THE FUTURE

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

THE FUTURE

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

Haven't we all, at one time or another, wondered what the future will be like? Experts of men have had a spotty reputation as most of their predictions have proved untrue.

What does the Bible tell us? "The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed....It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44, Revised Standard Version)

Is this good news? Of course, when we realize what God's Kingdom is. It is a real government that will replace all of the existing governments on the earth and stand forever. Stability and order will be brought to people on the earth. What will life be like under this government?

NO MORE WAR (Psalm 46:9)
NO MORE SICKNESS (Isaiah 33:24)
NO MORE FOOD SHORTAGE (Psalm 72:16)
NO MORE PAIN, SORROW AND DEATH (Revelation 21:4)

These are just some of the promises made in the Bible about God's Kingdom, and there are more. God has promised all these wonderful things for the future. All righteously inclined people can avail themselves of these promises. Does this sound good to you?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: THE FUTURE

Post #91

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #90]
You said, "Man may gain everlasting life by becoming equal unto the angels and rule over the earth forever under their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

1. That is what Satan indicated to Eve, that she could be like God and the angels, and he was luring her into a trap, which she fell for. That was a lie from Satan.
2. If all of mankind will be in heaven ruling over the earth, what will they rule over? WHO will they rule over? Why would God need billions of people to rule over the earth? He created the earth for humans and that is where they will live forever.

Jehovah is the true God who formed the earth. " He is the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it to be inhabited." (Isaiah 45:18)

"As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, but the earth he has given to the sons of men." (Psalm 115:16)

And in his original purpose, men were physical people, not spirits. Adam was created from the dust. There was no reason to think that men were supposed to be spirits. (Genesis 2:7)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #92

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #91]

The earth is not presently part of the Kingdom of Heaven. It is basically a colony which has rebelled under Satan and some of his angels and broken away from the kingdom. However, the earth will once again become part of the kingdom of our Lord and Christ:

The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Revelation 11:15)

The earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of Heaven. It will not be heaven, but will be under God's rule and part of the Kingdom of Heaven as is heaven itself. This will occur when Jesus returns to take back control of the earth from Satan. And how long does Jesus our Lord intend to reign on the earth?

The Lord shall reign for ever and ever. (Exodus 15:18)

The Lord shall reign for ever... (Psalm 146:10)

And they shall reign for ever and ever. (Revelation 22:5)

And what are the born again Christians going to be doing after Jesus' return?

We shall also reign with him. (II Timothy 2:12)

And how long are the born again Christians going to be with the Lord Jesus?

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:17)

Where will Jesus base His rule and locate His tabernacle to rule the earth? The holy city of Jerusalem:

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. (Revelation 21:2-3)

New Jerusalem is part of what Jesus has been preparing for us over the past two thousand years. He will bring it down from heaven upon His return. Since Jesus is going to rule the earth forever from new Jerusalem, and we will rule with Him, and be with Him forever, where does that place us forever and ever?

On the earth!

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #93

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #90]
You said, "Man may gain everlasting life by becoming equal unto the angels and rule over the earth forever under their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

1. That is what Satan indicated to Eve, that she could be like God and the angels, and he was luring her into a trap, which she fell for. That was a lie from Satan.

Genesis 3
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The only lie was that "ye shall not lie." The part "that your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil," was true. The only remaining difference between man and the angels is body type -- physical versus spiritual.

Mankind is the only animal which has the capability of becoming equal unto the angels. Speaking of those who shall inherit the Kingdom of God in the world to come, Jesus states:

Neither can they die any more, for they are equal unto the angels... (Luke 20:36)

Believers will be become equal unto the angels upon being born of the Spirit, because that which is born of the Spirit (God) IS a spirit.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #90]

2. If all of mankind will be in heaven ruling over the earth, what will they rule over . . .
That is absolute nonsense. Where did that come from? Is it because all believers will be born again as spirits? Do you somehow think that spirits can only inhabit heaven?
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 pmJehovah is the true God who formed the earth. " He is the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it to be inhabited." (Isaiah 45:18)
Correct.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 pm"As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, but the earth he has given to the sons of men." (Psalm 115:16)
Correct.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 pmAnd in his original purpose, men were physical people, not spirits. Adam was created from the dust. There was no reason to think that men were supposed to be spirits. (Genesis 2:7)
Men weren't supposed to be spirits. Spirits were created in the beginning (about 4.5 billion years ago) to be caretakers of the earth. But they failed in that task.

