Will all those who died before Armeggedon be raised to life?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2timothy316
Under Probation

Will all those who died before Armeggedon be raised to life?

Post #1

Post by 2timothy316 »

There are those that think that everyone will be raised to life after Armageddon. This would include such people as Hitler and Judas Iscariot.

For debate, will everyone be resurrected after the end of this system of things or will there be some that will not? What do the scriptures say? If all people will be resurrected, is there no accountability for our actions now? Just as long as we kill ourselves before God judges us?
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: Will all those who died before Armeggedon be raised to life?

Post #41

Post by 2timothy316 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:05 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:17 pm If my family member were to die today, I truly have no idea if they would be resurrected or not. If Jehovah wants them there, so be it, if He doesn't, so be it as well. If they are not, then they at least got to live life, which is a gift and not forced on or owed to anyone as some would believe.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

Christians will be resurrected at the Second Coming, or "at his coming."

Non-Christians will be resurrected after the Millennium:

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (Revelation 20:5)

If your Family member dies as a believer he will be resurrected at the Second Coming.

If your Family member dies as a nonbeliever he will be resurrected after the Millennium.

Now you know.
I don't believe you as you are not Jehovah and all mankind's judgements mean nothing to me.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #42

Post by myth-one.com »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:41 am
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:17 pm If my family member were to die today, I truly have no idea if they would be resurrected or not. If Jehovah wants them there, so be it, if He doesn't, so be it as well. If they are not, then they at least got to live life, which is a gift and not forced on or owed to anyone as some would believe.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (Revelation 20:5)

If your Family member dies as a believer he will be resurrected at the Second Coming.

If your Family member dies as a nonbeliever he will be resurrected after the Millennium.

Now you know.
I don't believe you as you are not Jehovah and all mankind's judgements mean nothing to me.

But you do not believe Jehovah!

Jehovah says your family member will be resurrected!

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #43

Post by 2timothy316 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:52 am

Now you know.

But you do not believe Jehovah:

I believe Jehovah I do not believe in the way you interpret the Bible. I do not read that scripture the way you do. You think this verse is speaking about the whole world but the letter Paul wrote is addressed to believers only and not everyone in the world.

"Now I remind you, brothers, of the good news that I declared to you, which you also accepted, and for which you have taken your stand." 1 Cor 15:1
Not 'I remind the world'.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #44

Post by myth-one.com »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:59 am

Now you know.

I believe Jehovah I do not believe in the way you interpret the Bible. I do not read that scripture the way you do. You think this verse is speaking about the whole world but the letter Paul wrote is addressed to believers only and not everyone in the world.

"Now I remind you, brothers, of the good news that I declared to you, which you also accepted, and for which you have taken your stand." 1 Cor 15:1
I did not interpret the verse. I quoted the verse.

Paul is writing a letter to the Christians at Corinth.

If he was only speaking about what will happen with Christians, then the Christian being compared to would be Adam.

But Christianity did not even exist when Adam existed. So Adam was not a Christian!

The verse is obviously referring to all mankind. It specifies when Christians will be resurrected. Christians are a subset of all.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #45

Post by 2timothy316 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:33 am
2timothy316 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:59 am

Now you know.

I did not interpret the verse. I quoted the verse.
You cherry picked a verse. You use eisegesis, which I see as a flawed way to interpret scripture. Its also known as proof-texting. You make a claim then cherry picked a sentence that seem to back you up. I do not accept this way of using the Bible as valid. Yet in context Paul is speaking to his brothers, who are believers, these will be made alive, not the entire world. You can't just pick one sentence and ignore the rest of he Bible. I will reject this type of use of the Bible every time.

tam
Savant

Post #46

Post by tam »

Peace to you all,

Yes, as this verse does indeed state. (See also Revelation 20:4-6) This is the first resurrection.

Yes, as that verse does indeed state.
Not just a believer, but as a Christian (one is both called and chosen, being anointed with holy spirit). Such ones reign with Christ for (at least) a thousand years.

Yes, at which point that person will receive life OR the second death.

None of US should even attempt to judge which any person receives.

For one - the judgment has not yet happened. (see also 1 Corinth 4:5)

For two - God may have mercy upon whomever He chooses.

For three - the example we are given, that my Lord has shown me, is that God saves entire households. In Egypt, the blood of the lamb protected the entire household from Death. The blood of the Lamb does the same for us and our household.

If someone does not want to live forever, since God and His Son are about choice, I cannot see anyone being forced to live forever against their will. But that decision might stem from misconceptions about what it would mean to live forever, and perhaps also be influenced by pain in this world... whereas the leaves of the Tree of Life is for the healing of the nations (and that includes emotional pain, mental health issues).

If one does fear for a household member, one can always do as Job did with his children, and ask forgiveness for them.

Or as Christ did, and ask forgiveness for those who persecuted Him (even to the point of death). Or as Stephen did for those who stoned him.

But ALL who are in their graves hear the voice of the Son of God and come out. All. As is also stated in Revelation.

Revelation 20:5 - the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were over.

