THE FUTURE

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

THE FUTURE

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

Haven't we all, at one time or another, wondered what the future will be like? Experts of men have had a spotty reputation as most of their predictions have proved untrue.

What does the Bible tell us? "The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed....It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44, Revised Standard Version)

Is this good news? Of course, when we realize what God's Kingdom is. It is a real government that will replace all of the existing governments on the earth and stand forever. Stability and order will be brought to people on the earth. What will life be like under this government?

NO MORE WAR (Psalm 46:9)
NO MORE SICKNESS (Isaiah 33:24)
NO MORE FOOD SHORTAGE (Psalm 72:16)
NO MORE PAIN, SORROW AND DEATH (Revelation 21:4)

These are just some of the promises made in the Bible about God's Kingdom, and there are more. God has promised all these wonderful things for the future. All righteously inclined people can avail themselves of these promises. Does this sound good to you?

Savant

Re: THE FUTURE

Post #101

Post by 1213 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:57 am There are two testaments or covenants between mankind and God.
Actually there are more than that. For example Genesis 9:11-15.
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:57 amThe New Testament became effective when Jesus died on the cross:
I think the new covenant was established by these words:

He took the cup, gave thanks, and gave to them, saying, "All of you drink it, for this is my blood of the new covenant, which is poured out for many for the remission of sins.
Matt. 26:27-28

By receiving that, person takes part of the new covenant.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #102

Post by myth-one.com »

1213 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:46 am
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:57 am There are two testaments or covenants between mankind and God.
Actually there are more than that. For example Genesis 9:11-15.
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:57 amThe New Testament became effective when Jesus died on the cross:
I think the new covenant was established by these words:

He took the cup, gave thanks, and gave to them, saying, "All of you drink it, for this is my blood of the new covenant, which is poured out for many for the remission of sins.
Matt. 26:27-28

By receiving that, person takes part of the new covenant.

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. (Hebrews 9:15-17)

Definition of testator: A person who has made a will or given a legacy.

The New Testament became effective when Jesus died on the cross. From that point forward, mankind may gain everlasting spiritual life by believing in Him as their Savior from the wages of their sins.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #103

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:16 pm
Jesus and his co-rulers will live forever in heaven---the true Jerusalem, the "Jerusalem above." (Galatians 4:26)

Wrong!

The earth is not presently part of the Kingdom of Heaven. It is basically a colony which has rebelled under Satan and some of his angels and broken away from the kingdom. However, the kingdoms of this world will once again become the kingdoms of our Lord and Christ:

The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Revelation 11:15)

The earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of Heaven. It will not be heaven, but will be under God's rule and part of the Kingdom of Heaven as is heaven itself. This will occur when Jesus returns to take back control of the earth from Satan. And how long does Jesus our Lord intend to reign on the earth?

The Lord shall reign for ever and ever. (Exodus 15:18)

The Lord shall reign for ever... (Psalm 146:10)

And they shall reign for ever and ever. (Revelation 22:5)

And what are the born again Christians going to be doing after Jesus' return?

We shall also reign with him. (II Timothy 2:12)

And how long are the born again Christians going to be with the Lord Jesus?

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:17)

Where will Jesus base His rule and locate His tabernacle to rule the earth? The holy city of Jerusalem:

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. (Revelation 21:2-3)

New Jerusalem is part of what Jesus has been preparing for us over the past two thousand years. He will bring it down from heaven upon His return.

Since Jesus is going to rule the earth forever from new Jerusalem, and we will rule with Him, and be with Him forever, where does that place us forever and ever?

On the earth!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #104

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:01 am
Jesus and his co-rulers will live forever in heaven---the true Jerusalem, the "Jerusalem above." (Galatians 4:26)

Wrong!

The earth is not presently part of the Kingdom of Heaven. It is basically a colony which has rebelled under Satan and some of his angels and broken away from the kingdom. However, the kingdoms of this world will once again become the kingdoms of our Lord and Christ:

The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Revelation 11:15)

The earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of Heaven. It will not be heaven, but will be under God's rule and part of the Kingdom of Heaven as is heaven itself. This will occur when Jesus returns to take back control of the earth from Satan. And how long does Jesus our Lord intend to reign on the earth?

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:17)

Where will Jesus base His rule and locate His tabernacle to rule the earth? The holy city of Jerusalem:

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. (Revelation 21:2-3)

New Jerusalem is part of what Jesus has been preparing for us over the past two thousand years. He will bring it down from heaven upon His return.

Since Jesus is going to rule the earth forever from new Jerusalem, and we will rule with Him, and be with Him forever, where does that place us forever and ever?

On the earth!

IN HEAVEN! That is where God is and where He will stay, along with Jesus and his co-rulers. That is where the New Jerusalem is and will always be.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #105

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 pm

Wrong!

On the earth!

IN HEAVEN! That is where God is and where He will stay, along with Jesus and his co-rulers. That is where the New Jerusalem is and will always be.

Once again, I'll have to side with God's answer over your biblically unsupported claim!!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #106

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:20 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 pm

Wrong!

On the earth!

Once again, I'll have to side with God's answer over your biblically unsupported claim!!

You don't see what God is trying to say. God and the New Jerusalem, Christ's bride, will "come down" in the sense that they are influencing the earth with scrutiny. We've already seen how Solomon stated that God cannot be contained on this planet (I Kings 8:27). Do you side with that Scripture from God? Or do you ignore it? We have also seen how God has been "with" people and yet remained in heaven (Exodus 29:45). Jesus always said that his Father was in heaven (Matthew 6:9,10). So how is God "with" us? The same way that Jesus said that he would be with his disciples until the end---yet he is in heaven. (Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 1:3b) So, how can should we take Revelation 21:2,3?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #107

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:29 am

On the earth!

Well, I guess you have discovered yet another incorrect verse inspired by God; because He definitely states that Jesus and New Jerusalem will be coming "down from God out of heaven" to the earth for ever and ever!

Savant

Post #108

Post by 1213 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:35 am ...
The New Testament became effective when Jesus died on the cross. From that point forward, mankind may gain everlasting spiritual life by believing in Him as their Savior from the wages of their sins.
Do you think testament and covenant are the same? Why?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #109

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:56 pm

On the earth!

Well, I guess you have discovered yet another incorrect verse inspired by God; because He definitely states that Jesus and New Jerusalem will be coming "down from God out of heaven" to the earth for ever and ever!

God is coming down in the very sense that Jesus said that he was "with" us. Jesus said that but he is in heaven. So is God, and he will stay there just as Jesus has. (Matthew 28:20)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #110

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:51 am
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:56 pm

On the earth!

God is coming down in the very sense that Jesus said that he was "with" us. Jesus said that but he is in heaven. So is God, and he will stay there just as Jesus has. (Matthew 28:20)

So you do not believe in the Second Coming.

Sad.

I beg you to allow Jesus to return to the earth as the Bible states:

I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:2-3)

Please allow this one verse to be the truth in your congregation as it is written in the Bible.

Make an exception for this Easter weekend.