Will all those who died before Armeggedon be raised to life?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2timothy316
Under Probation

Will all those who died before Armeggedon be raised to life?

Post #1

Post by 2timothy316 »

There are those that think that everyone will be raised to life after Armageddon. This would include such people as Hitler and Judas Iscariot.

For debate, will everyone be resurrected after the end of this system of things or will there be some that will not? What do the scriptures say? If all people will be resurrected, is there no accountability for our actions now? Just as long as we kill ourselves before God judges us?
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Will all those who died before Armeggedon be raised to life?

Post #21

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:47 am
I have demonstrated with scriptural backup the truth about the resurrection. All those who can be taught will be resurrected and/or never die and walk into the New System. There is no justice if, for example, Satan was allowed to live, and his cohorts on this earth. Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler and others might just have been evil. Why should they be resurrected? If they will be, they will have to answer to God whether or not they will bend their knees to Jesus and Jehovah, and they might just refuse, according to their hearts. Well, we shall see. If they are resurrected, I will stand corrected.

My claims above make perfect sense. I hope the others who read these posts will see that what I am saying goes right along with the Scriptures. What sense does it make that the resurrection happens at the END of the thousand years? People will have no time to learn and make up their minds about who they want to worship, whereas if they had a thousand years...that makes sense.

Why do you say that there will be no preacher to preach to people during the thousand years? There will be millions of Christians that will teach people the truth.

Let's take it one step at a time:

At the Second coming, all deceased believers will be resurrected to everlasting life:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

Christians who are alive on the earth when Jesus returns will be born again as spirits and meet them in the air:

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

I Thessalonians 4:17
Then we (Christians) which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

These Christians are no longer humans. They are spiritual bodied beings living within the Kingdom of God. Jesus has returned to the earth, prevailed against Satan, and the earth has rejoined the Kingdom of God. That leaves absolutely zero human Christians on the earth! They will then spend the 1000 year Millennium with Jesus.
What sense does it make that the resurrection happens at the END of the thousand years?
The second resurrection occurs at the end of the thousand years. At this second resurrection, all deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected and face judgment.

Your comments?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #22

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:15 am
I have demonstrated with scriptural backup the truth about the resurrection. All those who can be taught will be resurrected and/or never die and walk into the New System. There is no justice if, for example, Satan was allowed to live, and his cohorts on this earth. Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler and others might just have been evil. Why should they be resurrected? If they will be, they will have to answer to God whether or not they will bend their knees to Jesus and Jehovah, and they might just refuse, according to their hearts. Well, we shall see. If they are resurrected, I will stand corrected.

My claims above make perfect sense. I hope the others who read these posts will see that what I am saying goes right along with the Scriptures. What sense does it make that the resurrection happens at the END of the thousand years? People will have no time to learn and make up their minds about who they want to worship, whereas if they had a thousand years...that makes sense.

Why do you say that there will be no preacher to preach to people during the thousand years? There will be millions of Christians that will teach people the truth.

Let's take it one step at a time:

At the Second coming, all deceased believers will be resurrected to everlasting life:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

Christians who are alive on the earth when Jesus returns will be born again as spirits and meet them in the air:

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

I Thessalonians 4:17
Then we (Christians) which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

These Christians are no longer humans. They are spiritual bodied beings living within the Kingdom of God. Jesus has returned to the earth, prevailed against Satan, and the earth has rejoined the Kingdom of God. That leaves absolutely zero human Christians on the earth! They will then spend the 1000 year Millennium with Jesus.
What sense does it make that the resurrection happens at the END of the thousand years?
The second resurrection occurs at the end of the thousand years. At this second resurrection, all deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected and face judgment.

Your comments?
All deceased people who are resurrected will have time to learn about the truth of God and His Son. How do you think they will learn if they are judged right after the thousand years? They will be resurrected during the thousand years, and not all at once, undoubtedly. It will take a thousand years for all deceased people to be resurrected and taught the truth. All people will be judged on what they do during the thousand years.

You say spirit people will spend 1,000 years with Jesus. What about after the Millennium?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #23

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 am
All deceased people who are resurrected will have time to learn about the truth of God and His Son.
All deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected and have time to learn about the truth of God and His Son. :D
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 am How do you think they will learn if they are judged right after the thousand years?
They will learn during judgment.
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 amThey will be resurrected during the thousand years, and not all at once, undoubtedly.
You need to argue with God on this one. Here is when God plans to resurrect deceased nonbelievers:

Revelation 20:5
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 am It will take a thousand years for all deceased people to be resurrected and taught the truth.
Perhaps even longer.
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 am All people will be judged on what they do during the thousand years.
All nonbelievers be judged on what they did during their lifetimes. Most will have died before the thousand years, others will have died during the 1000 years, and some will have been born during the 1000 years and still be alive at the end of the 1000 years.
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:42 am You say spirit people will spend 1,000 years with Jesus. What about after the Millennium?
Jesus will rule the Earth from new Jerusalem for ever and ever. All Christians born again of the Spirit as spirits will reign with Him:

...we shall also reign with him. (II Timothy 2:12)

Eternally:

...and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:17)

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #24

Post by 2timothy316 »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:35 pm
All deceased people who are resurrected will have time to learn about the truth of God and His Son.
All deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected and have time to learn about the truth of God and His Son. :D
And what about those that were once believers but turned into deniers and enemies of God, His Son and His people?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #25

Post by myth-one.com »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:21 pm
And what about those that were once believers but turned into deniers and enemies of God, His Son and His people?
They are nonbelievers.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #26

Post by 2timothy316 »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:34 pm
They are nonbelievers.
Yet they already know the truth, so there is nothing to teach them. What's the point of resurrecting a person that knows the truth but denies it anyway?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #27

Post by myth-one.com »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:37 pm
They are nonbelievers.
Yet they already know the truth, so there is nothing to teach them. What's the point of resurrecting a person that knows the truth but denies it anyway?
Your believer/nonbeliever obviously has doubts. If he or she changed their mind once, perhaps they need preaching of a higher order before making their final and everlasting choice.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #28

Post by 2timothy316 »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:59 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:37 pm
They are nonbelievers.
Your believer/nonbeliever obviously has doubts. If he or she changed their mind once, perhaps they need preaching of a higher order before making their final and everlasting choice.
I know of people that have no doubt they do NOT want to live forever and will NOT change their mind. I have been told that if God himself talked to them they would rather to fist fight him then talk to Him. They do NOT want to live by His rules, they want their rules or death. Now what?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #29

Post by myth-one.com »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:03 pm I know of people that have no doubt they do NOT want to live forever and will NOT change their mind. I have been told that if God himself talked to them they would rather to fist fight him then talk to Him. Now what?
There is risk in accepting everlasting life. The main risk is that it cannot be terminated!!

Thus, the wages of sin in the spiritual world can be infinitely harsher than in the physical world.

The devil, for example, will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

It is more of a participation/non-participation choice.

If someone had a totally miserable life as a human, I can sympathize with their hesitance to accept everlasting life.

Their is no exit door in the everlasting life world!

We fear things which we cannot understand. So, we fear death and infinity.

God has no choice but to honor His covenant with mankind. There are two choices and God will honor each person's individual choice.

We should probably accept everyone's choice also.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #30

Post by JehovahsWitness »

MATTHEW 12:31, 32

“For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things
nor in that to come

I really don't see were there can be any question, Jesus made it clear that it was possible for someone to sin unforgivable "in this system" ie BEFORE Armageddon, so of course such s person forfeits any chance of future life.

God judges who such people are.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8