Revelation 20:12, 13 - And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

Peace again to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

tam
Savant

Post #47

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

tam wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:38 pm For the Jws on the thread, and anyone else who might not have considered this:

HAD done = past tense; meaning what they had done PREVIOUS to their resurrection (during their life before they died).

For you, myth-one, and anyone else who might not have considered this:

Had DONE = deeds.
Deeds is OK. I would probably use "works." Same thing.

You need to notice that after judgment the Book of Life is checked again for names.
Is it? Here is the whole account:

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

The book is opened before the judging begins.

Please note again that the dead are judged according to what they had done (past tense). Is that not the same thing that Christ says in John 5 (which you think no longer applies)?

“Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

See also:

But I tell you that men will give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matt 12:36, 37

Names of believers are written in the Book of Life.
Sure... but that does not mean that no one who was once a non-believer cannot have their names written in that book, based on their deeds (mercy, love, etc), just like the sheep from the sheep and goats parable? The book is opened here at the end of the thousand years, at the second resurrection, because if one's name is in that book, one receives life (that person rises to LIVE - from John 5:28-29).

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #48

Post by myth-one.com »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:46 am You cherry picked a verse. You use eisegesis, which I see as a flawed way to interpret scripture. Its also known as proof-texting. You make a claim then cherry picked a sentence that seem to back you up. I do not accept this way of using the Bible as valid. Yet in context Paul is speaking to his brothers, who are believers, these will be made alive, not the entire world. You can't just pick one sentence and ignore the rest of he Bible. I will reject this type of use of the Bible every time.
1 Corinthians 15
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

The resurrection at the Second Coming is described as the "first resurrection" -- as you probably know, having studied the Bible extensively.

If all believers are resurrected at the Second Coming, and only believers are resurrected as you claim, then why is there a second resurrection?

Here's why:

Christ + believers + nonbelievers = 100% of humanity

Or as Paul put it "all!"

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #49

Post by 2timothy316 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:27 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:46 am You cherry picked a verse. You use eisegesis, which I see as a flawed way to interpret scripture. Its also known as proof-texting. You make a claim then cherry picked a sentence that seem to back you up. I do not accept this way of using the Bible as valid. Yet in context Paul is speaking to his brothers, who are believers, these will be made alive, not the entire world. You can't just pick one sentence and ignore the rest of he Bible. I will reject this type of use of the Bible every time.
1 Corinthians 15
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

The resurrection at the Second Coming is described as the "first resurrection" -- as you probably know, having studied the Bible extensively.

If all believers are resurrected at the Second Coming, and only believers are resurrected as you claim, then why is there a second resurrection?

Here's why:

Christ + believers + nonbelievers = 100% of humanity

Or as Paul put it "all!"
All his brothers. Do you know why that letter Paul wrote is called 1 Corinthians? It is because it is Paul's first letter addressing the Christian congregation in Corinth and by faith the entire Christian brotherhood. It is not addressed to the entire world. You're free to think what you want, but in context the term 'all made alive' to me doesn't include the whole world.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #50

Post by JehovahsWitness »

DOES THE BIBLE TEACH ALL HUMANS EVER BORN WILL EVENTUALLY LIVE FOREVER?

Absolutely not! The bible is clear ....

1. Those judged as incorrigibly wicked will be destroyed with no hope of future life
PSALMS 37:38 ISV

Sinners will be destroyed together; the future of the wicked will be cut off.

2. It is impossible to live forever with sin and those that sin against the holy spirit cannot have that sin pardonned, thus such people will not live forever.

MATTHEW 12:31, 32

“For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come
3. Jesus explicitly stated that a MINORITY of mankind would find life...
MATTHEW 7:14

narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.

BUT DID NOT PAUL STATE THAT 100 % OF MANKIND WOULD LIVE FOREVER?
1 CORINTHIANS 15: 22

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive
Absolutely not! He made no mention of a percentage and when he said "all" he clearly stated it was "all" in the same manner * as all mankind dies because of Adam.

[ * ] The word Paul used in Greek wsper means "just as", i.e. exactly like." See STRONGS #5618

Adam introduced sin and DEATH to "all" mankind but some humans nevertheless will live forever. In the same manner (Greek wsper) , Christ introduced everlasting life to "all" mankind but some humans will nevertheless will NOT live forever. In short, Adamic death is for all the humans that reject the ransom and everlasting life is for all those that accept it (compare John 3:16)

CONCLUSION Regardless of where ones destiny is, (in heaven or on earth) or what prophecies must be fulfilled in the interim, ultimatly scripture is clear, there will be those that reject God's means of salvation and do not live forever. Any dogma that states 100% of mankind will eventually live forever when Jesus Christ himself said relative "few" will , is clearly erroneous and based on a faulty understanding of 1 Cor 15:22

RELATED POSTS

Why is there a need for atonement in biblical theology ?
viewtopic.php?p=1042433#p1042433

Will 100% of humanity eventually be saved ?
viewtopic.php?p=1135631#p1135631
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

LIFE, DEATH and ...SALVATION
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8