Jesus is God - Jude - only Master and Lord, Jesus the Messiah

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - Jude - only Master and Lord, Jesus the Messiah

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

3 Dear friends, although I was eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I found it necessary to write to you and urge you to continue your vigorous defense of the faith that was passed down to the saints once and for all. 4 For some people have slipped in among you unnoticed. They were written about long ago as being deserving of this condemnation because they are ungodly. They turn the grace of our God into uncontrollable lust and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus the Messiah.
Is Jesus your only master and Lord?

kurios
https://biblehub.com/greek/strongs_2962.htm
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - Jude - only Master and Lord, Jesus the Messiah

Post #2

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:05 pm
3 Dear friends, although I was eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I found it necessary to write to you and urge you to continue your vigorous defense of the faith that was passed down to the saints once and for all. 4 For some people have slipped in among you unnoticed. They were written about long ago as being deserving of this condemnation because they are ungodly. They turn the grace of our God into uncontrollable lust and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus the Messiah.
Is Jesus your only master and Lord?

kurios
https://biblehub.com/greek/strongs_2962.htm
Yes, because Jehovah says so. It is Jehovah's will that Jesus come here and give up his perfect life for mankind. So Jehovah is the SUPREME Master and Lord, because He is the one calling the shots. Jesus can be called Master and Lord because he is over any other person in the universe except, of course the Father, Jehovah. So, Jesus can be said to be--not the ONLY Master and Lord--but the secondary Master and Lord. Jehovah is always the MOST HIGH. (Psalm 83:18, KJV)