THE FUTURE

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

THE FUTURE

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

Haven't we all, at one time or another, wondered what the future will be like? Experts of men have had a spotty reputation as most of their predictions have proved untrue.

What does the Bible tell us? "The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed....It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44, Revised Standard Version)

Is this good news? Of course, when we realize what God's Kingdom is. It is a real government that will replace all of the existing governments on the earth and stand forever. Stability and order will be brought to people on the earth. What will life be like under this government?

NO MORE WAR (Psalm 46:9)
NO MORE SICKNESS (Isaiah 33:24)
NO MORE FOOD SHORTAGE (Psalm 72:16)
NO MORE PAIN, SORROW AND DEATH (Revelation 21:4)

These are just some of the promises made in the Bible about God's Kingdom, and there are more. God has promised all these wonderful things for the future. All righteously inclined people can avail themselves of these promises. Does this sound good to you?

Mae von H
Sage

Re: THE FUTURE

Post #81

Post by Mae von H »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:38 pm Haven't we all, at one time or another, wondered what the future will be like? Experts of men have had a spotty reputation as most of their predictions have proved untrue.

What does the Bible tell us? "The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed....It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44, Revised Standard Version)

Is this good news? Of course, when we realize what God's Kingdom is. It is a real government that will replace all of the existing governments on the earth and stand forever. Stability and order will be brought to people on the earth. What will life be like under this government?

These are just some of the promises made in the Bible about God's Kingdom, and there are more. God has promised all these wonderful things for the future. All righteously inclined people can avail themselves of these promises. Does this sound good to you?
We will all be pushing up daisies before that day arrives. We’re better served by doing His will here and now.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #82

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:08 am
onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:05 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:42 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:33 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:38 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:40 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:38 pm Haven't we all, at one time or another, wondered what the future will be like? Experts of men have had a spotty reputation as most of their predictions have proved untrue.

Isn't this wonderfully amazing?? Tell me, how can someone NOT want to live on an earth like that? Please explain.

Your claim that "All righteously inclined people can avail themselves of these promises" is misleading.

Definition of people: human beings in general or considered collectively.

People do war, get sick, hunger, have pain, sorrow and death. People cannot avail themselves as they exist now of your list of promises.
That is exactly right, and the core of what I've been saying is that only God's Kingdom can set matters aright, in the near future. People can't do it but God's own government , His Kingdom, can and will resolve all of our problems. (Matthew 6:9,10)
But there are no human people in God's Kingdom:

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. (1 Corinthians 15:50)

Humans must be born again of the Spirit (God) as spirits to enter the spiritual Kingdom of God!

Do you believe that?

Yes or no.
NO. Only those relatively few persons who go to heaven have to be born again. They have inherited the governmental aspect of the Kingdom, which is in heaven. Their subjects are the billions of people living on the earth in physical bodies forever. That is part of the Kingdom, but not the government's seat, which is in heaven.

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;... (I Corinthians 15:49-50)

Since the subjects living on the earth are members of the kingdom of God as you correctly claim, they are not flesh and blood physical bodies according to God's inspired scriptures:

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;... (I Corinthians 15:49-50)

Since there are only two type of bodies, natural and spiritual, and only spiritual bodies can inherit the Kingdom of God, and the subjects living forever on the earth are in the Kingdom of God, then those who inherit everlasting life and living on the earth must have immortal spiritual bodies!

Gpd says spiritual bodies, Onewithhim says physical.

I'll agree with God. :D

Why on earth would you desire a physical body over a spiritual body??
Onewithhim says spiritual AND physical, depending on if one is anointed to rule in heaven with Christ or not. That is what God says in His book.
Those who will live on Earth will enjoy life as they knew it, only free from death, sickness, malformations, old age, etc. Their flesh will be "fresher than in youth," returning to the "days of his youthful vigor." (Job 33:25) Sounds pretty physical to me.

If you wouldn't prefer a physical body you must not have a very satisfying life. :? I look forward to doing all the things I enjoy NOW, only then I won't have to be sad that they would all come to an end.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #83

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Mae von H wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:39 am

We will all be pushing up daisies before that day arrives. We’re better served by doing His will here and now.
Can't a person do God's will and hope for the paradise earth at the same time?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #84

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:42 pm
Onewithhim says spiritual AND physical, depending on if one is anointed to rule in heaven with Christ or not. That is what God says in His book.
And Onewithhim has never explained the contradiction of those believers living on the earth eternally being members of the kingdom of God and flesh and blood physical humans.

God says that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

Onewithhim claims that God got that wrong. They certainly can.
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:42 pm If you wouldn't prefer a physical body you must not have a very satisfying life. :?
Life is great! But I don't understand the correlation. Why would I not prefer an immortal bodied life over a mortal bodied life? Why would I prefer a body with physical characteristics over a body with spiritual characteristics? Duh?
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:42 pmI look forward to doing all the things I enjoy NOW, only then I won't have to be sad that they would all come to an end.
Do you also look forward to all the unpleasant characteristics of the physical body? Do you also look forward to all the things that you don't enjoy now? Do you hope they never come to an end?