So God returned to the earth, restored it to it's original very good condition and created mortal mankind to replenish the earth about 6,000 years ago.

Man is in training to learn that God's way is the best way to replenish the earth.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #94

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:44 am

Genesis 3
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The only lie was that "ye shall not lie." The part "that your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil," was true. The only remaining difference between man and the angels is body type -- physical versus spiritual.

Mankind is the only animal which has the capability of becoming equal unto the angels. Speaking of those who shall inherit the Kingdom of God in the world to come, Jesus states:

Neither can they die any more, for they are equal unto the angels... (Luke 20:36)

Believers will be become equal unto the angels upon being born of the Spirit, because that which is born of the Spirit (God) IS a spirit.

2. If all of mankind will be in heaven ruling over the earth, what will they rule over . . .
That is absolute nonsense. Where did that come from? Is it because all believers will be born again as spirits? Do you somehow think that spirits can only inhabit heaven?
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 pmJehovah is the true God who formed the earth. " He is the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it to be inhabited." (Isaiah 45:18)
Correct.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 pm"As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, but the earth he has given to the sons of men." (Psalm 115:16)
Correct.
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 pmAnd in his original purpose, men were physical people, not spirits. Adam was created from the dust. There was no reason to think that men were supposed to be spirits. (Genesis 2:7)
Men weren't supposed to be spirits. Spirits were created in the beginning (about 4.5 billion years ago) to be caretakers of the earth. But they failed in that task.

So God returned to the earth, restored it to it's original very good condition and created mortal mankind to replenish the earth about 6,000 years ago.

Man is in training to learn that God's way is the best way to replenish the earth.
I have asked you to show me the scriptures in Genesis that show that the earth was to be taken care of by spirits. I'm waiting.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #95

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:43 pm
I have asked you to show me the scriptures in Genesis that show that the earth was to be taken care of by spirits. I'm waiting.
I have shown you in the scriptures that the original caretakers of the earth were angels -- but you did not believe the scriptures.

Here it is again, but not restricted to Genesis:

Everything that God ever created was said to be very good:

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)

So God created the heaven and the earth very good in the first verse of the Bible:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

But the second verse of the Bible describes the very good earth created in verse one as follows:

And the earth was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep... (KJV Genesis 1:1-2)

How can that be? A hint is offered in seven different translations of the scriptures. For example:

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Genesis 1:2 NIV)

The indication in these seven versions is that the earth was created very good and had become without form, empty, and dark over a period of time. Many call this explanation the Gap Theory.

<==================== The earthly angel caretakers ================>

Know ye not that we shall judge angels?... (I Corinthians 6:3)

Paul is writing to the Christians at Corinth. Who are these angels which Christians shall judge? They are the angels who sided with Satan in his rebellion against God and are now restrained in hell:

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6)

Jesus even visited and preached to them in their prison:

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; (1 Peter 3:19)

At some time after the original creation about 4.5 billion years ago, Satan was given rule over the earth:

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)

But Satan lusted after even more power, so He rebelled against God:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!... For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars (angels) of God... I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. (Isaiah 14:12-14)

Satan and his angels warred against God in Heaven:

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon (Satan); and the dragon fought and his angels, (Revelation 12:7)

Satan and his angels were defeated and they were cast back down to their original assignment -- the earth:

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:9)

Although the exact number under Satan's authority is unknown, it was one-third of the total number of angels. Satan and the angels who joined his rebellion against God were exiled from the Kingdom of God and restricted to ruling the earth:

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth... (Revelation 12:4)

In conclusion, there is ample evidence that spirits were given original dominion over the earth. Satan ruled the earth with a host of angels under his control!

Due to the rebellion and abandoning of the Earth by the original caretakers, the earth had reached the condition of empty, void, and dark as described in Genesis 1:2.

About 6,000 years ago, God returned, re-created a decimated earth to its original very good condition, created man, and gave man dominion over the earth.

Man may gain everlasting life by becoming equal unto the angels and rule over the Earth forever under their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Angels produced through this training process should be less likely to rebel.

