SUNDAY THE SABBATH

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

SUNDAY THE SABBATH

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

God has ordained that the Sabbath be the day of worship. In the Old Testament period, God declared the 7th day to be the Sabbath day, but when Christ rose from the dead, God ended the era of 7th day Sabbath observation which entailed physical rest and instituted the first new era of Sabbaths to take place the Sunday Christ arose. This Sunday Sabbath would now entail much spiritual work for those who have found their rest in Christ (those who believed to be saved).

So, why do some, today, still worship on the 7th day of the week and others on the 1st day of the week? And why do people blame Constantine for changing the day of worship from saturday to Sunday, when no such information of him doing so is found in the scriptures?

rstrats
Scholar

Re: SUNDAY THE SABBATH

Post #31

Post by rstrats »

onewithhim,

You have a couple of questions directed to you in post #26.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #32

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:16 am You're right, flesh and blood bodies cannot go to heaven and rule with Christ.
Flesh and blood mankind cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, not just heaven. And the earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of God.
onewithhim wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:16 amBut they can enjoy the earth in physical conditions forever.
Any one human body can enjoy the earth in physical conditions until they die, which is about a max of 120 years.
onewithhim wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:16 amWhen you quote the Lord's prayer, you miss the meaning. It's not that the earth will be LIKE it is in heaven, but that God's WILL will be done on the earth, as God's will is honored in heaven."
No, it's BOTH!

1) Thy kingdom come!

2) Thy will be done!

onewithhim wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:16 am You haven't commented on Isaiah 11:6-9 yet, showing how the people and animals are all spirits, as you indicate.
Your claim that "the people and animals are all spirits" is ridiculous. I never indicated any such nonsense. Physical animal life will remain on the earth along with spiritual beings.

Isaiah 11:6-9 indicates that the Mesiah will bring peace and harmony to the earth.
Spirit people with fleshly animals?? That is counter to what the verses are indicating. It wouldn't be any big deal for a spirit child to put its hand over the hole of a cobra, because he couldn't be harmed anyway if the child was a spirit, so what is the reason that it is mentioned in Scripture that a child will come near to a snake? That wouldn't be considered important enough to be part of Scripture. Spirit children wouldn't be hurt anyway, even if the snakes were poisonous. So...the children would be fleshly people to enjoy the peaceful interaction of the animals.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #33

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:19 pm So...the children would be fleshly people to enjoy the peaceful interaction of the animals.
Why?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #34

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:16 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:19 pm So...the children would be fleshly people to enjoy the peaceful interaction of the animals.
Why?
Because God created humans to live on the physical earth with their physical bodies. He made Adam out of the ground, so Adam was definitely a physical person.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #35

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:57 pm
Why?
Because God created humans to live on the physical earth with their physical bodies. He made Adam out of the ground, so Adam was definitely a physical person.
Spiritual bodied beings also live on the physical earth.

Members of the Kingdom of God are spiritual bodied beings. They can live on and enjoy the physical earth.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #36

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:10 pm
Why?

Members of the Kingdom of God are spiritual bodied beings. They can live on and enjoy the physical earth.
I have to disagree. There aren't spiritual bodied individuals who are living on the earth. Who would they be, and where are they?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #37

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:43 am
Why?

I have to disagree. There aren't spiritual bodied individuals who are living on the earth. Who would they be, and where are they?
The devil has power over the earth at this time:

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)

And the devil probably has angels under his control.

And God is an unescapable Spirit -- so He is everywhere, including the earth:

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. (Psalm 139:7-8)

What is your evidence that spirits are not on the earth?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #38

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:01 am
onewithhim wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:43 am
Why?

The devil has power over the earth at this time:

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)

And the devil probably has angels under his control.

And God is an unescapable Spirit -- so He is everywhere, including the earth:

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. (Psalm 139:7-8)

What is your evidence that spirits are not on the earth?
The Devil doesn't live on the earth. He is in the spirit realm that is separate from the physical Earth. He controls the goings-on on the Earth but he does so from the spirit realm. He is "the authority of the air." (Ephesians 2:2)

rstrats
Scholar

Post #39

Post by rstrats »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #38]

I don't see what the last few posts have to do with the Sabbath.

BTW, you have a couple of questions directed to you in post #26.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #40

Post by onewithhim »

rstrats wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:49 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #38]

I don't see what the last few posts have to do with the Sabbath.

BTW, you have a couple of questions directed to you in post #26.
I guess we got a little off-topic. And I believe I answered those questions in post #26.