You should not be sad with what God has in store for believers.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #85

Post by Mae von H »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:27 pm

That wasn’t what you were describing.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #86

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Mae von H wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:39 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:27 pm

That wasn’t what you were describing.
Which post of mine contains something I was describing?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #87

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:02 pm
And Onewithhim has never explained the contradiction of those believers living on the earth eternally being members of the kingdom of God and flesh and blood physical humans.
Oh yes I have. I have thoroughly explained it, more than once. Let's not go around the mulberry bush over and over.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #88

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:16 pm
Oh yes I have. I have thoroughly explained it, more than once. Let's not go around the mulberry bush over and over.
The holy scriptures state that flesh and blood mankind cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

Onewithhim claims that flesh and blood mankind will absolutely be members of the Kingdom of God on the earth.

How can both of those statements be true?

Anyone?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #89

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:50 pm
The holy scriptures state that flesh and blood mankind cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

Onewithhim claims that flesh and blood mankind will absolutely be members of the Kingdom of God on the earth.

Anyone?
Yes. Flesh and blood humans will live on the earth. Spirit-bodied persons will live with Christ in heaven. That's what the scripture means that is quoted above: flesh and blood mankind cannot inherit the Kingdom of God---they cannot be in the heavenly realm of the Kingdom, where it has its seat. Those on the earth are part of the Kingdom, just not the heavenly seat of the government of Christ and his co-rulers. The earth could be said to be the "courtyard" of the Kingdom.

Any government is broken down into different parts: We have the seat of government where the King (or president, etc.) is; we have his cabinet and those that he tells what to do; then we have the subjects of that government. The government/Kingdom has laws that, in purpose, are for the benefit of the subjects. All this makes up the Kingdom. Once again, the earthly subjects are part of the Kingdom, though they are not part of the government in heaven. When Jesus said that they must be "born again" (to spirit life) he was talking about those that will be in the seat of government in heaven. The earthly Christians do not have to be "born again" to spirit life because they will be living physically on the earth, just as Adam did before he died, he being made from the dust of the ground. (It is clear that people were meant to live physically on the earth, as Genesis brings out so plainly.)

(I have asked that myth provide scriptures in Genesis that show that God's original purpose was for spirits to take care of the earth. So far, nothing.)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #90

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:18 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:50 pm

Anyone?
Yes. Flesh and blood humans will live on the earth. Spirit-bodied persons will live with Christ in heaven. That's what the scripture means that is quoted above: flesh and blood mankind cannot inherit the Kingdom of God---they cannot be in the heavenly realm of the Kingdom, where it has its seat. Those on the earth are part of the Kingdom, just not the heavenly seat of the government of Christ and his co-rulers. The earth could be said to be the "courtyard" of the Kingdom.

Any government is broken down into different parts: We have the seat of government where the King (or president, etc.) is; we have his cabinet and those that he tells what to do; then we have the subjects of that government. The government/Kingdom has laws that, in purpose, are for the benefit of the subjects. All this makes up the Kingdom. Once again, the earthly subjects are part of the Kingdom, though they are not part of the government in heaven. When Jesus said that they must be "born again" (to spirit life) he was talking about those that will be in the seat of government in heaven. The earthly Christians do not have to be "born again" to spirit life because they will be living physically on the earth, just as Adam did before he died, he being made from the dust of the ground. (It is clear that people were meant to live physically on the earth, as Genesis brings out so plainly.)

(I have asked that myth provide scriptures in Genesis that show that God's original purpose was for spirits to take care of the earth. So far, nothing.)

Here it is again, but not restricted to Genesis:

Everything that God ever created was said to be very good:

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)

So God created the heaven and the earth very good in the first verse of the Bible:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

But the second verse of the Bible describes the very good earth created in verse one as follows:

And the earth was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep... (KJV Genesis 1:1-2)

How can that be? A hint is offered in seven different translations of the scriptures. For example:

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Genesis 1:2 NIV)

The indication in these seven versions is that the earth was created very good and had become without form, empty, and dark over a period of time. Many call this explanation the Gap Theory.

<==================== The earthly angel caretakers ================>

Know ye not that we shall judge angels?... (I Corinthians 6:3)

Paul is writing to the Christians at Corinth. Who are these angels which Christians shall judge? They are the angels who sided with Satan in his rebellion against God and are now restrained in hell:

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6)

Jesus even visited and preached to them in their prison:

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; (1 Peter 3:19)

At some time after the original creation about 4.5 billion years ago, Satan was given rule over the earth:

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)

But Satan lusted after even more power, so He rebelled against God:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!... For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars (angels) of God... I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. (Isaiah 14:12-14)

Satan and his angels warred against God in Heaven:

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon (Satan); and the dragon fought and his angels, (Revelation 12:7)

Satan and his angels were defeated and they were cast back down to their original assignment -- the earth:

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:9)

Although the exact number under Satan's authority is unknown, it was one-third of the total number of angels. Satan and the angels who joined his rebellion against God were exiled from the Kingdom of God and restricted to ruling the earth:

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth... (Revelation 12:4)

In conclusion, there is ample evidence that spirits were given original dominion over the earth. Satan ruled the earth with a host of angels under his control!

Due to the rebellion and abandoning of the Earth by the original caretakers, the earth had reached the condition of empty, void, and dark as described in Genesis 1:2.

About 6,000 years ago, God returned, re-created a decimated earth to its original very good condition, created man, and gave man dominion over the earth.

Man may gain everlasting life by becoming equal unto the angels and rule over the Earth forever under their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Angels produced through this training process should be less likely to rebel.