Which of the above scriptures do you not believe?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #96

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:22 pm
I have shown you in the scriptures that the original caretakers of the earth were angels -- but you did not believe the scriptures.

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)

So God created the heaven and the earth very good in the first verse of the Bible:

But the second verse of the Bible describes the very good earth created in verse one as follows:

And the earth was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep... (KJV Genesis 1:1-2)

How can that be? A hint is offered in seven different translations of the scriptures. For example:

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Genesis 1:2 NIV)

The indication in these seven versions is that the earth was created very good and had become without form, empty, and dark over a period of time. Many call this explanation the Gap Theory.

Paul is writing to the Christians at Corinth. Who are these angels which Christians shall judge? They are the angels who sided with Satan in his rebellion against God and are now restrained in hell:

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6)

At some time after the original creation about 4.5 billion years ago, Satan was given rule over the earth:

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!... For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars (angels) of God... I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. (Isaiah 14:12-14)

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon (Satan); and the dragon fought and his angels, (Revelation 12:7)

Satan and his angels were defeated and they were cast back down to their original assignment -- the earth:

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:9)

Although the exact number under Satan's authority is unknown, it was one-third of the total number of angels. Satan and the angels who joined his rebellion against God were exiled from the Kingdom of God and restricted to ruling the earth:

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth... (Revelation 12:4)

In conclusion, there is ample evidence that spirits were given original dominion over the earth. Satan ruled the earth with a host of angels under his control!

Due to the rebellion and abandoning of the Earth by the original caretakers, the earth had reached the condition of empty, void, and dark as described in Genesis 1:2.

About 6,000 years ago, God returned, re-created a decimated earth to its original very good condition, created man, and gave man dominion over the earth.

Man may gain everlasting life by becoming equal unto the angels and rule over the Earth forever under their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

That's all very fanciful, and if anyone here believes you I hope they will say so. There is nothing that indicates that God intended spirits to take care of the earth. Adam was created to do the job, and he was very physical, made from "dust." Not a spirit.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #97

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 am

That's all very fanciful, and if anyone here believes you I hope they will say so.
Which of the verses above do you not believe?
onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 am There is nothing that indicates that God intended spirits to take care of the earth. Adam was created to do the job, and he was very physical, made from "dust." Not a spirit.

Have you noticed that Adam is dead? He only lived for 930 years.

So if Adam was created to care for the earth, then that creation failed.

Savant

Post #98

Post by 1213 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:14 pm Being righteous or righteously inclined saves no one under the New Testament Covenant!
But, eternal life is promised only for righteous:

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #99

Post by myth-one.com »

1213 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:46 am
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:14 pm Being righteous or righteously inclined saves no one under the New Testament Covenant!
But, eternal life is promised only for righteous:

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23
There are two testaments or covenants between mankind and God. The New Testament became effective when Jesus died on the cross:

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. (Hebrews 9:15-17)

Jesus is speaking in Matthew 25:46, so He is still alive. That being the case, the Old Testament is in effect and the only way to gain everlasting is to be free of any sin, which is being righteous.

When Jesus died, we came under the New Testament where everlasting life becomes a gift of God through the grace of Jesus:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (Romans 6:14)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #100

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:14 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 am

That's all very fanciful, and if anyone here believes you I hope they will say so.
Which of the verses above do you not believe?
onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:46 am There is nothing that indicates that God intended spirits to take care of the earth. Adam was created to do the job, and he was very physical, made from "dust." Not a spirit.

Have you noticed that Adam is dead? He only lived for 930 years.

So if Adam was created to care for the earth, then that creation failed.
Adam is dead because he failed to obey Jehovah's rule that Adam should not eat from one tree. He knew that if he did eat from it that he would die, and he did. If he had not eaten from the one tree, he would still be here. Jehovah's plan has not been made void. It will be carried out with the same beginning as Adam and Eve had, with other physical people. We will get to live on the earth forever in Paradise.

"Evildoers will be cut off, but those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth....The meek ones will possess the earth, and they will find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace....The righteous will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." (Psalm 37:9,11,29)

Jesus and his co-rulers will live forever in heaven---the true Jerusalem, the "Jerusalem above." (Galatians 4:26)