Do you enjoy CHRISTMAS or not?

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

LittleNipper
Scholar

Do you enjoy CHRISTMAS or not?

Post #1

Post by LittleNipper »

I for one enjoy CHRISTMAS. I feel that it is as GOD centered as one wishes it to be. So, do you celebrate CHRISTMAS? How do you do that? Do you have any fond memories surrounding this holiday? I figure that since this thread would undoubtedly end up being moved here, I would make the most of it and perhaps together we cam make Random Ramblings the discussion spot that everyone will access and use. So, what do you think of CHRISTMAS?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: Do you enjoy CHRISTMAS or not?

Post #2

Post by LittleNipper »

CHRISTMAS is one of those times of year when everyone seems in higher spirits. I know that the hassle and bustle can be taxing, but it seems to me that everyone takes it in stride. I enjoy seeing how different families decorate their trees. I still see an occasional train layout with all the lighted houses. And again everyone has their own style of presentation. Each generation has it's own special memory. One time it was bubble lights and another has the different color candle bulbs. One era has blue lights and another has racing/marquee lights. Color bulbs give way to clear and then back again as vintage becomes popular once more. Tinsel is the standard and then popcorn strings move over to strings of red beads or maybe gold or silver. Some have a pointer or a bow or a star topper. It's all a matter of family traditions. We have an angel on our tree top. It was actually a wedding gift and has adorned our tree for over 35 years now. And at the foot of our tree is our SEARS deluxe nativity set that was purchased after my wife and I's first Christmas together at a 2/3 markdown --- because the resin shepherd was broken in half. This I fixed with epoxy, filed and repainted. No one would ever know except for us. ;) The store manager's note regarding the special markdown is still affixed to the box...