SUNDAY THE SABBATH

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

SUNDAY THE SABBATH

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

God has ordained that the Sabbath be the day of worship. In the Old Testament period, God declared the 7th day to be the Sabbath day, but when Christ rose from the dead, God ended the era of 7th day Sabbath observation which entailed physical rest and instituted the first new era of Sabbaths to take place the Sunday Christ arose. This Sunday Sabbath would now entail much spiritual work for those who have found their rest in Christ (those who believed to be saved).

So, why do some, today, still worship on the 7th day of the week and others on the 1st day of the week? And why do people blame Constantine for changing the day of worship from saturday to Sunday, when no such information of him doing so is found in the scriptures?

rstrats
Scholar

Re: SUNDAY THE SABBATH

Post #41

Post by rstrats »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #40]

You wrote that the Messiah died on Nisan 14 and that He rose three days later, i.e., on the 17th. You then wrote that the 17th always falls on a day during the week other than the 7th day, i.e., the end of the week. So, again, how do you know that the 17th didn't fall on the 1st day of the week during the year of the crucifixion? I don't see where you answered that.

rstrats
Scholar

Post #42

Post by rstrats »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #40]

You wrote, "It all is important concerning calendar days, and that our calendar doesn't align itself with the one the Jews use. That is important when trying to decide which day Jesus died or was resurrected on, and also which day is the Sabbath day."

And again, why are you even mentioning our calendar? Why do you find that necessary? How does that impact on which day is the supreme being's Sabbath?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #43

Post by onewithhim »

rstrats wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:07 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #40]

You wrote that the Messiah died on Nisan 14 and that He rose three days later, i.e., on the 17th. You then wrote that the 17th always falls on a day during the week other than the 7th day, i.e., the end of the week. So, again, how do you know that the 17th didn't fall on the 1st day of the week during the year of the crucifixion? I don't see where you answered that.
It may well have. I don't know. But that still doesn't contradict what I said about his resurrection being on a different day throughout the centuries, according to the comparison of our calendar with the Jewish calendar. It wasn't on a different day according to the Jewish calendar, but according to ours it remains so.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #44

Post by onewithhim »

rstrats wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:34 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #40]

You wrote, "It all is important concerning calendar days, and that our calendar doesn't align itself with the one the Jews use. That is important when trying to decide which day Jesus died or was resurrected on, and also which day is the Sabbath day."

And again, why are you even mentioning our calendar? Why do you find that necessary? How does that impact on which day is the supreme being's Sabbath?
I have explained it, and i'm sorry that you can't understand what I wrote. I hope others here can get what I said.

rstrats
Scholar

Post #45

Post by rstrats »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:24 am

I have explained it...
Sorry, but I don't see where you've provided documentation which shows that the seven-day cycle has been interrupted between the first century and today.

rstrats
Scholar

Post #46

Post by rstrats »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:22 am
It may well have. I don't know.
But you wrote, "...Sunday isn't the day Christ arose." and "I'm getting at the fact that Sunday is not the day of Jesus' resurrection...", which sounds like you do know that the 17th didn't fall on the first day of the week in the month of the resurrection. How do you know that?