Is this good news? Of course, when we realize what God's Kingdom is. It is a real government that will replace all of the existing governments on the earth and stand forever. Stability and order will be brought to people on the earth. What will life be like under this government?

NO MORE WAR (Psalm 46:9)
NO MORE SICKNESS (Isaiah 33:24)
NO MORE FOOD SHORTAGE (Psalm 72:16)
NO MORE PAIN, SORROW AND DEATH (Revelation 21:4)

These are just some of the promises made in the Bible about God's Kingdom, and there are more. God has promised all these wonderful things for the future. All righteously inclined people can avail themselves of these promises. Does this sound good to you?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: THE FUTURE

Post #111

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:49 am
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:51 am
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:56 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:29 am
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:20 pm
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. (Revelation 21:2-3)

New Jerusalem is part of what Jesus has been preparing for us over the past two thousand years. He will bring it down from heaven upon His return.

Since Jesus is going to rule the earth forever from new Jerusalem, and we will rule with Him, and be with Him forever, where does that place us forever and ever?

On the earth!

Yes I believe in the "second coming." Jesus will come to annihilate the wicked and then go back to heaven where his Father and all the angels are.
If you rule with Christ, you will be in heaven. Tell me....what did Jesus mean when he said: "Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." (Matt.28:20, KJV) Has Jesus been here on the earth for all this time up until today? No, the Scriptures say that he is in heaven on the right hand of the "Majesty " in the heavens. (Hebrews 8:1,2) So how can he be "with" us?
IN HEAVEN! That is where God is and where He will stay, along with Jesus and his co-rulers. That is where the New Jerusalem is and will always be.

Well, I guess you have discovered yet another incorrect verse inspired by God; because He definitely states that Jesus and New Jerusalem will be coming "down from God out of heaven" to the earth for ever and ever!

God is coming down in the very sense that Jesus said that he was "with" us. Jesus said that but he is in heaven. So is God, and he will stay there just as Jesus has. (Matthew 28:20)

So you do not believe in the Second Coming.

Sad.

I beg you to allow Jesus to return to the earth as the Bible states:

I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:2-3)

Please allow this one verse to be the truth in your congregation as it is written in the Bible.

Make an exception for this Easter weekend.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #112

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to meth in post #111]

John 14:1-3 refers to the 144,000 co-rulers with Christ who will reign with him in heaven. The rest of mankind will be physically here on the earth in Paradise conditions.

"For evildoers will be cut off, but those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth....The meek ones will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace....The righteous will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." (Psalm 37:9,11,29)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #113

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 pm [Replying to meth in post #111]

John 14:1-3 refers to the 144,000 co-rulers with Christ who will reign with him in heaven. The rest of mankind will be physically here on the earth in Paradise conditions.

"For evildoers will be cut off, but those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth....The meek ones will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace....The righteous will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." (Psalm 37:9,11,29)

After the Second Coming, the earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of God.

The 144,000 and every believer who will rule the earth with Jesus forever will be spiritual bodied beings, not physical bodied humans, because flesh and blood humans cannot inherit the Kingdom of God:

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;... (I Corinthians 15:49-50)

After the last living human is either born again of the Spirit as a spirit into the Kingdom of God, or cast into the lake of fire and suffers the second death, mankind will no longer exist.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #114

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:54 pm

After the Second Coming, the earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of God.

The 144,000 and every believer who will rule the earth with Jesus forever will be spiritual bodied beings, not physical bodied humans, because flesh and blood humans cannot inherit the Kingdom of God:

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;... (I Corinthians 15:49-50)
That is what I have been saying. The 144,000 that will rule with Christ in heaven will all have spiritual bodies. Not flesh and blood. The rest of mankind will live on the earth in perfect physical bodies, forever.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #115

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:48 pm

That is what I have been saying. The 144,000 that will rule with Christ in heaven will all have spiritual bodies. Not flesh and blood. The rest of mankind will live on the earth in perfect physical bodies, forever.

What you have said in the past was that those in both places were in the Kingdom of God.

Do you still make that claim?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #116

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:52 pm

What you have said in the past was that those in both places were in the Kingdom of God.

Yes. The earth, as it were, is the "courtyard," so to speak, of the temple in heaven not made by men (Hebrews 8:2). The center of government is situated in heaven, and the earth is its courtyard.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #117

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:06 pm

Yes.
Definition of mankind: human beings considered collectively; the human race:

Do human beings have flesh and blood?

If so, then they cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

If they cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, then they cannot possibly live on the earth forever as flesh and blood humans according to God!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #118

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:22 pm

Yes.

If they cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, then they cannot possibly live on the earth forever as flesh and blood humans according to God!
Human beings cannot go to heaven because they are flesh and blood. The "kingdom"'s seat is in heaven. The kingdom's constituents are on the earth. They are the ones that the 144,000 co-rulers with Christ will reign over, and guide in making the earth a paradise again.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #119

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:41 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:22 pm

Yes.

Human beings cannot go to heaven because they are flesh and blood. The "kingdom"'s seat is in heaven. The kingdom's constituents are on the earth. They are the ones that the 144,000 co-rulers with Christ will reign over, and guide in making the earth a paradise again.

Yes, and the constituents on the earth are members of the Kingdom of God also, as you have correctly stated in the past.

So they are spiritual bodied beings also, as flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #120

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #119]

Flesh and blood cannot go to heaven where the seat of the Kingdom government is. But humans can be the people on earth that the Kingdom government reigns over. They can enjoy their physical bodies in a paradise. In that sense they are part of the Kingdom.